Forums

Topic: So I got an Xbox One for Christmas, but question...

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

bobbypaycheque

So like the title says, got an Xbox One for Christmas. Really enjoying it so far. It was the Assassin's Creed bundle so it came with Black Flag and Unity, and as a bonus Forza 5. On boxing day I grabbed Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and Halo MCC for really cheap. My question is what games should I be picking up in the New Year? Any suggestions welcome, I enjoy a wide variety of games. Does the system have a great RPG yet? Is Sunset Overdrive any good?

bobbypaycheque

Vincent294

Nice. Dragon Age Inquisition is a pretty good RPG from what I've heard, and there are some others. Sunset Overdrive didn't quite live up to the hype according to some people on the internet, but it has been well received regardless. As a 360 owner I can tell you MGS Ground Zeroes is good, albeit short. There are plenty of side missions to make up for it, but the meat of the game doesn't last long. The moments you do have are Metal Gear Bliss however, so if you haven't played it next gen is the way to go.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

shingi_70

If RPGs are your thing you have currently

Dragon Age Inquisition
Costume Quest
Pier Solar
Child of Light

Other games I think you should try out

Kalimba
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Super Time Force
Child of Light
Project Spark

ALso i'd say do the EA thing since there are some good games in the vault.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Xbox Gamertag: shingi the 70

Emanouel

@bobbypaycheque,

i would highly recommend DEAD RISING 3 as its a amazing open world game with co op story mode for 2 players, lots of great DLC single player stories. Honestly its one of my favourite Open world games to date, more fun the GTA 4. i haven't played GTA 5 yet.

what kind of RPGS are you looking for more JRPG or western RPGS like Mass Effect / MMOs ?

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

Anthinator

Congrats on owning an Xbox One! I'd recommend Sunset Overdrive and you can find it at a pretty good price now at retail.  You should also pick up GTA V, Killer Instinct, Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, and Far Cry 4. Just to name a few.

Anthony Bacchus,
Deputy US Editor,
Pure Xbox

Xbox Gamertag: ApartAnthinator | Twitter:

Captain_Chao5

Welcome to the Xbox One Owners Club

Others have covered many of the games I'd suggest, but if you fancy something a bit tense, try Alien Isolation and The Evil Within. I've barely played either for longer than 30 minutes without breaking into a sweat.

Must mention my 'most wanted' game of 2015 too... Batman Arkham Knight.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

SuperKMx
bobbypaycheque

So like the title says, got an Xbox One for Christmas. Really enjoying it so far. It was the Assassin's Creed bundle so it came with Black Flag and Unity, and as a bonus Forza 5. On boxing day I grabbed Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and Halo MCC for really cheap. My question is what games should I be picking up in the New Year? Any suggestions welcome, I enjoy a wide variety of games. Does the system have a great RPG yet? Is Sunset Overdrive any good?

Welcome to the Xbox One!

Dragon Age Inquisition is a great RPG, and yes, Sunset Overdrive is excellent. You should consider Forza Horizon 2 as well, I'd say.

We've got a list of reviews as long as your arm, over here:- https://www.purexbox.com/reviews/xbox-one

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Vincent294
SuperKMx
bobbypaycheque

Welcome to the Xbox One!

Dragon Age Inquisition is a great RPG, and yes, Sunset Overdrive is excellent. You should consider Forza Horizon 2 as well, I'd say.

We've got a list of reviews as long as your arm, over here:- https://www.purexbox.com/reviews/xbox-one

Almost forgot about Forza.

Vincent294

EternalDragonX

Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2  are the XB1's cream of the crop in regards to exclusives.

EternalDragonX

tylertreese
bobbypaycheque

D4 (which will be free with Gold in January!), Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2, Peggle 2, Zoo Tycoon is a lot of fun if you're into that game, Dead Rising 3, if you can rent it I'd rent Ryse and then Killer Instinct is phenomenal!

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

sorethumbed

DA Inquisition for a (minor) RPG hit.
Far Cry 4 is the best of Ubisoft's offerings (imo) at the moment. Good shooter with loads to do and fresh if you haven't played any of the other Far Cry's.
Shadow of Mordor and Wolfenstein also pretty good.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

HEADESTROYER4
bobbypaycheque

We reviewed Sunset Overdrive at 9/10 with nary a true flaw to mention, it's not an RPG per-se, it's actually a difficult game to put into one genre bracket. I'd toss in my hat and say RYSE: Son Of Rome for one of the more cinematic campaigns that's also an exclusive, it covers the hack n' slash department in high style. You'll need a racing game and a solid RPG, our staff seem to enjoy Forza Horizons 2 and we've a car club going. As for the RPG check out Shadow Of Mordor or Dragon Age: Inquisition. I haven't had the chance to play the last 3 mentioned but they're talked about in high esteem here at pX.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

tylertreese

I know a lot of people on staff are high on Sunset Overdrive but you might want to rent it first. A few people whose opinions I respect on gaming just didn't enjoy the game at all.

bobbypaycheque

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome and the great suggestions. I get that not everybody liked Sunset Overdrive but I've loved Insomniac games since the Spyro days so I will definitely be grabbing that. I'm going to put some time into Forza 5 before I make a decision on Forza Horizons 2.

Great suggestions all around. I'm really looking forward to Halo 5 and will probably be on here looking for some people to add to Xbox Live since most of my friends stuck with Playstation this generation, despite the fact they aren't really playing any exclusives on it and their controllers are falling apart.

bobbypaycheque

tylertreese
bobbypaycheque

their controllers are falling apart.

I hadn't heard of any issues with the Dualshock 4. Mine works fine :-/ Its probably my favorite controller.

HEADESTROYER4
bobbypaycheque

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome and the great suggestions. I get that not everybody liked Sunset Overdrive but I've loved Insomniac games since the Spyro days so I will definitely be grabbing that. I'm going to put some time into Forza 5 before I make a decision on Forza Horizons 2.

Great suggestions all around. I'm really looking forward to Halo 5 and will probably be on here looking for some people to add to Xbox Live since most of my friends stuck with Playstation this generation, despite the fact they aren't really playing any exclusives on it and their controllers are falling apart.

Dude, if you like Insomniac games then totally GET Sunset! It's "Ratchet and Clank on Crank"... my five word summary (my Californian came out there but I'm lazy and would rather say so than correct it) Do it up, on sale!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Gamer83

The Evil Within is pretty underrated imo. If you liked RE 4 I think you'd like TEW as well, to me it was what I hoped RE 5 would've been.

Gamer83

Vincent294
bobbypaycheque

I almost forgot about the thumbsticks. Yeah, I've heard about some of that.

Vincent294

captainhetty

Pretty much everything I would have mentioned has already been said, but wanted to add, and sorry if I'm repeating anyone here - on Live there is a deal for all the Tell Tale game season passes for £35. If you don't already own any of them, that is a fudging amazing price for hours upon hours of gaming. And it's good gaming, too. Like, amazing good.

GT - captainhetty
PSN - captain_hetty

Xbox Gamertag: captainhetty

bobbypaycheque
TylerTreese
bobbypaycheque

their controllers are falling apart.

I hadn't heard of any issues with the Dualshock 4. Mine works fine :-/ Its probably my favorite controller.

Yeah, it is pretty common for the thumb sticks to fall apart on some PS4 controllers with minimal use. I've seen it online and in person. I think for 449.99 (in Canada PS4 is more expensive than Xbox One) they should have taken better care to quality control the controllers. Even one in good condition doesn't have a great feel to me anyway, if you like it that is great man. Just doesn't fit my big fat hands terribly well at all.

bobbypaycheque

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.