Forums

Topic: 2015 Fitness Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 87

purexbox

The original poster of this topic has now deleted their account. Because the topic had 50 or more replies it has been adopted by the default site profile.

Edited on by purexbox

purexbox

crippyd

I also have about 70lbs to lose and I will be doing much the same as MegaKillScreen but probably with less exercise as I can't cycle to work as it's about 15 miles each way and not practical or safe!

Mine will mainly be eating less and a more healthy food choice coupled to smaller portions. I think snacking is my main enemy (whilst watching TV and at work), so to try and cut that out.

My wife will also be having a go at dropping a few pounds so we are going to try together.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

HEADESTROYER4
MegaKillScreen

As we rapidly approach 2015 and New Year's resolutions are making the rounds, I think it would be great for us to have a thread for those embarking on fitness/weight loss journeys to support each other, share their progress and any advice or success stories.

Hopefully this will also give us all a place to vent when it goes badly and get support from other people going through the same thing.

You don't have to share your weight or current fitness level if you don't want to, feel free to just post % lost or gained, how you are feeling or whatever you'd like to share

So, I'll start

I have 70lbs to lose

My goal is 1 lb per week or a minimum of 30 lbs by September 2015

I will be attempting this by doing the following:
5 days a week
Jogging - 20 mins
Circuit training - 20 mins
Cycle to work and back (leisurely speed) - 80 mins

1 day per week
Swimming

Food
Eat less high GI foods
Smaller portions
Make smarter choices (replace 50% of rice/pasta/potatoes with veg or salad)

That's pretty much it for me - I am not someone who likes to diet and I want my changes to be maintainable. I imagine these will change with time as I get fitter and lighter as these basics will be easier to do.

Anyone else want in?

That sounds like a healthy regiment, remember though not to burn yourself out. I'll be joining this cause with a goal of 10Lbs body-fat loss and 5lbs muscle gain over six months. I've also a wedding to get fit for but I'm best man, not the bride. Let's keep this thread going and support each other.

Who else can admit they could loose a stone or two? (I don't really know what a stone is, I'm from Canada... everyone is fat here)

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

SuperKMx

(A stone is 14lbs)

Yeah, I'll be doing something similar come January 1st. I'm going to be taking up DDP Yoga, as a lot of folks have said good things about it. Will also be modifying my diet, trying to fix my sleeping pattern, and using Xbox Fitness and copious amounts of walking.

I reckon I could stand to lose 70lbs as well, so count me in.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

Ok folks, 70lbs is an almost unreasonable goal! It's loosing more than a pound/week. Even a loss of 10-20Lbs (a stone and a half) makes a huge difference in your ability to loose more, and appearance. Let's set a goal of "the first 10 pounds" in January-February and see how we all do?

Everyone has the keys down, reduce portions to 300-400 calories, eat more often but eat less, exercise in the way that best suits you. For men, lifting or other weight based exercise, pull-UPS, crunches. For Ladies, light jogging and aerobic exercise is most effective, crunches as well.

Swimming is a full body work-out and can be more tiring than one realizes, SO...

Everyone remember to take AT LEAST one day off between working a particular muscle group, 2 days is recommended... Kinect Fitness/Sports on "off days" is likely a good time as it'll get those sore (they'd better be) muscles moving and reduce l-acid build-ups.

Headz Fitness Tips - Month Zero

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

SuperKMx
HEADESTROYER4

Ok folks, 70lbs is an almost unreasonable goal!

No it isn't, as nobody has specified how long they're doing it for. Over a year, that's 1.3lbs a week. That's nothing, quite frankly. I'm pretty sure I could lose that much by modifying my diet, replacing sweet drinks with soda, cutting out sugar from my coffee, switching to 0% milk, sleeping more regularly than I do, and going for a few walks a week.

70lbs in a month is unreasonable, sure. But 70lbs in a year is entirely doable.

The main reason I say that, is because I've done it before.

Ken Barnes,

Johnbhoy69

As an avid runner please make sure you guys get good footwear. I'd even recommend going to a physio as  I was having tendon pain and the one I visited set up a camera and recorded me running on a treadmill. He then played it back to me in slow motion and it showed that over the years my form had really slipped.  Been correcting my form since and the pain has been greatly reduced.

