Forums

Topic: MS buys Minecraft

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Vincent294

Yup. I was surprised to hear MS is continuing development on Playstation Edition. Helps reinforce hopes that they'll handle this better than Rare. Jeb is still there as well. Whether or not Mojang is a one-hit wonder is yet to be seen.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Gamer83

Rare wasn't really MS' fault though, it was on a steady decline and losing talent when acquired. That was Nintendo playing a newcomer desperate to make a splash. I actually like what MS is doing here, for all this crap about how the company is so 'evil' (when in actuality pretty much every giant corporation including Nintendo could be perceived the same way) its doing a good thing by not locking out PS gamers and yet all the PS fanboys can do is still complain. If I'm honest, I'd rather that $2.5 bil went to building a new studio or rebuilding Rare and trying to bring it somewhat back to what it used to be, but as always it what it is, MS made a purchase in Minecraft, it sounded like Notch was burnt out, so all we can do is hope this goes well. Minecraft rakes in the dough and neither Sony nor MS would benefit from the game being pulled from PlayStation so hopefully the companies can continue to play nice as far as the current version is concerned. Now sequels or new games from the developer, it will be interesting to see what happens with those.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Vincent294
Gamer83

Rare wasn't really MS' fault though, it was on a steady decline and losing talent when acquired. That was Nintendo playing a newcomer desperate to make a splash. I actually like what MS is doing here, for all this crap about how the company is so 'evil' (when in actuality pretty much every giant corporation including Nintendo could be perceived the same way) its doing a good thing by not locking out PS gamers and yet all the PS fanboys can do is still complain. If I'm honest, I'd rather that $2.5 bil went to building a new studio or rebuilding Rare and trying to bring it somewhat back to what it used to be, but as always it what it is, MS made a purchase in Minecraft, it sounded like Notch was burnt out, so all we can do is hope this goes well. Minecraft rakes in the dough and neither Sony nor MS would benefit from the game being pulled from PlayStation so hopefully the companies can continue to play nice as far as the current version is concerned. Now sequels or new games from the developer, it will be interesting to see what happens with those.

Yep. Rare was already going downhill but you'd think they would've done something more to fix it. Regardless, Mojang looks good for the time being, but what they do next I have no idea. And those PS fanboys, all I could do was laugh at them. They're continuing PS support and they still complain. Fanboys...

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.