Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 101 to 120 of 453

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Yup, I'm struggling a bit. Dunno if it's the faster enemies or the fact that I'm knackered going backwards and forwards to see my wife in Bristol hospital but I can't concentrate for very long on it. Concentration, of course, is the prime definitior of success or failure.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Red620Ti

Well, I made it across the rooftop and opened up a lift to cut it out in future, so that was nice. I'm now in an area with 2 giants that are chained up? Am I meant to kill them?

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

holchasaur

@Red620Ti: I'm not sure that you have to kill them, but you should. Pay attention to your surroundings on the ground floor, because there's a way that you can make that fight easier for yourself. Those guys are actually pretty easy to kill if you stay next to/behind their feet. Just watch out for the stomping attack.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

crippyd

@DRL I managed to beat the tree boss (3rd one?) and am messing about in a tower and village near the sewers. As I've said before, this game is nails!
Edit; You might not get that I meant hard as nails there

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

holchasaur

@crippyd: Be sure to explore the tower thoroughly! There are a couple interactions there that are beneficial going forward. In regards to the difficulty, it's weird, I didn't struggle until Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. I won't pretend everything prior to that wasn't challenging, it definitely was, but it always felt doable. I didn't find there to be any nasty early-game spikes like Bloodborne (Cleric Beast) and Dark Souls II (The Pursuer). I'm guessing the time I spent with Bloodborne prepared me for the speed increase and the aggressive enemies, because it didn't take that long for me to find a rhythm.

Late game Dark Souls III, however, is waaaaaaay hard. I got my butt handed to me on more than one occasion, I can tell you that. Be prepared to have Embers stocked up so you can summon a friend! I likely would've used summons if I hadn't been playing offline due to that pre-release glitch.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

sorethumbed

@DRL: Annual maintenance. She has had a chest problem since she was a child. Two weeks IV antibiotics. Have to be administered 4 times a day, doesn't really need to be in hospital if could be done in community (some places it is). She is currently on the last working antibiotic though and when that stops working.....

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

holchasaur

What's everyone's preferred weapon at this point? I mostly bounced between Fire Longsword, Dancer's Enchanted Swords, and Wolf Knight's Greatsword on my first go. In my NG+ file, I've been experimenting with Great Scythe, Drang Twinspears, and Onikiri and Ubadachi. I'm trying to change up my style to freshen up this playthrough.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

crippyd

@DRL Got through the tower, got an NPC killed which I think will be detrimental to me and dodged a nasty surprise on the way out. Found some bird man things which, unsurprisingly, killed me!

crippyd

holchasaur

@crippyd: Oh no... Did you get Siegward killed?! If so, how? I think I followed his questline through to the end. He shows up at a very important fight and helps you out in a big way. I have no idea how that battle will be without him. What about the giant on the roof? What happened with him?

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Anyone found any bone dust for the estus? I've only found 2 so far! @DRL: I've been using the ice sword the ice dog thing drops in the tower crippy is talking about. It's not terribly good, and hard to upgrade. Any weapon recommendations at my level?

Edited on by A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

Red620Ti

I am oscillating between a Fire Axe +$, a deep axe +3 and a Ithryll? Sword...No shield as it makes me too heavy, but I'm building up a Twin Dragon Greatshield just in case. When I murderised one of the giants, there was a full set of Drang armour around his feet, which looks pretty good, so I'm rocking a Drang body, herald legs and I think a Lothric hat?

Where I ended up last night!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Red620Ti/screenshot/4101811

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

crippyd

@DRL Yep, he died fighting the fire monster. I spoke to the giant and he stopped throwing stuff at me. I'll not let him die on NG+ and I'll be cooping most of the game so I'll see how it goes.

crippyd

holchasaur

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: The Undead Bone Shards? I found all of them during my playthrough, but I couldn't tell you where. What area are you in? I can check the strategy guide to see if there's one nearby.

Weapons... I have no confident recommendations outside of the reinforced Fire Longsword for the first half of the game, and then the Dancer's Enchanted Sword as soon as you get it (just be sure to reinforce it and take advantage of its scaling potential).

@Red620Ti Where was that screenshot taken? I can't quite tell. Is it the outer balcony that leads to the first bonfire in Cathedral of the Deep?

@crippyd Dang. I didn't know he was able to die during that fight. He did most of the work for me, but I must have kept the attention off him enough so he didn't take too much damage.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

crippyd

@DRL I must just be a super special gamer! I can confidently screw up any game I play

crippyd

Red620Ti

@DRL: Its on a balcony about half way through? Pretty countryside, anyway. I've messed up the Deacons now, one of the easiest boss fights ever! Now trying to explore around the road of sacrifice but theirs a huge knight in black armour that has really taken a dislike to me!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.