Forums

Topic: South Park: The Stick of Truth -- Game Discussion

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Anthinator

After a bunch of delays, South Park: The Stick of Truth is finally out! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy today. I've been reading reviews all morning, including our own, and I couldn't be happier from the feedback.

Is anyone else just as excited as me? If you're going to be playing the game this week, feel free to drop your thoughts, tips, and story discussion right here. Let's try to keep things spoiler free at least for the first two weeks. That should give others plenty of time to finish.

Edited on by Anthinator

Anthony Bacchus,
Deputy US Editor,
Pure Xbox

Xbox Gamertag: ApartAnthinator | Twitter:

SuperKMx

To be honest, the censorship really isn't that big of a deal. I've finished the game and it really didn't detract from things all that much. It's more of a minor annoyance than anything else. To tell you the truth, I'd imagine that the censorship messages are funnier than the content.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

holchasaur

I need help...

Can anyone tell me what the proper method is for navigating the forest? There's a place I'm trying to get back to and I have no idea how I made it there the first time around. What's the trick?!

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

SuperKMx
DRL

I need help...

Can anyone tell me what the proper method is for navigating the forest? There's a place I'm trying to get back to and I have no idea how I made it there the first time around. What's the trick?!

It's randomly generated, barring when you have to go repeatedly north to get to Canada. At least that's what I'm led to believe, anyway. In short, it'll be luck that gets you back where you wanted to be!

Ken Barnes,

holchasaur
SuperKMx
DRL

I need help...

It's randomly generated, barring when you have to go repeatedly north to get to Canada. At least that's what I'm led to believe, anyway. In short, it'll be luck that gets you back where you wanted to be!

Yuck. That's what I figured. I wandered through the forest for 20-some minutes the other day and couldn't again find what I was looking for. I believe it's one of the last things I need to do before completing all quests and finding all friends.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

Anthinator

Right now, I'm totally digging the game. I'm still really early in it but I love exploring the town of South Park, walking the streets, meeting friends and entering houses (even though they all have the same layout). The game looks absolutely beautiful but it does have its share of technical glitches (framerate is a recurring problem).

Combat is simple and fun but surprisingly deep. I'll share more of my thoughts later but the game is definitely one of the better licensed games I've played.

Anthony Bacchus,
Deputy US Editor,
Pure Xbox

Xbox Gamertag: ApartAnthinator | Twitter:

TheBase287

I'm really excited to start it, but I'm more than a little hooked on the Lego Movie game at the minute. What class would you recommend playing first?

((AND WHAT DOES A 'JEW' DO???))

Kathryn Johnston

Twitter/GamerTag: TheBase287

EU Lightbringer: Amarante (Lvl. 90 Blood Elf Paladin)

Xbox Gamertag: TheBase287 | Twitter:

SuperKMx
TheBase287

((AND WHAT DOES A 'JEW' DO???))

Good question - I honestly didn't try selecting the Jew class. I went with warrior (or fighter - can't remember the term they use) - seemed to work out pretty well.

Ken Barnes,

Dralight

I'm still undecided on whether or not I should get this game. I've watched a good bit of gameplay and it certainly looks like a good RPG game, but I've heard the game isn't really that long. Now that isn't really a big deal if there's enough content to keep you busy on the side.

For those of you who have beat the game or tried multiple classes, do you think there is enough variety in the different classes and a good amount of content to give the game replay value enough for multiple playthroughs?

Adam Kleniewski,
Staff Writer

XBL GamerTag: Dralight
Twitter: @Draalight

Xbox Gamertag: Dralight | Twitter:

SuperKMx
Dralight

For those of you who have beat the game or tried multiple classes, do you think there is enough variety in the different classes and a good amount of content to give the game replay value enough for multiple playthroughs?

There's enough variety in the classes, sure. As for enough content for multiple playthroughs - probably not. You'd literally be playing the exact same story with a slightly different bunch of pixels as your avatar - there's no variation in it at all.

Ken Barnes,

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.