I'd also invest in a foam roller, great for loosening up tight muscles before and after exercise.

Johnbhoy69

Xbox Gamertag: Johnbhoy69

HEADESTROYER4

I did say almost it's do-able, a loss of that amount, but takes serious changes across the board. If we all shoot for a 10 lbs loss in Jan-Feb that would have us on track for the year. The first ten pounds are the easiest to loose, and easiest to gain back. Realistic, short term goals. And good footwear for anyone jogging or running as Johnboy said.

The last time I did 15K, I crossed the line smoking a cigarette (yucky!), fueled by Cuban rum, and dive-kicked my running buddy. Good times for charity. Do not attempt this at home!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

shingi_70

I don't have any plans to lose weight, but I'm going to start working out and running every day to build more strength and muscle.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Xbox Gamertag: shingi the 70

PeTitosaurus

I'm in. I've got about 20kg/44lbs to lose.
I'll be focusing on cardio and core strength, as I need both. Still trying to lay out my eating/workout regime, but will update as soon as that's settled – I know I need to take control of my sugar addiction. It's really bad right now, and I know I always feel better when only on natural sugars and stay away from unnecessarily sweetened products (that includes light/diet products with aspartam and stevia).

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

Knight

Hey all. I lost 13lbs (175 to 162) last year just to look a little slimmer for my wedding on Dec 21. Just a simple matter of eating a bit better and exercising a bit more. This year I want to focus on weightlifting and growing muscle, along with continuing to improve my eating habits.

One of the best things I did was cut down my intake of soda. I replaced it with water or hot tea.

Knight

Xbox Gamertag: BSG Daffy

tylertreese

I don't really have any weight loss goals since I'm not overweight but I am trying to eat healthier this year. Like most people it wouldn't hurt to drop 10 pounds or so

I might start working out again since I basically stopped about two years ago but there are things I would rather be doing with my time so it isn't much of a priority. Strictly on diet alone I could probably drop the ten pounds pretty easily.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

SuperKMx

I'm going to start on Monday (along with my new work routine) as I'm still quite sick and full of cold/flu.

Ken Barnes,

crippyd

I'm going to start Monday when I go back to work. I'll need to have a weigh in so I know where I'm starting from.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Vincent294

I weighed myself and jogged a bit today. I'm not as heavy as I seemed to be. Here's to health!

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

tylertreese

Weighed myself today for the first time in probably a year. Gained about 8 pounds since the end of 2013. So I'll try to burn that off by the end of the month and just sustain it from there. Shouldn't be very difficult since I basically spent the last year doing no exercise and eating whatever I wanted (which translates to a copious amount of pizza)

Edited on by tylertreese

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Red620Ti

As I mentioned in the other thread, I've signed up for a half marathon in September. So basically I have to go from no running at all to running 13 miles in 9 months! :0

According to my doctor, I need to lose 60 KG, but theres way in the world thats going to happen, as BMI is basically bollocks!

Going to keep up my going to the gym, start running and improve my diet....And I'll see where my weight ends up, I don't have a set goal except to be a lot fitter!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

Knight

Have you guys ever been to NerdFitness.com? Lots of great articles, a nice blend of gaming and fitness.

Knight

Xbox Gamertag: BSG Daffy

SuperKMx

Knight wrote:

Have you guys ever been to NerdFitness.com? Lots of great articles, a nice blend of gaming and fitness.

Can't say I'd heard of it, but I'll check it out! Thanks for the heads-up

Ken Barnes,

HEADESTROYER4

I'm fatter than I thought, from my normal of 155 (lean) when joining the pX team, I've ballooned to 175!

Day One: 174.7Lbs, 6 foot even.

Plan: Most of this is body fat, I've really slacked off on my regimented diet/work out.

Pull-UPS - 3x/week in four sets of ten.

Crunches - 3x/week offsetting the pull-UPS

Weights - Curls, triceps, and benching every 3rd day.

The human brain needs about 2G/hour of glucose to properly function, going back to shakes, wraps, veggie and elimination of sugar overall.

Let's DO THIS!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.