Forums

Topic: GWG - Witcher Assassin of kings

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

sorethumbed

For those of you who still own an Xbox, The Witcher assassin of Kings is the free Games with gold at the moment. This is the followup to the Witcher game on PC and I really enjoyed both of them. If slashing and magic is your thing then this is for you.
If you haven't played the first one, a bit of wiki might be in order before playing as it doesn't really explain too well about the background to how Geralt got to where he is. Marmite game (love it or hate it). Personally I hate marmite but love the Witcher games.

Ps. For younger players, if your mum is in the room, you might not want to start the game.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

SuperKMx

sorethumbed wrote:

For those of you who still own an Xbox, The Witcher assassin of Kings is the free Games with gold at the moment. This is the followup to the Witcher game on PC and I really enjoyed both of them. If slashing and magic is your thing then this is for you.
If you haven't played the first one, a bit of wiki might be in order before playing as it doesn't really explain too well about the background to how Geralt got to where he is. Marmite game (love it or hate it). Personally I hate marmite but love the Witcher games.

Ps. For younger players, if your mum is in the room, you might not want to start the game.

I was SO meaning to play through this before The Witcher 3 hits. Expected to have a quiet January, but it's turning out to not be the case. Downloading in the hope that I can get to it in February

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

sorethumbed

You've got till May 15th so no rush 😀😀

SuperKMx

sorethumbed wrote:

You've got till May 15th so no rush 😀😀

True, true...

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

holchasaur

SuperKMx wrote:

I was SO meaning to play through this before The Witcher 3 hits. Expected to have a quiet January, but it's turning out to not be the case. Downloading in the hope that I can get to it in February

I'm also planning to give this one a go before Witcher 3 drops. I should probably get to downloading it, huh?

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

sorethumbed

When you do, stick with it. Most people hate the controls at first, they don't explain them very well.

holchasaur

sorethumbed wrote:

When you do, stick with it. Most people hate the controls at first, they don't explain them very well.

Good to know. I'm sure I'll stick with it even if the controls throw me for a loop. The world looks compelling enough to hold my attention.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

My 360 just got promoted from "shiny WiiU stand" to functioning console once again! I've had SO many PC gaming friends tell me that this franchise needs to be played. I'll likely Wiki the originals storyline as you said @sorethumbed!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

sorethumbed

I played 1&2 on PC but I must say the controls are a minor irritant in the Xbox version. Definitely not as easy as on PC but I will stick with it just to get my eye in for 3.

Kage_88

I downloaded the original from GOG about 12 months ago, and I'm still plugging away at it. It was fun at first - but now I'm finding very repetitive, and it's hard for me to maintain any interest. Shame too, as I love the books...

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.