Forums

Topic: Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Posts 141 to 160 of 188

crippyd

Oh, good luck with that, as that is the hardest area in the whole game in my opinion. The second boss of the area is weak to lightning. The first boss in very hard, use the summon.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

I've made it to Drangleic castle, gonna have to preorder dark souls 3 for sure...

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi You must be some kind of gaming God as I had a hell of a time getting through Iron Keep, it took me a good couple of weeks to get that finished! I'm going with the digital version and will be ordering it on my next payday.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: haha, I wouldn't say that! I skipped the first boss after many many tries, but the main boss was pretty easy especially once I found the bonfire very close to him. All the enemies in the Keep are weak though, I two hit all of them.
I'm having some trouble with the double dragonrider boss fight though

When does DS3 release anyway?

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi It releases in April if I remember correctly. What weapon have you got that can 2 hit the guys in Iron Keep? I'm level 220 or somewhere near that and the enemies still take a few hits. For the Dragon Riders use the summon just outside the door and concentrate on one at a time. If you break the platform the other one is standing on it makes the fight easier as he isn't spamming you with ranged fire.

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: uhhh some ultra greatsword that starts a z...i cant remember right now. Maxed it to +10 though. I also havnt used one effigy to cure myself thru the whole game haha

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi Zweihander by chance? You need to use it two handed. Man, I've used lots of effigies even after nearly completing 2 play throughs. I think I just suck at video games!!

crippyd

holchasaur

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: You must have beefed yourself up in some significant way, because as @crippyd said, Iron Keep isn't easy. I plowed through almost every area up until that point without much trouble. As soon as I got to Iron Keep, however, those damn knights caused major problems. Even when I try to lure them out of the main room one at a time, they always find a way to swarm me and put me down. I've taken a break from DSII for the time being (got lots of review stuff to tend to), but when I get back to it, I plan to experiment with other weapons to see if my Fire Sword is the problem. Ya know, it's a lava area and all, so maybe a fire weapon isn't the most sensible way to get the job done.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: yeaah thats the one! I use that and a shield. I completely rely on my shield for defense, makes me very durable while being extremely heavy hitting at the same time. I got 45 or so strength, so i hit crazy amounts of damage. @DRL: i just block those knights and hit them and they die. The ones with the bows are EXTREMELY easy to backstab, just wait for them to aim at you and slip behind for a 1 hit kill

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi I've got a Fume sword, I believe this is the best weapon in the whole game for strength builds but it is very similar to the Zwiehander in the way you hit with it.

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: no wonder it's a great weapon, that boss seems incredibly hard.
The DLC proved too much for me, I couldn't kill Sinh the dragon for the life of me

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi I think the Fume knight was the only boss we couldn't kill. I found him VERY hard and we just left him and moved on. The DLC was way harder than the main game. If you want to co op this or either of the other two games hit me up on Live.I'm UK based so I don't know if we're in the same time zone?

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Ditto. I did watch a vid of someone take him down with a bow though very successfully. I found that with the DLC that I just wasn't doing enough damage, just chips lol.y

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: I'm in the US. I'll let ya know if I need some coop!
I really hope DS3 will have a bit less awful system of PVP and coop. It's the main flaw of the game if you ask me

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi I don't think the co op system will change although I completely agree with you. I wish I could just boot up the game and co op rather than having to fart about with summon signs and soul counts. I don't care about the PvP as I don't get involved with that, just the occasional invader to vanquish 😈

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: It's crazy to me most people seem to support this ridiculous way of coop! You don't get an option to play without people either, if you're online they will cram it down youre throat like it or not

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi the invite to co op was just an invite to play together if you want to. If you need some help on a particular section I can be a good distraction while you smash a boss.
I got DS3 ordered yesterday so it is sat on my hard drive ready to play launch day.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: I didn't mean it like that, i meant they force pvp invasions on you whether you like it or not
Sorry for the kernfusion
Having it already on your hardrive must be agonizing lol. Did you get DS1 yet?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.