E3 2016: Forza Horizon 3 Details and Release Date Announced

Posted by Anthony Bacchus

Going down under

Confirming a leak just hours before, open-world racer Forza Horizon 3 was shown for the first time during Microsoft's E3 briefing and it looks like it's taking the series into new and interesting territory.

It is being developed by usual Horizon developer Playground Games and will be set in colourful Australia this time around. It will launch on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC on September 27th and will be a part of the Xbox Play Anywhere program, which essentially allows Xbox and PC players to play together. Four player campaign co-op was demoed on stage too, showing Xbox and PC cross-play.

Forza Horizon 3 features over 350 new cars including the 2017 Lamborghini Centenario, as well as offroad vehicles.

KelticDevil

KelticDevil said:

This demo was outstanding. I have yet to play any Forza Horizon game, but this made me want to go get the original Horizon on 360 like right now.

ChopperCampbell

ChopperCampbell said:

@KelticDevil both 1 & 2 are well worth a purchase. Haven't played very much of the original but it still holds up very well, and the American Mid-West setting is nice. Two is also great and the French/Italian setting is equally fun.

KelticDevil

KelticDevil said:

@ChopperCampbell

I am not a huge racing game guy, but I do like Forza Motorsport. I'm not a "gear head" or into cars that much, & Turn 10 does an amazing job with those games.

But, I don't think I can do 2 racing franchises. Which do you think is better, if you had to choose? Motorsport or Horizon?

ChopperCampbell

ChopperCampbell said:

@KelticDevil I'm similar to yourself. I've played Forza Motorsport 2-5 and enjoyed them enough, but feel that they are just too serious for me.
For me the Horizon games at the virtual equivalent of jumping in the car and tearing around at speed, with the windows down and music blaring.
Horizon wins hands down for me every time.

Forza Horizon 2 was one of the main reasons I bought an Xbox One and it didn't disappoint. Day 1 buy.

@KelticDevil
Forced to choose I'd go with Horizon. Motorsport is awesome as well though.

Captain_Chao5

Captain_Chao5 said:

I've played Forza Motorsport 3,4 and 5 plus Horizon 1 and 2. I have to admit Horizon is much more fun to play than motorsport. It's interesting to see the off road stuff (that was DLC in Horizon 2) is in the trailer. Must have been popular! I'll probably add this to my wish list for Xmas unless I'm stuck for a game to play around Sept.