Project CARS, Tomb Raider Preorders Increase After Gamescom

Posted by Justin R.R Gieni

Rise of the who?

Amazon UK recently divulged the effects of last weeks Gamescom trade show held in Germany, with regards to preorders across all platforms, and the resulting news may come as a surprise. It seems that the discovery that Rise Of The Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive made the biggest splash among Xbox gamers, with a 30% or so gain in pre-ordering over the weeks preceding Gamescom. Project CARS made the biggest gain overall though, with preorders increasing by some 42.53% when averaged across all formats.

Considerable gains were also noted with Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break up by nearly 11%, quite possibly due to the awe-inspiring trailer and in-game footage we saw during Microsoft’s press conference. Assassins Creed: Unity and Far Cry 4 both showed a healthy 9+% increase in pre-orders. The top ten increases are as follows:-

• Project CARS (Multi) - 42.53%
  • Rise of The Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 30.35%
  • Bloodborne (PS4) - 16.08%
  • Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - 11.77%
  • Quantum Break (Xbox One) - 10.77%
  • Far Cry 4 (Multi) - 9.54%
  • Assassin's Creed Unity (Multi) - 9.44%
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Multi) - 9.03%
  • Battlefield: Hardline (Multi) - 8.81%
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS) - 7.56%

Which titles excited you the most at Gamescom?

Are these three games on your “must buy” list?

[via mcvuk.com]

Related Games

Emanouel

Emanouel said:

The tomb raider sequel is on the top of my list for 2015 releases.

I usually pre order my games from future shop during e3 week as they have a promo . Pre order 3 games get $20 off each, and there's no limit so you can pre order as many games as needed. This helps with the increased prices on games lately.

Generik

Generik said:

@Emanouel I'm not familiar with Future Shop.. appears to be Canadian though? That sounds like a great deal if you can basically get 3 games for the price of 2 by pre-ordering. I'd certainly jump all over that!

HEADESTROYER4Staff

HEADESTROYER4 said:

@Generik
Future Shop is indeed Canadian, and they hold some insane promo's from time to time. "Trade on ANY game (I chose Crackdown and Sneak King) for next-gen AC: Black Flag, Cod: Ghosts or Battlefield:4"

Did you take advantage of that one @Emanouel

Emanouel

Emanouel said:

@Generik, Futureshop is a Canadian company thats owned by best buy, so they might have the sale as well in the states.

@HEADESTROYER4, that was a crazy one time flash sale. the store was packed by so many people. Those burger kings game came in really handy. lol
I ended up with AC4, but i didn't like that game. lol

HEADESTROYER4Staff

HEADESTROYER4 said:

@Emanouel
Darn tooting' those BK games came in handy!

I lined up three times and at my local, they also made the mistake of providing valid receipts... so... without a hassle I returned one AC and two COD's for an awesome gift card, thanks Burger King! :D

I really do enjoy the open waters and pirate theme of AC4! It's mostly the AC content that keeps me from finishing it!

Emanouel

Emanouel said:

@Emanouel, lol those cheesy cross gen burger games. they worked on xbox original and 360. great concept then.

wow you actually got 3 of them..

i might re try AC4 in the future, but Dead Rising 3 has set a new standard for open world games for me now. I don't even know if ill enjoy GTA 5.

Thanks cool about Crimson Dragon, I'm looking for people to play in Diablo 3, but the server issues right now prevent it

HEADESTROYER4Staff

HEADESTROYER4 said:

@Emanouel
Diablo isn't quite my cup of tea but the gfx look great! I noticed quite a few readers in WGAYPTW this week are playing though, call upon our legion! Server issues and Diablo 3 seem to go hand in hand :/

Emanouel

Emanouel said:

@HEADESTROYER4 , thats cool. what games are you more into?

Ill check out the WGAYPTW and see who else is playing D3. hopefully they fix the issues soon

HEADESTROYER4Staff

HEADESTROYER4 said:

@Emanouel
ATM Titanfall is pacifying my true love for Halo, beyond that, throw a genre at me and I'll have a favorite game within it, and, ten reasons why lol (please don't actually throw genres at me, throwing things at people is not cool!)
;)

Emanouel

Emanouel said:

@Emanouel,

i haven't played titan fall, I'm more into co-op shooters (borderlands) / single player shooters. ill give it a try later on, the next shooter I'm really looking forward to is Metro Redux. I never got into those games, but after hearing all the good things about the games and that each game is 20+ hours long for the campaign. Im sold on that next.

lol at throwing things (genres) at people...

HEADESTROYER4Staff

HEADESTROYER4 said:

@Emanouel
I actually haven't played the Metro titles either and have loved Fallout since Wasteland days so you may have just turned my eye towards Redux!

Since I don't remember being pelted in my sleep by genres I feel your question deserves a better answer, also, I am the new guy here so this should be said at least once... hmm hrrrmmm

Halo, everything Halo, since the day CE released. Now we can move on, new concepts in gaming always excite me as do new presentational methods and stylisations. I love a good colourful shooter yet military twitch shoots aren't quite for me, strategy and teamwork make the difference. RPG/Adventure games and Platformers with a whimsical feel or an engrossing environment. RTS and TBS. Anything with solid storytelling. Anything wacky and out of this world that I can laugh and enjoy with others!...