Forums

Topic: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition

Posts 61 to 80 of 85

Vincent294

I finished the new Great Fairy's Fountain Replica in Lapis City in my survival world & tried starting a new creative map called Herobrine Caverns. I'm trying to be humorous; it starts with reading signs & Herobrine says he needs to test you. Then, you're told to go to something unusual. Herobrine says it was the last something, but he cuts himself off, saying it's better left unsaid. Nearby is a mooshroom in a cage labeled test subject #862. In other words, that mooshroom was once the last Steve to go inside the caverns. There's currently some glitches when switching from creative mode to survival making it hard for me to test it, making me invulnerable to certain types of damage, etc. (like not taking any fall damage & being fireproof).

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Pixelrobin

Minecraft 1.6.1 for the PC was just recently realeased. It adds horses, the coal block, hardened clay, horse armor, wool carpets, the ability to not break blocks with a sword in creative mode, and of course the removal of herobrine yet again.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Vincent294
Bluerobin2

Minecraft 1.6.1 for the PC was just recently realeased. It adds horses, the coal block, hardened clay, horse armor, wool carpets, the ability to not break blocks with a sword in creative mode, and of course the removal of herobrine yet again.

We'll be getting a new max world height of 256, texture packs, jungles, ocelots, cocoa pods, redstone lamps, upside down slabs / stairs, & corner stairs next update. Hopefully some bug fixes too. I finally went through w/ your idea for an underground part of my city. It took a long time to hollow out, but it looks nice. I noticed that whenever it rains, lots of endermen go down there. I haven't utilized all the blocks (it adds 4 more blocks to build on), but I probably will soon.
Anyone tried to find an end portal in a new world at the start? I did. I've never encountered a silverfish spawner before & wanted to use it, so I didn't destroy it. I also didn't put a cage around it immediately as well. That was a big mistake. They destroyed a few layers of stone in the portal room, exposing veins of iron, & made tons of holes in the stronghold over 50 blocks away. I used all my dirt & wood as a final effort to cage it in after reading on spawner ranges on the Minecraft Wiki. I punched stone to make sure I got every silverfish & it was surprising how far they went.

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

Endermen do like dem sewers. Don't they? I just got an idea too. You know the working light houses that work off minecarts (most of the time)? Why not replace the lamps with dispensers? Genius! I also forgot to add the fact that texture packs are now "resource packs" and can carry sounds as well as textures. And the "Social zombies" update allow zombies to call friends. Friends will spawn anywhere, no matter what. This is a part I dislike since this way, nothing will be safe from zombies unless it is very lit up and high in the sky.

Vincent294
Bluerobin2

Endermen do like dem sewers. Don't they? I just got an idea too. You know the working light houses that work off minecarts (most of the time)? Why not replace the lamps with dispensers? Genius! I also forgot to add the fact that texture packs are now "resource packs" and can carry sounds as well as textures. And the "Social zombies" update allow zombies to call friends. Friends will spawn anywhere, no matter what. This is a part I dislike since this way, nothing will be safe from zombies unless it is very lit up and high in the sky.

I heard from a friend who plays PC about how many zombies spawn as they burn in daylight. Also, Xbox isn't getting resource packs as far as I'm concerned (though perhaps we will get the sounds as well as the textures). I've never heard of those light houses, but I figured out how they must work (the minecart just rides over detector rails in circles, right?). I probably won't get all of them though, & it works both ways (I might get hit too). The expense of arrows would also be hard to keep up w/ as well. Nice idea though. I could use it as a toggleable turret.

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

The pre-release version of 1.6 was so bad that zombies would literally rain from the sky. It was a humourus site to behold. I have seen lighthouses before 1.5, so there must be a harder way to make a lighthouse out there. The lighthouses wouldn't turn the lights on in a circular fashion, they would use a series of pistons to uncover the light underneath in a rotating fashion. Perhaps you may want to consider adding one to lapis city? And yet I forgot just one more thing: Minecraft 1.6.1 now requires a brand new Minecraft launcher that is Both developer friendly (Debug mode, Custom Minecraft versions, etc.), and offers a much simpler way of installing mods. Antvenom recently posted a helpful video on that subject. I am truly forgetful sometimes :/. The Minecraft Icon for the actual game is now a crafting bench, not a dirt block.

Vincent294
Bluerobin2

The pre-release version of 1.6 was so bad that zombies would literally rain from the sky. It was a humourus site to behold. I have seen lighthouses before 1.5, so there must be a harder way to make a lighthouse out there. The lighthouses wouldn't turn the lights on in a circular fashion, they would use a series of pistons to uncover the light underneath in a rotating fashion. Perhaps you may want to consider adding one to lapis city? And yet I forgot just one more thing: Minecraft 1.6.1 now requires a brand new Minecraft launcher that is Both developer friendly (Debug mode, Custom Minecraft versions, etc.), and offers a much simpler way of installing mods. Antvenom recently posted a helpful video on that subject. I am truly forgetful sometimes :/. The Minecraft Icon for the actual game is now a crafting bench, not a dirt block.

