Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 421 to 440 of 453

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi I don't remember, my co op buddy told me to follow him and he lead me straight to it on a body.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi its on the bridge where you fight the stray demon, go past him and its on a body behind him. You need to kill Havel first in the dragon shrine.

crippyd

stylon

@sorethumbed: With hindsight I did indeed. She was just a harmless woman huddled on the floor and the option to 'Talk' came up... It was a kind of Dr Pepper moment LOL.

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon:No such thing as harmless in Souls You'll know better next time. Your lack of faith in your spec means you are using more estus than you need to. Faith determines how much health you get back when you glug an estus flask. It might be worth banging a few points into it you know.
Im on the home strait now, 3 runthroughs complete and just one pyromancy to collect (moundmakers reward) for 100%. Its a mean mean droprate though. Dunno if I actually want to spend 2 days killing the same two guys in the catacombs. Ive respecced to 99 luck, got Covetous gold +2, got my munchie hat on and a fully upgraded sages rapier (in other words as good as iti gets) and the rate is still abysmal.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

stylon

@sorethumbed: I had no idea faith was linked to estus efficiency so I've not put a single point into it!

You must have put some serious time into it by now if you've completed it 3 times!!! I've only just beat Champion Gundyr (and the 2 dragons outside Lothric Castle). Seems to be boss after boss after boss right now lol. My timer is on about 75 hours...

Does everything reset on a new game plus? By that I mean do previously opened gates and shortcuts close or do they stay open so you can get through the game quicker? Do you get to keep all your armour and weapons etc?

Edited on by stylon

stylon

crippyd

@stylon I didn't know that either! Where did you come across this info? On the NG+ you keep all your weapons, armour etc but I think the shortcuts close.

crippyd

sorethumbed

Mm Maybe it doesnt in this one. Faith affects healng but maybe not estus.
Ill test it later, just need a couple of tongues for respecs.
All key items (trsnsposing vessel, tomes, keys etc) are lost on ng and all shortcuts closed.
Armor and covenant rep are kept.
As to time spent, it gets faster, you know where everything is so you just bomb through. For shortcuts, just turn on spook and hidden body and run through. Most of my game time has been spent farming rep items, Im on the last of these now.

Edited on by sorethumbed

stylon

I did find out one new thing yesterday... probably old news to you seasoned players but it was a revelation for me. You can throw Undead Hunter Charms at mimic chests and they fall asleep!!! Once asleep you can get their loot safely and even murder them whilst they're sleeping if you feel like it. Wish I'd known that a lot sooner... I died quite a few times early on from mimic encounters and got to the point where I was terrified to go near them. Not any more

stylon

stylon

@sorethumbed: "spook and hidden body"... you mean there is a way I can become invisible and you only just mention it now!!!

stylon

crippyd

@stylon AH, so that's what my co op buddy keeps doing!! I'll see if I've got some of them and test it out. BTW If you go to Firelink and go out the window at the top to go to the tower, check the tree just outside the door and you'll get an item that is great for killing invaders when you use it.
There's a stick that you get that can transform you into something else so you can hide and surprise enemies.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

sorethumbed

I mentioned putting mimics to sleep in an earlier post.
Yes - hidden body makes you invisible and spook masks the sound of your feet (and prevents fall damage). Lasts longer with the correct items equipped. Im using it right now to farm shackles off those bloody ninja dual weilding red eyed skeletons in the catacombs.

stylon

@sorethumbed: Must have missed that post about the mimics, still at least I know now. Will definitely look into those stealth spells. Think the worst regular enemies for me are the Pontiff Knights... can easily wipe me out if I time my dodges wrong. Just checked on the smartglass app and you've put in a staggering 315 hours on this game... or practically 2 weeks straight, night and day.

@crippyd: Funnily enough I picked up that seed last night from under the tree. I'd gone back to the crows so I could trade for some twinkling titanite and stumbled across it.

stylon

sorethumbed

Done 100%. Now for a funrun. No shields, staff, starting armor and knife. See how far I can get. I'll let you know if I get past the first boss. For those who don't know, you can fire spells way past their lock distance with a set of binoculars to get the approximate aim.

Sods have nerfed the binoculars. They dont work like they did in 1 or 2. This is going to be a fun run

Edited on by sorethumbed

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@sorethumbed: does the ring acheevo include getting NG+ rings too, or just the default ones? And is that pyromancy the only spell you have to farm mp items for?

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

sorethumbed

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi:
To get the. Rings achievement you can collect all rings in playthrough 3 (theyre in different locations for the +1 +2 and the one +3 ring).
Basically to get all sorceries, miracles and rings you need to max all of the covenants and beat the Nameless king in playthrough 3 as one of the rings is behind him. To get the rep items, they are all farmable offline (albeit its a pain). I respecced to 99 luck, used the +2 gold ring, a maxed Crystal Sage's rapier, Mimic headpiece and a rusted coin on every loop and it still took ages. The worst being Vertebrae Shackles from those two redeyed ninja shotel wielders in the catacombs. The droprate there was abysmal.

Red620Ti

I'm doing the OG Dark Souls now. Ornstein and Smough can kiss my grits.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

I remember them being a bit of a challenge! It's smash the skinny guy first, I believe?

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: I always did it the other way round I think. It was always a bi..ch though. I think a few of the DS3 fights are tougher though. Im on a mage runthrough. Believe me, they really dont want you to play as a sorcerer. The enemies are faster this time round and can close on you before you get a cast off (remeber no motion whilst casting). Combined with FP (remember for other classes FP is for specials, for a sorcerer, no FP means no weapons at all!). It is WAAAYYYY tougher as a caster. Even if you are a caster, some bosses require melee only kills (greatwood etc). Pyro is the business but caster is awful.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.