Mortal Kombat X Announced

Posted by Wayne Davies

The teasing is over, but who's next?

The teasing is finally over, NetherRealm Studio have finally announced that the next installment of the much loved Mortal Kombat franchise, will be arriving sometime in 2015.

The rumours started last week, with Mortal Kombat Co-Creator Ed Boon tweeting images of posters and cars related to a new version of the game.

Earlier today, Boon confirmed Mortal Kombat X will be the title via Twitter:

Along with the announcement came a very exciting reveal trailer titled "Who's Next?", which doesn't hold back and demonstrated that Mortal Kombat looks to be back in sublime fashion. Platforms have yet to be confirmed, but Amazon UK are listing Xbox One and Xbox 360 as part of the lineup, so we're running with that for the time being.

Are you happy with a new Mortal Kombat on the way? Lets us know in the comments.

Related Games

YES. Followed by more and more YES. I was hoping for a Holiday 2014 release, but I can wait. Mortal Kombat 9 was so insanely good that my expectations are very high for this, so I'm happy to know it's going to be in development for a while.

AnthinatorStaff

Anthinator said:

Such a bad ass trailer too! I liked MK9 a lot even though I wasn't very good at it, but I'm eager to see more from NetherRealm.

I love Mortal Kombat, so yea I definitely cant wait! The trailer for this looks pretty awesome, too.

Generik

Generik said:

Wow that trailer was supreme! I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since the SNES days but this may get me motivated to get back in the genre.

MK 9 was the best fighter last gen, imo, so no doubt this will be a day one purchase for me. Unfortunately it'll probably be a late 2015 release, if it hits in 2015 at all, the way this gen has gone who the f knows. I should be over the moon about this announcement but every game I've been excited about so far just gets pushed back.