Project CARS, Tomb Raider Preorders Increase After Gamescom
Posted by Justin R.R Gieni
Rise of the who?
Amazon UK recently divulged the effects of last weeks Gamescom trade show held in Germany, with regards to preorders across all platforms, and the resulting news may come as a surprise. It seems that the discovery that Rise Of The Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive made the biggest splash among Xbox gamers, with a 30% or so gain in pre-ordering over the weeks preceding Gamescom. Project CARS made the biggest gain overall though, with preorders increasing by some 42.53% when averaged across all formats.
Considerable gains were also noted with Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break up by nearly 11%, quite possibly due to the awe-inspiring trailer and in-game footage we saw during Microsoft’s press conference. Assassins Creed: Unity and Far Cry 4 both showed a healthy 9+% increase in pre-orders. The top ten increases are as follows:-
- Project CARS (Multi) - 42.53%
- Rise of The Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 30.35%
- Bloodborne (PS4) - 16.08%
- Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - 11.77%
- Quantum Break (Xbox One) - 10.77%
- Far Cry 4 (Multi) - 9.54%
- Assassin's Creed Unity (Multi) - 9.44%
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Multi) - 9.03%
- Battlefield: Hardline (Multi) - 8.81%
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS) - 7.56%
Which titles excited you the most at Gamescom?
Are these three games on your “must buy” list?