Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 141 to 160 of 453

crippyd

@stylon Is that where you go across the rooftops and there's the guy with the black stuff like the dude you get the Firelink fire from?

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: It is the rooftops yes although I'm not sure what you mean by black stuff lol

Edited on by stylon

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon The first guy you fight in the cemetery to get the sword to light the Firelink bonfire has the monster that comes out his back, its like oil or something on his back before it turns into a monster, there is a guy on the rooftops that has the same stuff and does the same thing if you don't kill him quick. There is about 6 guys praying around him that don't attack you, but if you killed them all fast you wouldn't have seen it.

crippyd

stylon

Ah think I know where you mean now - think that is past where the dragon was but maybe you took a different route and it didn't spawn?

stylon

crippyd

I think I'll have to start a new game and follow the walkthrough as I think I'm missing quite a lot and also to make up for letting the guy die against the fire demon.

crippyd

Red620Ti

I did that this morning to try and see if the Dancer Glitch still works.. Still took me 3 attempts to take the first boss down! And the guy with the Samurai sword that I need to beat to summon is very hard also...So I went back to my main character and found Farron Keep, which seems to be just full of poison.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

@Red620Ti Are you on about the frozen frog thing that took you 3 times or the guy with the Firelink sword?

crippyd

holchasaur

@stylon: Did you actually kill the fire-breathing dragon, or did he fly away once you knocked his health down to a certain point? In my game he just flew off into the distance. I bumped into a similar-looking dragon later in the game, but I wasn't sure if it was him or not.

The knight I think you're referring to is just a standard enemy with advanced skills. There are also versions of this knight with glowing eyes, and they're even tougher and more aggressive. If you're having issues with one of these enemies, make sure to keep your shield up while circling around him. Wait for the opportunity to get one or two swings in (don't push your luck) and then return to shielding and strafing. If you're confident with your parrying abilities, parry one of his attacks and then walk up to his chest and hold RB to do a visceral attack. The last trick is to kick his shield out of the way and stagger him while he's blocking. To do this, press forward and RB simultaneously. Oh, in regards to your shield, try to make sure it has a 100 rating against physical attacks. That's something a lot of new players overlook and it makes a big difference when blocking.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

Red620Ti

@crippyd: Both mate.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

stylon

@DRL: No I got it to about 1/3 of its health bar and then it flew away as you described... I guess I'll be seeing him again then!

I went with the Knight class so I have got a 100% shield which certainly comes in handy a lot... having no luck at all with pulling off a kick though. Tried several times after I read the tutorial message but haven't managed it even once - shame as there was one guy standing on the edge of a cliff that was crying out for a kick over the edge, either that or a Worms style prod

Didn't know about holding RB for visceral attack though - sounds brutal, will definitely give that a go, thanks!

stylon

holchasaur

@stylon: Yeah, I don't have consistent enough success executing the kick to rely on it. There's also a powerful lunge attack that you can do by hitting forward and RT at the same time, and I'm like 3/4 when enacting it in the midst of a fight. It's extremely beneficial to use against some enemies, though, so don't ignore it completely.

Have you watched this video yet? It helps put the basics in perspective.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

What kind of monster programmed the kick with these button inputs?? I alwayss kick when I don't want to, and I die and it frustrates me. The kick takes a longg time, uses way to much stamina and does nothing helpful as far as I'm concerned.

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

Red620Ti

Interesting Video Dave, I like the branch!

Looks like I'm about to meet the Abyss watchers now after finally getting though the swamp...Also killed a huge demon thing near the old wolf and it only hit me once, which I'm counting as a victory. I'm not going to mention how many times the goat men (Ghru?) killed me by jumping on my head.

crippyd

@DRL I've watch both videos, the beginners one was helpful although I don't think I'll be able to remember all the moves/combos and the branch video was great!

crippyd

Red620Ti

Abyss Watchers went down first try, I summoned an NPC to help and absolutely spanked them. Also founs another Demon King to kill, so took him out. Currently having trouble in the Catacombs and the Demon Ruins, firey Ghru dudes are no joke!

holchasaur

@Red620Ti: You definitely avoided one hell of an intense fight by bringing an NPC to the party.

The Catacombs are tough. Be on the lookout for a few illusory walls down there. I know there's at least one that allowed me to skip a tough patch of enemies. Are you using a guide or doing everything on your own? I can give you a hint of how to access an optional area from the Catacombs if you're interested. Unless you've already gotten there and are referring to it as the Demon Ruins?

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@Red620Ti: ARE YOU FRIGGEN KIDDING ME HE IS THE HARDEST BOSS ON ANY GAME AND YOU JUST DO IT FIRST TRY WHATEVER.
Haha congrats on your victory

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.