Xbox Live Gold Free Games Detailed

Halo 3, Assassin's Creed 2 kick things off.

As we reported during E3, Microsoft is introducing a new offer where Xbox Live Gold members get access to two free retail games per month.

The company has confirmed a few more details this morning, stating that the games will go live on the 1st and 16th of each month. Currently, Fable 3 is free as a bit of a taster for you, but that will make way on the 1st of July for either Halo 3 or Assassin's Creed II. Then on the 16th, the other one of those two titles will go live, replacing the one from the 1st.

Once you've downloaded the titles, they are yours to keep and play as you wish, with no requirement to carry on subscribing to Xbox Live Gold if you no longer wish to.

You can't say fairer than that, really.

Riquerico

Riquerico said:

I really like the fact that the games are not tied to your subscription. However, I wonder if all regions will receive the games.

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@Sony_70 Indeed, although we're hearing that it will continue for all of 2013, so we might get one more month out of them!

I'd say the initial offering is kind of weak but the fact is I'm shocked MS is even doing this. I guess it shows they're kind of listening and trying to improve certain things.

@VincentV

Hope you enjoy it. I think AC 2 is still the best in that series and one of the best from this gen. Probably would've been my game of the year in 2009 had it not been for Uncharted 2.

said:

its all good, but how many people don't or have never had halo 3?

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@VincentV I think AC2 is probably my favourite in the series. Its certainly the only one I kept playing after I completed the initial story. :)

AC 2 had the best story dlc imo, definitely made it worth going back and playing more.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

such a shame i already own all those games :(

still my version of AC2 is on the PS3 and i did platinum it so maybe i should download it on 360 anyway and try to 100% it, it'll give me a reason to play it again

Tasuki

So does anyone know what happend? The free game for July 1st wasn't Halo 3 or AC 2 as reported here. Was there some kind of mix up?