Bioshock Infinite Takes Chart Gold
Posted by Ken Barnes
Vending Machines Running Empty
Bioshock Infinite was the best-selling videogame in the UK last week, after selling more copies than either of the first two games in the series did in their first week.
2k's title wasn't able to match Tomb Raider's week one performance though, and that game is still putting up a good fight, sitting in this week's runner-up spot after price promotions boosted sales of the game by some 45% week-on-week.
Elsewhere, 3DS-exclusive Luigi's Mansion 2 lands at number 5 for Nintendo, some 11 years after the original Gamecube title hit the chart. Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel shoots its way into the number 6 spot, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 chips in to number 8, and Wii U-exclusive Lego City Undercover can only manage to show up in 12th position. Sony's new Sly Cooper title - Thieves in Time - only managed to hit the number 31 spot this week, although in such a strong release week, that's to be expected. We assume it'll climb next week.
Next week promises to give us a bit of a breather, with the retail edition of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge being the onlynew 360 title to head to retail on Friday.
UK All Formats Chart
- NE Bioshock Infinite (2k)
- 2 Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 1 Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
- 4 FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- NE Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
- NE Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (EA)
- 10 Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- NE Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (EA Sports)
- 13 Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 12 Crysis 3 (EA)
- 9 Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- NE Lego City Undercover (Nintendo)
- 5 Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
- 3 The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Activision)
- 14 Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 8 SimCity ( EA)
- 15 Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- RE Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 20 Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros.)
- 6 God of War: Ascension (Sony)