The Last of Us Remastered Holds UK Top Spot For Third Week

Ain't no stopping Ellie and Joel

Naughty Dog's outstanding The Last of Us: Remastered has held on at the top of the UK All Formats Sales Chart for a third week, in the face of...well...no competition at all.

Ellie and Joel's romp through an ever more increasingly zombiefied America lost some 40% in sales when compared to the previous week, but still stands firm at the top due to a lack of new releases. Ubisoft's Watch Dogs holds on in second after losing 22% of week-on-week sales, and Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition climbs to #3 after a 1% increase.

The Xbox One edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been heavily discounted and celebrates a 7% gain, climbing to #4.

Risen 3: Titan Lords is the only new entry in the chart this week, debuting outside the top 10, at #12. We're expecting Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition to break into the hot ten next week, and from then on in it'll be all change as gaming's silly season gets started.

UK Official All Formats Chart

1. 1 The Last of Us: Remastered (Sony)
  2. 2 Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
  3. 5 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
  4. 8 Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
  5. 7 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)
  6. 6 The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros.)
  7. 7 FIFA 14 (EA Sports)
  8. 4 Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
  9. 9 Battlefield 4 (EA Games)
  10. RE Titanfall (EA Games)

Sponsored links by Taboola

I don't know what this speaks more to... the high quality (and it is very, very high quality) of TLoU or the fact that this gen has gotten off to a seriously slow start.

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@Gamer83 It isn't to do with the generations - it's more to do with the fact that we're in the traditional incredibly quiet summer period before everything goes nuts. :)

@SuperKMx

Sept. needs to hurry up already. I want Forza Horizon 2 yesterday and I pre-ordered that Killer Instinct Combobreaker edition from Gamestop which I also think is Sept. Madden 15, provided it's good, should be enough to tide me over from the end of this month until those two hit and then of course Sunset Overdrive in October and Halo in November... Yeah, this fall will be crazy, don't know how I'll keep up and I'm just talking about the Xbox One purchases I plan to make. There's also Games with Gold and I have some PS4 games to get as well.

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@Gamer83 I know what you mean...I've got a laundry list of stuff I want to play - all of it comes out before Christmas! :)

@SuperKMx

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure where I'll find the time. I'll make it because I always do, but this year seems a lot more crazy than the last few. I felt like in 2013, the releases were spread enough over the whole year that it wasn't too hard to make time. This year it seems like all the big stuff hits at once.

EternalDragonX

EternalDragonX said:

This game is fantastic and at 60fps makes movemenr even better. But it was definitely a quick cash grab by sony because of a crap library thus far.