Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Slams Onto Xbox One, Xbox 360 on July 2nd
Posted by Anthony Bacchus
You're gonna Juan to play this
Drinkbox Studios has just announced that Xbox players will be able to enjoy Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition on July 2nd on Xbox One and Xbox 360 for $14.99.
This is an expanded version of the original Metroidvania-style PS3/Vita game but will come packaged with DLC and a bunch of improvements that should appease the luchador fan in all of us. Below is a list of new features added:
- Expanded Story – An expanded version of the game that includes new content and all DLC from the original
- New Game Areas – Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss – Face off against the deadly Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, who helps the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities – Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode and dish out scrambled pain with powerful Chicken Bombs. Plus, swap dimensions independently in co-op play using the new Shadow Swap ability.
- New Enemies – Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
To celebrate the release on Xbox (and WiiU, as well), two Guacamelee-themed gamerpics can be downloaded for FREE only on Xbox 360 starting today.
Drinkbox also released their gooey platformer, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack this past Wednesday on XBLA. Make sure you check that one out too!