Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series S Thread

Posts 121 to 139 of 139

aarondogg33

A couple questions.

which is better for gaming on tv? should i use the 4k setting, or switch to 1440. I don't yet have a tv that has a refresh rate of 120 I currently have 60 as probably most of you do.

I seen it split about 50/50. I typically play first person shooter games such as a call of duty and sports games.

aarondogg33

Krzzystuff

@aarondogg33 if your tv supports 4K60 play at that. Unless you have an S but even then dies it upscale to 4K with no impact to frames?

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Random question... Thought about it today but it seems like no one is surprised there's no free gamepass ultimate time at all included in the box. I'm good until 2023 buy i would have thought at least a month would be in there. Maybe cuz launch day is for enthusist and they might throw some in there down the road?

Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Just saw it's the S thread lol. I'd say try it out on 4K and then switch it to the lower res and see if there's any difference in frames and the feel. If it's the same but not as pretty just 4K it.

Krzzystuff

aarondogg33

@graysoncharles I agree with everything you said. Thus far i am pretty happy with it. We just need more games to come out, and I wish the Hard drive was better. The way they set this up you almost certainly will have to buy an external one for $200 as it stands now. Hopefully price comes down because game sizes aren't going to come down they will only continue to rise. I downloaded Cold War and that was 136 gigs alone! Ill likely try and get X when they become more available.

Edited on by aarondogg33

aarondogg33

JGRockford

Nice!
Will certainly check this out 🤗
It's it possible to attach several sources to the system?

I have a PC that acts as a media centre on the same tv the XBox is.

JGRockford

JGRockford

Yeah, will have to look into how it works. Been a while since looking into this story of thing.

PC is hooked up to TV via HDMI, the same way the XBox is, though I think I'll need to look at that upgrade some time too, as it's around 10yo 😬

JGRockford

JGRockford

Yeah, good call 😁
Running the Series X at 1080/60, no HDR 😬

Deserves so much better, though even playing now, is a huge step up from the PS4 slim I was on 🤘

JGRockford

mousieone

I believe the Series S is getting a 60fps patch for AC Valhalla from Ubisoft tomorrow.

Edited on by mousieone

mousieone

belmont

I ordered a Series S today, my first xbox! 310 euros. Hope it deliveres.

belmont

Krzzystuff

@belmont congrats. Hope you enjoy it. Since it's your first Xbox there's a crazy deal for you. You can buy up to 3 year's of Xbox live gold and convert it to Gamepass Ultimate for $1. Best deal around. You can get the 1 year cards in most stores still, won't find it online for the normal price. There is a gamepass ultimate monthly game club going as well, we're playing RE7 at the moment.

Krzzystuff

belmont

@Krzzystuff I wish I did know it when I originally registered in Game Pass that I did when they introduced the Windows 10 version. I will totally replay RE7, loved it when I played it in my OG PS4.

belmont

MagicCat

belmont wrote:

I ordered a Series S today, my first xbox! 310 euros. Hope it deliveres.

I got a Series S recently as my first Xbox too! Been impressed so far.

Edited on by MagicCat

MagicCat

belmont

My Series S arrived. It is my first Xbox and I really like the small factor and the very fast SSD. I use the console in my 1080p PC gaming monitor.

Now I was pleasantly suprised by the BC games, I mean Sonic 3? Wasn't it supposed to have legal issues that made it unsellable? As a SEGA fan I was blown away: Crazy Taxi, Virtua Fighter, Castle of Illusion, Ikaruga, Daytona. As you can guess I snag some of those games, they were cheap anyway. Also Final Fantasy 13, I will surely snag the trilogy.

For the newer stuff Forza Horizon 4 and Gaers 5 play great. Resident Evil 2 too, although the performance seems on par with my PS4 Pro version.

Any suggestions for BC games are welcome, especially SEGA and Square ones. I could not find a way to search games from a publisher.

belmont

LtSarge

@belmont Congrats on the purchase! Glad to see that you're enjoying it so far.

I think the reason why Sonic 3 is here is because of BC. The version that you're playing is the 360 version, which came out a long time ago before these legal issues arose, so it makes sense why you can still buy it.

Have you considered subscribing to Game Pass? There are lots of SEGA and Square Enix titles on there, such as Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, NieR: Automata, Streets of Rage 4, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 15 and naturally a whole bunch of other great titles as well besides SEGA and Square ones like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space etc.

Not to mention that Dragon Quest XI was just added to the service today!

Edit: Realised that you were looking for BC games in particular, woops. Hopefully the choices above were still helpful in some way!

Edit 2: Maybe this page will help you find those games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backward-compatible_gam...

If you filter the "Publisher" column you should be able to see all the SEGA and Square Enix BC titles.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

belmont

@LtSarge I already had the PC version of Game Pass but Forza Horizon and Gears played not great on my PC. I know that 300 euros my be a lot for some people but the Series S is, relatevely speaking, "cheap" or cheaper from a new laptop anyway.

Thanks for the link, for some reason I did not think to check wikipedia.

There are Fighting Vipers, Virtual On and a ton of Sonic games. Also Konami has Metal Gear and Silent Hill games. I have a ton of stuff available to play. I also have (!) to replay the Final Fantasy titles available. Oh man I really hope Sony adds also some kind of BC in PS4 or 5.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

carlos82

So I've had my Series S for a couple of weeks now and I'm very impressed and can only see a bright future for it. It took me a while to get into quick resume as I have a habit of closing games but its a literal game changer. Then games like Valhalla and Forza Horizon 4 look and run absolutely great at 60fps, I now have Gears 5 downloaded and am delighted to see it at less than 40gb.

As @belmont said there are plenty of retro games that released on 360 and are available here and with auto HDR some look truly spectacular. Also tried Skyrim today with its unlocked framerate mod and that works brilliantly and also benefits from auto HDR.

I'm loving this little console and even when I get the Series X I'll keep this for my retro games collection and indie games

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

I have the Series S and think it's pretty great, it's certainly a big upgrade over the PS4 in terms of it's capabilities. OG Xbox and 360 games look and play great on it, much better then original hardware with the only real downside is being stuck with One S versions of games, then again some of them are now getting 60fps updates. As for next gen games, I played AC Valhalla at 60fps, The Medium looks good and Hitman 3 looks amazing on it and runs at 60fps

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.