Forums

Topic: Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Posts 121 to 140 of 188

crippyd

Has anyone preordered Dark Souls 3? I'm thinking of getting it digital and want the code for Dark Souls, does it come with every digital preorder as it says limited time only?

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: not yet, prolly going too though. I thought you had to preorder the digital deluxe edition with the season pass to get DS1?

Edited on by A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi I was looking on the MS store and all the digital editions said they come with the DS code but for a limited time. I also looked at Amazon (UK) store and the physical edition also comes with a code in the box for the preorder but for the slight price premium I would get digital. Its about £6 more expensive (about €7.75 or $8.50) so for the convenience and that I won't be trading it in, I'd go with that.

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

I have been tearing up this game since after the Purseur! I murdered the Dragonrider dude without dying, then went thru no mans wharf and killed that freaky abomination on the ship the first try, and now im about to fight thr boss at this weird prison place!
In short, the game is alot of fun

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@DRL: @crippyd: so whats different about Dark Souls 3? Based on what I've heard it's more fast paced then 2 is. Do yall know any info? (No spoilers please! 😝)

sorethumbed

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: You might just want to be a bit careful with that 1(?) I always think of the pursuer as Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Here's Johnny!

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

sorethumbed

I aim to get it, just not at release@crippyd:

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi I only know what I've read in the latest Official Xbox Magazine, so they are obviously being vague so as to not spoil anything. It looks very good and I have decided to get the digital standard edition, which after some clarification from the great @SuperKMx is the right one for me. It does come with the code for DS (as do all the digital editions and the day one disc). @sorethumbed when you get it, give me a shout if you fancy co op.

crippyd

holchasaur

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: I've exposed myself to way too much footage of Dark Souls III already. So far, it looks like From Software took what it learned from Bloodborne and applied it to the traditional Dark Souls template. That's a good thing in my book, as Bloodborne plays like a dream.

@crippyd I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. Just couldn't resist that statue. I went with the PS4 version because Bloodborne felt ridiculously good with the DualShock 4, but I have a feeling I'll end up with an Xbox One copy as well (review stuff and whatnot).

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

crippyd

@DRL that looks so cool but for me that is too much to drop on a game. It looks like a brilliant game and I'm looking forward to playing it! I don't have nor will get a PS4 so I'll never get to sample Bloodbourne.

crippyd

holchasaur

@crippyd: Yeah, I don't blame you. I normally don't purchase these bundles, but I gave into this one because I'm trying to gather more statues for my home office. Plus, I was able to get it for $100 (instead of $130) thanks to Best Buy's Gamer's Club. That makes it sting a lot less. When it comes to Bloodborne, man, you should find a way to play it at some point, even if you have to borrow a PS4 from a friend for a week. It's ridiculously good. Dark Souls II is undeniably great, but Bloodborne is even better.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

crippyd

@DRL unfortunately I don't have any one in my social circle that has a PS4, so it is quite unlikely that I'll be able to play it. I am going with the £50 standard one ($71). I don't know how that compares to the US for price? That gamer club sounds like a good thing to be in, I don't think there is anything in the UK like that but if there was I'd sign up straight away!

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

How do you open the big black doors that say "produce the symbol of the king"?

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Also, where do i go after i beat the lost sinner in the Bastille place?
And what are illusory walls?

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi to open the king's doors you need the king's ring which is a very late game item. You return to Majula after beating the sinner and you need to go through the misty forest. Stick to the left and go slowly is my advice. The illusionary walls are secret walls that move when you press A up against them.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: yeaah I'm pretty sure I didn't go the right way thru the game..
I killed the sinner then went to the giant spider (i think the spider is supposed to be the last of the 4?) And now im currently in the Iron Keep

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.