Forums

Topic: Destiny DLC/Expansion

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

SuperKMx

I'm told that the new Destiny expansion is £20 and gives you three new story missions, one new strike, and one new raid. If you're on PlayStation, you get a bonus strike.

That seems a little bit...thin...for £20, if I'm honest!

What do you think? Fair price? Rip-off?

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

Three story missions and one strike seems a bit slim doesn't it? Many players are tiring of the existing content. The new raid will be interesting. They didn't call this a ten year game... oh, wait... they did.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

SuperKMx
HEADESTROYER4

Three story missions and one strike seems a bit slim doesn't it? Many players are tiring of the existing content. The new raid will be interesting. They didn't call this a ten year game... oh, wait... they did.

According to Reddit, seems a lot of folks are trying to get a refund out of Microsoft for their digital purchase of the game based on the fact that a "rich, cinematic story" was promised, and therefore they're claiming the game isn't as described.

Apparently the DLC being so light on content has triggered it. Insanity.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Emanouel

i just keep reading all this bad news on destiny and I'm kinda glad i didm't purchase it

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4
Emanouel

i just keep reading all this bad news on destiny and I'm kinda glad i didm't purchase it

I see it as more of an experiment that's half a billion in costs. If the facts Ken is reading are true then I really don't see this experiment producing positive results! Unfortunately (or, maybe fortunately?) my little brother saved up his cash and got the 99.99 edition, forcing myself to do so as well. I've certainly had a great deal of fun so far!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Emanouel

HEADESTROYER4, im also reading the $20 expansions aren't even worth it either. they don't have enough content in there. my friend who is crazy over destiny loved it at first. he played it non stop. now he's stopped playing it.

Is anyone else still enjoying destiny?? i want to get back into diablo and thats a amazing online game

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

I've pre-purchased the first two, I can't really form an opinion ?ntil after playing at least the first ones content. There is a franchise at stake yet also a precedent to be set regarding content/price in future DLC expansions.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Red620Ti

Still playing Destiny every day, Titan and Warlock at 29, Hunter at 27.  Playing with friends its still the best online game I have.  Raiding 3 times a week, nightfall strikes, weekly heroic strikes, daily heroic missions........Theres still loads to do.

As for the DLC, it does sting a bit, but based on the amount of hours of fun I've had from this game, its a price I'm happy to pay.  Buying the season pass cuts it down to a much more reasonable £17.50 ...

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

BAMozzy

I still play daily too - Level 29 Hunter, Titan and Warlock all fully maxed out (inc sub-classes) - It just won't give me the Raid armour.... I have over 800hrs game time too

I will be getting the DLC as I bought the Limited Edition and looking forward to playing it with friends

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

tylertreese
HEADESTROYER4

Ten year quote was about the series not the first game itself.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

holchasaur

I've been meaning to get back to Destiny, so I'm hoping that this DLC will end up being substantial enough to hold my attention. The grinding and repetition is what gets to me after a while. With as many games as there are currently fighting for my attention, it's hard to want to return to one that pretty much asks you to do the same thing over and over again with limited rewards. Hopefully more content will help bring Destiny to life in new ways. I really do have fun when playing with friends, I just want more options and depth.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

tylertreese
DRL

I've been meaning to get back to Destiny, so I'm hoping that this DLC will end up being substantial enough to hold my attention. The grinding and repetition is what gets to me after a while. With as many games as there are currently fighting for my attention, it's hard to want to return to one that pretty much asks you to do the same thing over and over again with limited rewards. Hopefully more content will help bring Destiny to life in new ways. I really do have fun when playing with friends, I just want more options and depth.

I heard on the latest Giant Bombcast that the new patch lets you buy the equipment you had to grind for after you reached the "cap".

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Red620Ti

You can buy materials now, like helium, spinmetal and so on.  Also they changed the way the Exotic weapons rank up, it only takes Glimmer now until the last tier when you need an Exotic shard from Xur, for 7 strange coins.  Or you can get them by breaking down other Exotics you don't want.

You still need ascendants for the Lengendaries, however.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Red620Ti
HEADESTROYER4

Thanks for sharing extreme knowledge RED!

No worries, but I have to thank Bamozzy...........Or the Encyclopedia Bamotica as we call him.  Any questions about Destiny, ask him.  Hes like Rain Man, no joke.........

"Uh oh, you brought a solar weapon on a Raid?  You're going in the book!"

BAMozzy
Red620Ti
HEADESTROYER4

Thanks for sharing extreme knowledge RED!

No worries, but I have to thank Bamozzy...........Or the Encyclopedia Bamotica as we call him.  Any questions about Destiny, ask him.  Hes like Rain Man, no joke.........

"Uh oh, you brought a solar weapon on a Raid?  You're going in the book!"

Cheers Red!! Are you trying to give me a bad reputation here as well!

Incidentally certain Solar weapons are great - namely Gjallahorn - Solar Grenades against Praetorians on Venus though....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

HEADESTROYER4

Hahaha I'll have to cruise the galaxy with you guys when this new content hits!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.