Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 is still worth getting

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Ufaowl

Hello, everyone!
I'm proud Xbox One owner and now as new games are quite expensive i'm considering getting 360. I wonder if it's still worth getting? I'm mainly interested in Games With Gold. How do you think will it last for couple more years?

Ufaowl

Xbox Gamertag: Ufaowl

Gamer83

If this is going to be your first 360 it's definitely worth it. That console had a lot of great games so the backlog would be pretty extensive.

Gamer83

Red620Ti

The games range on the 360 is so big and so cheap now, it actually doesn't make sense not to have one. Having said that, I sold mine, so what do I know?

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

I would also say go for it. I still have mine with an extensive backlog and more coming every month with the games with gold thing. I'm playing things like Dark Souls and XCOM and many other great games.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

Think it may depend on how much free time you have. I think we've reached the point where there are (way) more than enough Xbox One games coming out to keep me fully occupied. I don't have the time to go back and play my back catalogue of 360 games never mind my burgeoning collection of GwG titles. I'm loathe to sell it as I keep telling myself I'm saving them all for a rainy day (like several years of them straight) but really I'm just stockpiling them with little prospect of me ever playing them now...

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

DesiccantOwl

I still have to finish Skyrim so I'm very happy to keep my Xbox 360 around. As the others have said: the back catalogue is extensive, especially with games such as Fallout and Mass Effect an absolute steal at the moment. Plus it can't hurt to keep padding out you G score with X360 titles

DesiccantOwl

Xbox Gamertag: DesignateTurian | Twitter:

Tasuki

It really depends on how much time you have to put into gaming. I honestly think it's worth getting an Xbox 360 since they are alot of great games available on it, some of them are quite cheap now too. As for Games with gold I think it will be around on the 360 for a bit longer.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

I still have my 360. There are a lot of great games from last gen that are now very cheap and with the GwG option too, you don't need to spend lots either to build up a good library. Of course its only worth it if you get time to play otherwise its just an extravagance. Even though I still have my 360 (as well as my PS3 and Original Xbox with all the games), I can count the hours I have played on last gen consoles on 1 hand - 2 at the very most! Mainly because I have an increasing backlog of games on new gen and my last gen consoles are set up in my bedroom...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

SuperKMx

There are an absolute STACK of excellent games available for Xbox 360 - including free ones on Games With Gold. I'd imagine that it would be around for another couple of years before Microsoft even thinks about properly retiring it, mainly due to the installed user base.

So yeah, take the plunge!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Ufaowl

Well, as it turned out, there is no need to buy 360 anymore. The only question is how to get those gwg for 360. I tried to get them on marketplace, but I couldn't "purchase" cause the system asked me to login on respective device device first.
Anyway, thanks for your answers, folks)

Ufaowl

Xbox Gamertag: Ufaowl

SuperKMx

Ufaowl wrote:

Well, as it turned out, there is no need to buy 360 anymore. The only question is how to get those gwg for 360. I tried to get them on marketplace, but I couldn't "purchase" cause the system asked me to login on respective device device first.
Anyway, thanks for your answers, folks)

That's a bit strange...I guess that's a new security measure.

I guess the only option is find someone with a 360 and get them to login for you, then logout again. Then you should be able to "buy" the GWG titles from Xbox.com.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

stylon

I know I'm going to move all my saved games to Cloud Storage and then flog mine whilst it's still worth something. The backwards compatibility coupled with the remastering phenomenon has rendered it obsolete for me.

Maybe they will start offering the 360 GwG titles as BC games that you can grab them on your Xbox One soon? I know I actually bought Kameo off the 360 store just so I would be able to play it again on my One and I'm sure lots of others would buy 360 games off the store if they could play them on their one too... surely it's got to happen soon.

Edited on by stylon

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.