I don't have it for PC, but if I upgrade my PC's RAM, it might run the demo well, & if so, I'd get it at some point. It certainly looks good.
I might look into expanding Lapis City (a sky section has been an idea I've had).

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

Minecraft block gravity update = Doomsday

Looking foreword to the sky part!

Vincent294

I almost tripled the size of my XP Farm. The results were so amazing. I might expand it further, but until the next update doubles the max world height, I can only expand it a little bit.

Vincent294

Vincent294

I'm working on lighting up caves, branch mining, expanding my mob system (it's at the current max world height, which will be raised real soon), remodeling my house (w/ preparations for new blocks & slab / stair placement), made a sky section in Lapis City (the roads were designed to cast minimal shadows while looking good, & hopefully the buildings work out like that too), made Castle V (which isn't complete without upside down slabs / stairs), & more. When my latest wave of major renovations is complete, I'll post photos. I also went forward w/ building an underground segment of Lapis City too like Bluerobin2 suggested. It's really big (it took so long to hollow out), & is like walls & a roof spawned around the ground level part. It's currently the center of architectural experiments for me as my designs become more complex (like curved bridges over the roads, which sound so much easier to make look nice than they really are).

Also, the TU12 change log has been released. Not all the bugs I wanted to be fixed have been fixed, but so many things I didn't expect to release so soon have been added. It's currently in cert testing, so it should be out soon.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

So umm, this thread went dead?

Vincent294
Bluerobin2

So umm, this thread went dead?

I'm going to post pictures of my new creations sometime, but I'm too lazy right now. There's too much going on right now too. I'll finish the sky section of Lapis City soon (the underground is already finished, & so is the beach area renovation).

Vincent294

FullbringIchigo

i was messing around on it yesterday and i found an entire village underground, it looked abandoned

it was kind of a nice find

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Vincent294
FullbringIchigo

i was messing around on it yesterday and i found an entire village underground, it looked abandoned

it was kind of a nice find

Crazy. I don't explore much; I've searched my entire world, but try to build in certain zones, and I've only gone caving by those zones. Some caves I've explored recently are so suicidal to explore, and the games crashes every time I die in TU13, so it adds new tension to caving. A creeper blew me into the bottom of this cavern I was entering & I had to run and block myself away from a skeleton w/ half a heart of health. I thought I was done for. That world is mostly TU1-4 generated (1.6-1.7 Beta), w/ some TU7-8 generated land (1.0) as well, so I don't see much in the way of villages, strongholds, etc., except in the new world I'm starting out.

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

Minecraft 1.7.2 came out for PC. It was "The update that changed the world". It adds tons of new biomes, a few new blocks and plants, new commands and chat upgrades, new shaders, and a new smooth lighting engine that looks simply gorgeous.

Vincent294
Bluerobin2

Minecraft 1.7.2 came out for PC. It was "The update that changed the world". It adds tons of new biomes, a few new blocks and plants, new commands and chat upgrades, new shaders, and a new smooth lighting engine that looks simply gorgeous.

I heard. Funny name when you consider that it changed the world generation.

Vincent294

Vincent294

Well, I made a Facebook account finally. No more awkward 3DS screenshots! Hell yeah! Anyways, here's what you've missed for so long:
Underground Lapis City
Underground Lapis City
Spawn Point Beach
Main Base Area
Storage Room
View of the world from the Main Base
Trespassing

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

So much has changed...I got Minecraft on PC. I'll upload screenshots of my last few projects on 360 Edition has well as my work-in-progress Main Base in PC. It'll be a replica of the one I have in 360 Edition with the community stuff stripped out. More intricate things will occupy the leftover rooms.
Edit: Here's the photos:
Renovated Main Base
Sea Tunnel
Donation Center - Lapis City
Wreckless Endangerment
PC Exploration
Work In Progress

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

I'm working more on my main base. I'll upload photos when I consider it to have reached Stage 1. That's the frame, the storage room, a wheat farm, the stone generator, a greenhouse, the kennel, & balconies all done. Stage 2 will be all non-community stuff added. Stage 3 will be the LAN center, which will house all the community stuff if I ever use LAN multiplayer. Then I'll get started on my 7th gen skyscraper designs, which is completion.

Vincent294

Vincent294

Sorry to bring back such an old thread but for the past several months I've been working on a new Minecraft world in PC version and I thought it would be cool to see how far I've come as a builder. You can download the world here

Screenshot:
2014-06-13_18.49.18.png

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.