Far Cry 4 Release Date Announced

Posted by Wayne Davies

Welcome to the Himalayas!

Ubisoft has officially confirmed the release date for the highly anticipated Far Cry 4.

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Kiev, Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

In Far Cry 4 we leave the lush Jungle of Rook Island behind and head to Kyrat, a hostel wild land ruled by a self-appointed king. Much like Far Cry 3, the player will be able to craft their own adventures as they traverse the exotic open world full of life with diverse collection of wildlife, weapons and vehicles to be discovered.

Dan Hay, Executive Producer, said via the Ubisoft blog.

“Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said Hay. “Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

There is a limited edition already available for pre-order which offers a set of 3 missions called "Hurk's Redemption". In the limited edition missions you have to rescue the returning Far Cry 3 character and get to use "A badass harpoon gun" along the way. It was also announced in the blog that anyone who pre-orders Far Cry 4 will receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition.

Are you excited for Far Cry 4? Let us know in the comments.

[via blog.ubi.com]

Related Games

Generik

Generik said:

This reminds me that I need to finish Far Cry 3.. shameful that I haven't already. But definitely excited for this. Loved the direction they took FPS with 3. Ubisoft is quickly becoming my favorite developer.

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

If they don't bring out a neon-ified sub-game like Blood Dragon for it, I shall not be happy. That was a fantastic idea!

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@Generik You really should. It's just...it might not be the greatest game ever made, but the atmosphere is fantastic. Not to say it isn't good fun, of course. Well worth the cash, I'd say. :)

MegaKillScreenStaff

MegaKillScreen said:

Farcry 3 is in my top 10 games of all time! I don't know if there will ever be a villain as great as Vaas, but I'm hoping Ubisoft will give it a good try!

Eep! I need a way to fast forward time!

Can't wait to see what the graphical wizards at Ubisoft have in store for the X1 and PS4 this time. Watch Dogs is a fantastic looking game so I can't wait for some more 792/900p 30 fps goodness.