Games With Gold for August Have Been Announced

Posted by Anthony Bacchus

Getting your money's worth

Microsoft has announced what games Xbox Live Gold members will receive for free when Games With Gold gets refreshed next month.

Xbox One owners can snag Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut from August 1st to August 31st. Crimson Dragon — a spiritual successor to the classic rail-shooter, Panzer Dragoon — launched alongside the Xbox One to decent reviews. Strike Suit Zero is an intense space shooter and was the first indie game to grace the Xbox One when it came out in April.

Over on Xbox 360, Motocross Madness will be available from August 1st to August 15th while Dishonored can be yours from August 16th to August 31st.

These next batch of games offer up some nice variety and gamers will surely find something to attach to here. If you're running low on hard drive space, remember that it's much easier to flag these games on Xbox.com so they can be downloaded on your console at a later time.

While on the topic of Games With Gold, make sure to check out our latest feature on how the new program has turned us on to new genres and experiences. Feel free to share your thoughts there too!

[via news.xbox.com]

Sponsored links by Taboola

Related Games

Well, I don't have the space on my hard drive for Dishonored, but I'll be all over Motocross Madness if I haven't already purchased it — I can't even remember! Crimson Dragon will be an instant download. The mixed reviews have kept me from wanting to spend $20 on it, so this promotion is perfect. :)

Sir_JBizzle

Sir_JBizzle said:

@DRL I was pretty much doing fine with my 60GB hard drive all this time until the GwG promotion hit and the subsequent switch to digital. Now I need to get a bigger hard drive, but I dread paying up the wazoo for what space Microsoft offers...

EDIT: Yeah, I'm totally looking forward to Crimson Dragon and Dishonored really, since I missed out on that one.

@JQuest I started with the 20GB hard drive, which surprisingly lasted me a while, but now I have a flash drive and an external hard drive overloaded with games. And you don't have to buy the Xbox branded external storage devices. My larger drive is one that I randomly bought at Best Buy during a big sale. You'll still need to research whether or not whatever model you're looking at is compatible with Xbox 360, but I think most of them are these days.

TheScottishDude

TheScottishDude said:

Really impressed this month with GWG on both X1 & 360.
Just gutted i already own Dishonored.
Im the same with my hd it'll not be long untill I need another aswell, gets eating up every month with these titles.

Sir_JBizzle

Sir_JBizzle said:

@DRL Sweet! Thanks for the info! What brand is your hard drive and how large is it? Though I do have a bunch of 32GB flash drives hanging around the house. I should just start putting those to good use.

Sir_JBizzle

Sir_JBizzle said:

@SunnyShores you just plug it in and you're good to go? Is it a USB drive? I thought those only format to 32GB no matter the size. This is my first time really needing something beyond what I already had at least for the XBOX brand. Playstation is a little more straightforward in that regard, so excuse my ignorance in this area. Lol

AnthinatorStaff

Anthinator said:

Purchased a 2TB drive the other day for my Xbox One. Should be good for a long while!

EternalDragonX

EternalDragonX said:

I actually look forward to Crimson Dragon it was one of the reasons I pre ordered an XB1 but reviews swayed me from buying it. No interest in the other game at all.

Generik

Generik said:

Sounds like a good time for me to sell Dishonored to Gamestop. I wish I had known this a couple of days ago. They had a promotion for an additional 50% trade in bonus. I sold my $16 used copy of Dark Souls for $11.50 back to them and of course got it free on Xbox GwG recently.

On Xbox One, both of these games were of interest to me. I almost pulled the trigger on Strike Suit Zero when it came out. Reminded me of the old Wing Commander games that I loved 15 years ago. I'll be snagging that for sure.

I'll be picking up Dishonored on 360 and Crimson Dragon on One, the other two games don't interest me at all.

@Generik I did the same thing with my copy of Dark Souls! lmao

Emanouel

Emanouel said:

@Anthinator which 2Tb drive did you get? is it 7200 speed?

On my 3TB Seagate 7200RPM drive i have only used up 3.5 % lol. doesn't seem like much but i've got around 7 full games on there. Even with the 3 retail EA Access Vault games I have so much space left over.

Has anyone noticed that in the August preview update the settings type looks weird??