Forums

Topic: Free XBLA games for Xbox 360

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

sykotek

I've been having a blast playing the new XBLA Doritos sponsored games and wondered if anyone here was doing the same.  I figured I'd create a topic listing and detailing the free games that are currently available on Xbox Live (there's not that many) that you can download and play right away, you know, in case anyone here got a 360 for the holidays or is unfamiliar with Xbox Live Marketplace.

1) Newest Free

Crash Course

The-Download-Report-19-Doritos-Crash-Course.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuCFgaI_qEA

This is a really fun (and frustrating) Avatar game.  You control your Xbox Avatar and attempt to make your way through the course to the finish line in as little time as possible.  If you've watched shows like Ninja Warrior or Wipeout, you'll quickly understand how this game works.  For those interested, it doesn't hit you over the head with Doritos product placement or advertising.  It really is a fun game and fun to watch too.

Harms Way

harmsway.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbHTVsHQD8s

There is two parts to this game, either you choose the part of the driver who races and drifts and turbos and dodges gunfire through a course with dynamic elements and Mario Kart style pick ups or... you choose the part of the gunner shooting at the person driving from various turrets located in the stage.  This is a very well done single and multiplayer game, visually impressive as an arcade title too.  Again, they don't over emphasize or plaster Doritos ads over everything in case you're worried about that kinda thing.

2) Still Available

Aegis Wing

AegisWing_5_500.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1LcF5I5fp0

Simple, but fun single or multiplayer side scrolling shoot em up game made by a bunch of Microsoft interns a few years back and provided to you for the low price of free.  Definitely more fun with friends playing the game with you, but not a bad game in any respects.

3) Others

Hexic HD - Rotating puzzle game that comes preinstalled on all new Xbox 360 units with hard drives.

Totemball - Requires Xbox Live Vision Camera, I am unsure if it is Kinect compatible.

...and that's it, all the free games available currently for Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360.

4) Removed free titles - These games are currently unavailable for people who didn't originally download them, they have been retired from the marketplace.

Dash of Destruction - Top down Doritos sponsored game where you control either a Doritos delivery truck or a Dinosaur.  Doritos truck avoids dinosaurs and beats other trucks to delivery locations.  Dinosaurs eat trucks.

Yaris - You drive a Toyota Yaris.  There happens to be an arm sticking out of the hood of your car that shoots and you can aim the arm to shoot flying rabbits, skating toasters, mechanical spiders, surfing dogs, garbage trucks and fat luchidors on mini bikes among other things...uh, yea...

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Ravage

Thanks, I'll have to check those Doritos games out. I would have normally avoided them like the plague because I can't stand in-game advertising.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

NintendoCoDGamer
Ravage

Thanks, I'll have to check those Doritos games out. I would have normally avoided them like the plague because I can't stand in-game advertising.

I don't think there's any in-game advertising for Harm's Way except for the beginning where it gives credit to Snackstrong Productions.

Same with Crash Course. The only other piece of that would be that it's got Doritos in the game title.

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

Slapshot

I've got both of these games, so add me SlappyBoy82 if you want to play.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Xbox Gamertag: SlappyBoy82 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.