Gamescom 2013: Microsoft Announces Fable Legends for Xbox One

New and exclusive

Microsoft has announced that they'll be bringing Fable Legends to Xbox One.

The game is exclusive to the platform and is in development with Lionhead. 4-player co-op is on offer, and we're told that you can play as either the hero, or the villain. Also, the game is always-online. This is probably the first of many "always-online" titles, in fairness.

The reveal trailer is below.

Game Screenshots

Even if I liked the series, always-online is a deal breaker for me. I think the only games I'd make exceptions for are Halo, Destiny and possibly Forza and GT. I truly hope this doesn't become a trend though.

TheZeeMan

TheZeeMan said:

I think most games will be going this way to ease us into the digital future. As long as the servers and connection are stable, I don't see a big problem with it unless they try charging us monthly fees like the MMOs then that's a big deal. The open world online games seem interesting enough though. I believe The Crew and The Division are going to be like this as well.

I don't play consoles for these experiences though. I mean, if games are going this way, I might as well just update my PC and stick with that, if I even want to continue gaming. Sometimes I like to just sit down by myself and play a single player campaign offline and like not having to worry about being hooked to the internet anytime I want to play a game. I don't know, I don't mind change, but some of these changes are bs to me, an always-on future is definitely in that category.

TheZeeMan

TheZeeMan said:

I would have to agree, there are times when I like to play by myself, I suppose we will see in due time!

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

How is the game always online if you do solo play?

All I know is I want Fable 4 to go back to this proper time period.

TheZeeMan

TheZeeMan said:

If it's setup like Defiance, even though are you online with other people you don't have to do anything with them. There are separate co-op missions and solo missions and you get to choose whatever you want to do. The way it was setup it actually worked fairly well. The only problem I ran into with it was server downtime for updates and maintenance for sometimes hours, that seems to be the kicker with always-online.