Forums

Topic: 09/09/15 Patch Notes

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

DesiccantOwl

So @blacksilver83 noted that the recent patch was a beast weighing in at a hefty 17GB. So what do you get for all that small change? Well, not small change if that's what your thinking. I have pulled this straight from Bungie as it's size is almost comical and I just had to...for...you know...reasons. SCIENCE!

EDIT I posted the full article but the formatting made it impossible to read. See Bungie's website for full details.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13474

Interesting updates:

1. Weapons are now capped to 170 not 365 (PVE has been scaled appropriately)
2. Light is now calculated from attack and defence stats of armor, weapons, ghost shell, class items etc
3. Though no longer influencing level, Light now affects your health and ability damage directly and your weapon damage indirectly
4. Good news for me! Golden Gun now has a damage output of 360 per shot (up from 350)
5. Sad news for me! Hand Cannons now have a falloff limit meaning I can't get impossible headshots from the other side of the map In fact, Hand Cannons accuracy and mag siz has been nerfed wholesale. Might make the crucibubble more forgiving with Thorn but for PVE it means you will have to close the distance to be as effective.
6. Speaking of Thorn it's damage has been dropped by 1/3 for both PVP and PVE but it's poison stacks over 5x
7. Jellyhorn Wolfpack Rounds are now more like Wolf(FunSize)pack Rounds with a damage nerf of 1/3
8. Icebreaker now takes 7 seconds to recharge per shot i.e. full clip takes 42 seconds (previously 30 seconds)

Enough lamenting - let's get to the fun stuff:

1. All Year 1 activities now run into a quest system which doens't require The Taken King
2. These activites will net you experience and rep
3. Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will no longer exist (i.e. no more Petra bounties, similar to what happend for Eris and the Sword Bearers)
4. Strike rep and loot bounses stack to encourage playing more than one strike in a playlist
5. This one sucks! Burn modifiers against enemies are now 2x damage while players will take the original 3x damage. I.e. Archon Priest will really burn.
6. Elder Cipher bounties now drop from the PoE chest and anyone who had a bounty at any stage of completion gets a token to redeem for their chosen weapon from Variks (free Shotgun, not complaining)
7. Kings Fall Raid unlocks on 18/09/15 pX will be fielding a Fireteam in a bid to be among the first to finish the Raid, we will fail but it should be a giggle so clear your calendars

Quests, Bounties

1. New Quest screen with up to 4 active quests
2. Questlines for Y1 subclasses should incentivise finishing up leftover lines
3. Eris' bounties are now retired but you can pick up rep via TTK
4. Vault space increase to 72 slots Weapons or Armor and 36 for general
5. Bounties from Xander-99 has new types of bounty
6. Eris' rank no longer capped at 4
7. Petra now has new bounties and will drop a key for completing a new bounty each week
8. Banshee-44 (the gunsmith) now has rep which you can earn by field testing his weapons
9. No more class specific material (bye bye Sapphire Wire!)

Edited on by DesiccantOwl

DesiccantOwl

Xbox Gamertag: DesignateTurian | Twitter:

BAMozzy

Spin Metal is still needed to upgrade gear - I guess you meant Sapphire Wire, Hadrionic Essence or Plasteel Plating??

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Blacksilver83

So there really noting to do any more on destiny unless you pay £40 for the dlc. Love how they take away the patrols from the first two paid dlc.

Blacksilver83

Twitter:

DesiccantOwl

@blacksilver83 not as such. Petra now has new bounties to ramp up her reputation. Just wolves will no longer drop in the wild as Oryx is near

We already knew that the new content would be behind a paywall so it comes as no surprise that apart from bounties the Y1 edition of Destiny will remain unchanged.

Edited on by DesiccantOwl

DesiccantOwl

Xbox Gamertag: DesignateTurian | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.