Forums

Topic: Xbox One Media Remote Review?

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Emanouel

Does anyone here own a Xbox One Media Remote and how is it for playback of blu-ray movies and for the new xbox media player? would you recommend it??

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

Emanouel

does anyone not own this device???

SuperKMx

Hey there,
  Sorry, I didn't see this topic.

I own this device and have done since about a week after it came out. It works really well for Blu-rays. Haven't tried it with the new Media Player as yet, but it works great for Netflix. I love the way it lights up when you pick it up

Also, I'm still using the same batteries that it came with, so it's managed to do about six months so far on a single set. Quite impressed with that, given that it lights up

I like it. It isn't essential by any means - but it does what it's supposed to.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Emanouel

@SuperKMx, thanks for the input regarding this device, i like the light feature that I've been reading. I just wanted to know how it worked with blu rays. i don't see the 4 coloured buttons that most blu ray remotes have.

Im assuming it works well with the media player app as well, great to hear that the batteries last a long time

SuperKMx
Emanouel

@SuperKMx, thanks for the input regarding this device, i like the light feature that I've been reading. I just wanted to know how it worked with blu rays. i don't see the 4 coloured buttons that most blu ray remotes have.

Im assuming it works well with the media player app as well, great to hear that the batteries last a long time

With regards to Blu-rays, I'd imagine that the coloured buttons would be available via the on-screen menu that appears if you press the menu button. Don't quote me on that, though - I'm just guessing here. I'm *relatively* sure that I've seen them there, but I've never needed to use them so I can't remember.

I tested it with the media player app, and with NHL Gamecenter last night, and it works really well. It essentially has the same buttons as the standard Xbox One controller. The "back" arrow maps to "B" and the big circular "select" button is "A".

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Emanouel

@SuperKMx,

Cool thanks. I might get this remote down the road. This sure beats wasting my controller batteries.

I like the light feature of this device. Seems very cool.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.