Forums

Topic: Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Posts 101 to 120 of 188

holchasaur

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: Where are you fighting him? Forest of Fallen Giants? If so, get him to dash toward you so he stops right in front of one of the ballistas. Don't waste any time at all and run behind the ballista and shoot it a couple times as quickly as possible. If he's in the right spot, two or three arrows should kill him. You won't even have to swing your weapon.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@DRL: I've tried my derndest to hit him with the ballistae, and when i do it only hits him about halfway and then breaks it

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi the summon you need is the same as you use for the last giant. You just have to get him to follow you up to the Pursuer. The Pursuer will the focus on him and you just wait for him to be in the right place to hit him with the ballistae. You can kill him without using the ballistae, you need to roll to the right when he tries to hit you and you can get ONE hit each time.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

sorethumbed

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: It's REALLY not a good idea in DS to go murdering peeps unless you have to. Sometimes (in fact MOST of the time) they have a storyline that you can follow which generally delivers loot. Other times, they will help you. MIGHT be worth going back to an earlier save if it's not too far back. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

crippyd

It might be, I can't remember to be honest. Pate is the guy sat by the portcullis and castle wall in the forest of giants.

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@sorethumbed: when everything around you is super evil and wants to kill you, it's stab first, ask questions later haha! I don't expect there to be a random good guy just derpin around a castle for no reason

sorethumbed

LOL, I didn't say he was good, just available. The 'good' guys generally don't move. You usually get enough time to see if something is trying to kill you before killing (or not) it as it shambles towards you. Taking a 'shoot first' approach will get you through but you will miss some good stuff and make it harder on yourself. Also, if you're an achievement hound, there are a few cheevos relating to completing storylines for characters or getting equipment from them.

Edited on by sorethumbed

sorethumbed

@Utena-mobile: Far as I remember, you are correct. You do lose a little, story wise by killing them off and lose potential boss bait but I suppose there's always randoms.............

holchasaur

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: I could be wrong, but I don't think you're able to lock onto the friendly NPCs. I think that's how I determine whether or not they're a threat before approaching them.

The reason I say "I could be wrong" is because I've been playing a lot of games lately, and I can't recall if this is specific to Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Lords of the Fallen, or all these games/series.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@DRL: Nope, sure didn't! I'm irritated you can destroy the tutorial gravestone message things in the first area

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi Which boss have you killed? Congratulations on which ever you have because they are all very hard.

crippyd

holchasaur

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi Congrats! If you take what you learned from that boss battle and make sure to keep leveling up, the next few bosses should be much easier. They were for me, at least.

@crippyd: Did you not find any of the bosses to be a breeze? I killed the first boss, The Last Giant, without breaking a sweat. Same thing with the Royal Rat Vanguard. Come to think of it, I've probably slayed about five bosses on my first attempt. However, you're right, majority of the bosses are very challenging. The Pursuer destroyed me about 10 times in a row before I changed my tactics to involve the ballista.

Reviewer, Nintendo Life

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@DRL: i was up to around 30 deaths from the Purseur haha! That video you sent me is the only reason i won

crippyd

@DRL yeah, some of them were a little easier than others, like the Rat King but I think the ones I did first time I had NPCs helping out. There are others that have taken a long time even with help, like the two in the Iron castle area.

crippyd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.