Rumour: New Xbox Dashboard to Hit Beta in June

Cross-console messaging and more.

According to The Verge, the next version of the Xbox 360's dashboard will enter beta testing in late June or early July, as preperations for the next Xbox console launch will be hotting up.

The new user interface will feature a refreshed look, and will feature smaller "Live Tiles" a little more like the ones that are available as a part of Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system. Interestingly, the report suggests that achievements, messaging, and beacons will be cross-console compatible, meaning that you'll be able to chat to your Xbox 360-owning friends from your new next-generation machine.

We'll expect to see some sort of preview of the next generation machine's dashboard on Tuesday at the Xbox Reveal event, but the images that you see there are likely to change before the machine launches (supposedly) later this year.

[via theverge.com]

Tasuki

I wish they would stop updating it so often. It just seems to me like they updated it. I finally get use to it and they update it.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

I hate the dashboard the way it is now. It should go back to the one from 2010.

VincentV

VincentV said:

@Tasuki I just got mine right after the last dashboard, so I can't relate. I like this one, minus those stupid ads (rarely am I helped by one, except for one for a demo of a game I was interested in). Hopefully it has less ads, is easier to use, etc.

AnthinatorStaff

Anthinator said:

UI is a big thing for me. I don't anticipate that it will look all that much different from what it is now as it follows Microsoft's Windows 8 motif. I despise the ads and wish there was a way to remove them though.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

I like the newer dashboards and I don't mind the apps but wish gold members didn't see them.