Forums

Topic: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

RR529

Decided to get this since it was dirt cheap, and I remember one of my friends had it shortly after getting his first 360 many years ago (I think he actually got it the year after launch), and I remember it looking pretty fun at the time.

I'm no shooter connoisseur (either third or first person), but what I've played so far (the prologue & 1st mission), I'm liking it.

I'll let you know more when I get further into it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Just completed Mission 2!

BTW, does anyone know what constitutes as a waypoint in this game? If you quit the game mid-level it says it'll save your progress up to the most recent waypoint, but the game doesn't tell you when you've reached one.

At first I thought it was talking about those terminals you activate throughout the level, but as I found myself starting over from the beginning of the level (after quitting mission 1 midway through the first time I played it), I now know it's not those. So now I'm guessing you hit a waypoint everytime you enter a different area in a level?

Any clarification from someone who has played before would be much appreciated. Sometimes might not be able to play an entire mission in a single play session, and it'd suck if I had to restart back at the mission's start everytime that happens.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Sorry for the triple post, but I'm just checking to say I think I'm about halfway through (maybe more).

This has been the most tense game I've played this year (not in a bad way), but maybe that's just because you're never quite sure how far it'll send you back if you die (luckily, I think there's a waypoint before every boss). Even the bosses (which haven't really beaten me any more times than any of the bosses in ZOE: the Second Runner HD) seem more tense for some reason (more intimidating, I suppose).

I am liking it though, and once you really get the hang of piloting the mechs, you'll feel totally awesome.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Finished this up last night.

It's not a must play, but it's a solid shooter, and if you enjoy these sorts of games, you'd probably like to have it in your collection. I'll probably look into it's sequels eventually.

It was surprisingly difficult, the mechs are fun once you get the ins & outs, and it has one of the best boss lineups of any game I've played this year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SuperKMx

I enjoyed Lost Planet first time around, I must say. Thought it was pretty cool for what it was. The third one was a real letdown though, sadly

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

KelticDevil

I played through Lost Planet many years ago. I didn't really like it much though. I was really hyped for it, but it just fell short to me.

KelticDevil

Xbox Gamertag: Keltic Devil

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.