Rumour: New Xbox is Called 'Xbox Infinity'

Posted by Anthony Bacchus

May 21st can't come soon enough

As we get closer and closer to the reveal of the next Xbox, anticipation is quickly rising among the gaming community as to what exactly Microsoft will bring to the next-gen race.

Possibly the most talked about debate surrounding the next Xbox is the name itself. According to the International Business Times and IGN, sources related to development of the new Xbox is claiming that the final name will be Xbox Infinity.

Of course, take all of this information with a grain of salt as nothing — NOTHING — is confirmed until Microsoft says so. However, Xbox Infinity is one of the many rumoured names for the new console that have been circling for quite some time. Other names are the obvious Xbox 720, Durango (which is the early codename) and more recently uncovered, Xbox Fusion.

All shall be revealed on May 21st as these rumours will finally be put to rest.

In the mean time, sound off in the comment section below or the Pure Xbox forums and tell us what you think the name of the next Xbox should be.

[via ibtimes.co.uk, ca.ign.com]

Sponsored links by Taboola

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

I actually like the name Xbox Infinity, if I'm honest. If it ends up being real, I have a feeling British Telecom will have something to say about it, given that they're the biggest broadband provider in the UK, and their high-speed fibre broadband product is called (and trademarked as) BT Infinity....but there you go :)

said:

Infinity is beyond crap...it sounds like something out of an 80's kids flick. Its a mouthful and cant be shortened to anything.

My vote would be just Xbox....no frills, everyone knows what it is.

Unfortunately Microsoft seem to be getting a lot of things wrong these days...windows 8 anyone?

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@szchifo I'm going to stick my neck out, and say "What's wrong with Windows 8?" :) Mainly because I installed it on day one and I've not had a single problem with it. First O/S I've had that hasn't crashed once!

TasukiStaff

I have to agree in that I dont like Windows 8 either. Its great for like a tablet or a smartphone basically anything with a touch screen but on a Desktop PC like I have I just found Windows 7 easier to navigate and alot cleaner.

As for the Xbox name getting back on topic Infinity doesn't sound to bad but I still like Fusion. I guess we will just have to wait 11 more days to find out.

Infinity doesn't sound bad but where do you go after that? I prefer Fusion although to be completely honest I wasn't at all against a brand re-launch and just calling it Xbox.

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@VincentV I haven't had a problem with it, if I'm honest. My main PC is running it and I found that once I got used to it, I can do things a heck of a lot quicker than I used to :)

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

@SuperKMx I tried it in a store, & I use Windows 7. Not sure if you used Vista or an older version of Windows before, or if we're different, but I found Windows 8 to be a bit more cumbersome than 7. If your PC has a touchscreen, it would be really fast though.

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

@VincentV I think it's just a difference of opinion to be fair. I used WIndows 7 for a year or so before Windows 8, and I don't have a touchscreen. I can see why some would find it cumbersome though, I have to say - I think I just forced myself to get used to it as I kind of had to :)