Gold Members Can "Finish The Fight" For Free This October

Posted by Dave Letcavage

Halo 3 coming to Games With Gold

A while back - some time around E3 if we're remembering correctly - it was being tossed around that Halo 3 would be coming to Games With Gold, and naturally Gold subscribers have been clamoring for it ever since. Well worry not Halo fans, you'll finally be able to "finish the fight" (again?) in just a couple weeks.

Major Nelson today announced that Halo 3 would be free to download for Xbox Live Gold members, starting October 16th and lasting until the end of the month. It will follow the strategy RPG, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, which will be added to the program tomorrow.

Better start planning for Master Chief's arrival by clearing 5.72 GB from your hard drive.

[via majornelson.com]

Still have my disc copy and have played through the campaign a few times but I'll get the download. It's free so why not?

Knux

Knux said:

Never have played Halo 3 before, so I'll be downloading this one for sure. :D

Tasuki

About time. Now I just hope they come through with it and not change their minds like last time.

AnthinatorStaff

Anthinator said:

Anyone hope that Microsoft continues this program into next year? Why would they want to end this in December?

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

i finished the fight years ago, why are the Games on Gold such old games that 90% of xbox owners already have

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@FullbringIchigo I agree that the games are old, but I know a fair few people that have never even played Halo 3. Knux - in this comment thread - is one of them, for example. :)

It's just unlucky that you've already played the game, unforunately!

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@SuperKMx I guess after all I was able to get R6 Vegas which I never played last month, still a few newer games would be nice like from a few years ago