Forums

Topic: Game Bargains

Posts 181 to 200 of 207

BAMozzy

Sunset Overdrive is £8.85 at Base

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Falco1863

Zombi is on Deals with Gold for $10.00; is it worth it? It looked interesting, and I've tried to watch some people play it on Twitch, but I can't stand listening to the player commentary, so I gave up on that.

"The unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end.”
― Alan Wake quoting Stephen King

Xbox Gamertag: Falco1863

stylon

@Captain_Chao5: So £15 per game... not bad at all. You tempted to get them and play through them a second time at all?

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

Captain_Chao5

@stylon: I'm on the fence. I've still got City and a 360 I could play it on, but IF the remake is a significant improvement I could be tempted. There's a comparison video on YouTube that shows some scenes are much better, but others are a bit iffy.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

SuperKMx

Just spied a new deal...Argos are doing the Lunar White Xbox One controller with Halo 5 bundled for free, so it's £49.99 all in!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@Captain_Chao5: I saw that video too. It looks like most of the side by side clips are labelled the wrong way round - I prefer the look of the original and appears to have more detail. The ones that are generally full screen though look like they have been labelled correctly. I still have both games on both my PS3 and XB360 - inc the GotY version of City so could easily replay if the visuals aren't that impressive. I wasn't bothered by Asylums challenge modes so not bothered by the DLC I missed out on. Both games though were amongst my favourites last gen though. Still kind of waiting for new IP's this gen that had the impact of games like Asylum, BioShock, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Gears of War etc had on last gen...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Red620Ti

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, £2.24 in the back compat sale! Check your dashboard...

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

@Red620Ti: Thx for that one bud. Purchased. EDIT. After about 25 attempts on 2 xbox ones, a pc, xbox and ipad, finally went through. Shouldve been free for persistence!

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Captain_Chao5

@Red620Ti: I picked that up. For just over £2 its a steal. I was a bit annoyed though as I went via the website to buy it. I didn't realise MS credit is not used unless you buy through your console. It charged £2.24 to my credit card when I have MS credit due to expire soon (from rewards). Grrr

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

sorethumbed

Battleborn £19.99 in Sainsburys. $59.99 in the store. They really wonder why people balked at a digital only future? Of course people MAY say that that isn't Microsoft's fault as Publishers set the prices. True, but most pubs take costs into account when setting prices. My bet, Microsoft must be charging a fortune to allow people to use its store. The whole digital future would be a little more inviting if there was actually some competition in the marketplace.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Vincent294

@Tasuki: l think I'm good after the Steam sale, but this is great for anyone who still has cash to burn. I'm waiting for Deus Ex, though Forza, The Witcher 3, and Doom look good.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

stylon

@Vincent294: I've only just got back into PC gaming after a 10 year break so the steam sale was both a revelation and a very, very expensive event for me Was like a little kid in a sweet store, I'll have this and this and that oh and that cos it's cheap. Did that every day Don't even get me started on the trading cards and badge malarky!

As for the Xbox sale I'm really hoping that the Bioshock trilogy finally make it onto the BC list and appear on sale along with Red Dead and maybe a discount on Van Helsing 2 as I loved the first...

stylon

crippyd

There are some great games in the sale. Saints Row 4 and Gat Out of Hell pack is £6. is that a good buy for someone who hasn't played any of the Saints games before? I think I'll be getting Doom as that looks brilliant.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: I absolutely loved SR4 - it's like GTA 5 mixed with Crackdown, would totally recommend that. Didn't enjoy the Gat Out of Hell DLC so much but don't let that put you off the main course.

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Looks like I'm spending £40 on games that I haven't got the time to play! I've got 4 on 360, would it be worth it for the £6 to get the One version?

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: If you've already got 4 on the 360 then you needen't bother with the tarted up version as it's Backward Compatible

stylon

crippyd

@stylon I did see that. Ah well, Doom is now mine so I'll give that a go tonight when I get home. Saved £6 by not getting Saints Row. TBH I've got so many games I can't remember what's what anymore!

crippyd

Vincent294

@crippyd: You probably didn't miss out on much if the PC port is any indicator. It doesn't look much better than SR3 on my 360, as the port's poorly optimized.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.