Forums

Topic: xbox 360 titles (eg modern warfare 3 ) cant use multiplayer under secondary non gold accounts now?

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

markm75

I have this issue only with the new xbox.

The old xbox one x example:
I have a primary account that is gold/ultimate, secondary family accounts that arent. Launch MW3 as a secondary account (my wife for instance), go to multiplayer, can play as normal

Now on the new xbox series X, configured with the same profiles, go to mw3 as secondary and launch multiplayer:

"current profile is not allowed to sign into xbox live"

Can anyone confirm the same happens on their xbox series X as well?
Thanks in advance

Edited on by markm75

markm75

markm75

Well it seems the solution here was to go to settings, general, preferences, set xbox to home. Now those 360 titles under secondary accounts work.

However, this created a problem. Now on the old xbox one x my kids use, i have to be signed in in order for them to play other titles (and now 360 multiplayer is broke with the same error as before).

If im playing a different title downstairs on the series X and they go to play a different title upstairs, it will say i'm already signed in (even though two different titles) and force my series X sign in to sign out if they click it.

So i guess no easy fixes here.

markm75

count_midge

If I'm reading this right your best bet is assign the x1x as primary home console. This means anyone can use gold and games when they sign in. Then set primary to auto sign in on xsx. This means anyone can then sign in as themselves and use gold and games because primary is signed in. Obviously this doesn't help with 360 but at least two can play.

count_midge

markm75

count_midge wrote:

If I'm reading this right your best bet is assign the x1x as primary home console. This means anyone can use gold and games when they sign in. Then set primary to auto sign in on xsx. This means anyone can then sign in as themselves and use gold and games because primary is signed in. Obviously this doesn't help with 360 but at least two can play.

yeah that would probably be simpler, except my wife does alot of 360 multiplayer, so making the series X home made more sense in that regard (if the other is set to home then the error occurs trying to do 360 titles multiplayer).

markm75

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.