Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 341 to 360 of 453

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@stylon: the game becomes drastically easier in NG+, you have a pimped out Estus, maxed armor/weapons, and know where most everything is and how to beat bosses

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

holchasaur

stylon wrote:

I finished the Cathedral of the Deep section a couple of nights ago and don't remember getting any help off him at all unless I'm missing something? Getting across the roof beams to Rosarias bedroom was a pain in the arse too, kept getting knocked off by the knights until I got lucky and the one in the middle fell off himself and I just legged it...

There's an area on one of the cathedral's lowest rooftops where there's a ton of those zombies wandering around. There's also a really quick, aggressive enemy on the stairs nearby. If you walk out on that rooftop right before the stairs, the big friendly giant starts throwing spears at the enemies. I think there's an Estus Shard out there, but I'm not 100% confident saying that.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@DRL: yeah there's definitely an estus or bone shard out there somewhere. He also helps you fight a giant crab in Farron Keep for some reason, the crab drops a ring I think

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

crippyd

@stylon @sorethumbed @DRL I've got up on the Firelink roof by using the tree, and had a wander round, found a false wall and a drop down but didn't go down as I didn't know where it went. Can I get right up on the roof to knock the ladder down and get in to the tower?

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: You can't get on the very top of the roof no... I've since spent the 20K souls and got the key... wasn't really worth it. The best stuff is available using the tree shortcut! Only thing I remember being worthwhile was some twinkling titanite off a lizard you can reach by jumping off the far side of the roof. You do get a Firelink soul which allows you to get 'dark sigils' removed dunno what that is all about lol.

Drop down into that room you found... there's some good loot in there and it just leads back inside the shrine.

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon Thanks for the advice. Oh, that guy with the sword at the gate, he was a bit of a nutter! Thought he was going to hand me my arse on a plate so I ran away and he fell of the side and died Rested, went back and the stuff was just waiting for me

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: You got lucky there... he was pretty tough to beat! If you ever get the key to the keep on the right, that locked gate behind the sword nutter is where you will pop out (if you survive the drop to bottom).

@DRL: Alas my giant lives no more, but I am making good use of his ring to improve my Longbow shots

Beat the Old Demon King last night and was feeling pretty chuffed with myself. Entered next location, Ithryl I think it was called... wandering along the bridge minding my own business admiring the beautiful scenery... and then out of nowhere this massive alligator thing stomped down the bridge and ripped me to pieces! It literally spawned from nowhere! That was the end of my Dark Souls adventure last night as I just quit after that cheap kill

Edited on by stylon

stylon

Red620Ti

Lol, if you don't kill him there he will respawn later and jump on your head as you stroll down a river...

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon

@Red620Ti: Oh I'll be making crocskin boots out of him tonight for sure!

stylon

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Get naked and do a bounce jump off the tree onto the roof, otherwise spend 20k which nets you the key. The item at the top is worth it if:
You have had your 'power drawn out' and want the good ending. Otherwise, jump, jump,jump.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Red620Ti

I'm going for the evil ending this time, which is a shame as I'm naturally a good guy... Just wrecked the Deacons again, so moving on!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

@stylon: They go down quite quickly to Pyromancy. Just wait till you meet two of them!

sorethumbed

I just finished playthrough 1 and have started NG. Gave up on the Nameless King and his flying sidekick. Got the dragon down enough times (weak to dark magic) but not enough left in the tank for part two. No summons around either. On NG I'm going to respec for that fight as a fat man with a biga..d sword.

stylon

@sorethumbed: my pyromancy is too underpowered to do much harm to him but did kill him with my sword after a few goes. Noticed you one-shotting enemies in one of your clips with pyromancy... Think I need to spend some time upgrading mine!

Edited on by stylon

stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon: It's different in this game, scales off of faith and intelligence so you can build either (or IDEALLY 40/40 both) as 40 is generally a stat softcap in Souls games. My favourite playstyle in two was to run the game as a melee/archer build then respec to a faith build towards endgame. I've done the same this time but I love pyro,
I'm running a dark sword +10 with lightning infusion (S faith scaling) and a +10'pyro glove. In NG Gundyr went down without using any Estus FP flasks (last hit was with sword) and no damage taken so I guess he's weak to dark magic. In two I used to run round, get a crew following then drop the pyro hammer.

Edited on by sorethumbed

crippyd

@sorethumbed We've just killed the wyvern that you have to run round the battlements and jump on his head.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: OK so imagine youd taken off all your armor, thrown away your weapons and fought everything along the way with your hands. Thats what the difficulty of the next boss in this area felt like to me. Co-op should be ok if one is a caster/pyro and one a killer (The dragon is definitely weak to Dark Pyro - when you can land a shot). By the time I got to the second phase numerous times, I just had nothing left. Solo, I just couldnt do it. It is possible, Ive watched the videos but its beyond my skill level. So ring that bell and run like hell. Bring a big weapon that overheads if you can, otherwise hits are a rarity.

Edited on by sorethumbed

crippyd

@sorethumbed sounds like a right good time! The guy I play co op with has already solo'd the game and he is some kind of Dark Souls ninja. I usually just run around distracting the enemies while he kicks seven bells of snot out of them!

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Thatll do it. Dont run just rolllllll. If you run, youre dead, simple as.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.