Forums

Topic: ADVICE PLEASE - should i keep my xbox one?

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

SethPuddle

Today i decided to sell my xbox one, maybe. i can't think of many good reasons to keep it. the only game i play on it is titanfall. i was thinking about selling it to fund my ps4 games for the year, but i'm torn on if i should sell it or not. i can afford to get all the games i need, money is not the issue here, it's if the xb1 is worth keeping. i'm not a fan of halo, so the new halo is no reason for me to keep it. sunset overdrive looks fun, but not a deal breaker. i would love advice on the subject.

SethPuddle

Xbox Gamertag: HURTxANDxVIRTUE

Tasuki

Well since money is not an issue in the end it all comes down to one factor

1)  Do you have enough room for it/Or dont mind the clutter?

I mean if its just taking up space that you dont have, (i.e. you live in something like a college dorm or a studio aparatment) or it will drive you nuts just having the system sit there unused then then all means sell it.

Other then that I dont see a reason to get rid of it.  I mean you have it right?  You might as well keep it just in case something does come out in the future that you really really want to play.  The system is not even a year old so I am sure they will be something at some point in its lifespan that you will want to play.

Unless you need the money or room then you might as well keep it.

I mean I still have all my consoles from back in the day even though they dont make games for them anymore.  I traded in a console once before and regretted it big time a few years later.  Now I will never trade in a console.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Gamer83

I'd say of all the consoles the X1 has the best upcoming lineup but the truth is only you can answer this question. If games like Halo, Forza, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Spark, Crackdown, etc. don't pique your interest and you plan on using the PS4 for the mutliplats anyway, then maybe you should sell it, if you can find a good deal. I realized with the Wii U, eventhough it has a lot of good games on the way, none are ones that personally interest me so I sold it to put the money together for an X1. I don't usually recommend selling consoles but if you truly aren't happy with it, gotta do what you think is best.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

mamp

What @Gamer83 said. I mean if you feel like you truly won't put to any use then get rid of it. Might as well buy games for a console you will use.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

SethPuddle

it's a hard choice, it really is.......especially since i just saw the trailer for scalebound just now.......epic. i'm just torn, what @Tasuki said, money isn't the issue, and space isnt the issue either, i have the system so i should just keep it. but i can't help but feel the xb1 will apply to me more in a year or two, right now it's just not what i'm looking for, you can only play so much titanfall. and thanks for the advice everyone, i hate making decisions like this alone, it's nice to have other gamers weigh in.

SethPuddle

Xbox Gamertag: HURTxANDxVIRTUE

Tasuki

@Gamer83:  Rise of the Tomb Raider will be coming to PS4 so thats not a big deal breaker.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Gamer83
Tasuki

@Gamer83:  Rise of the Tomb Raider will be coming to PS4 so thats not a big deal breaker.

I don't really want to derail this thread and get it off topic, I'll just say reading into the wording of some of the interviews, I think some doubt can still be cast upon a PS4 and PS3 release. PC will get it for sure, when is the only question, but going off the quotes, this could be a deal like MS had with EA for Titanfall, which was also initially believed to be just timed exclusive. Until RotTR is officially announced for PS4, it's best to go on the belief it does not and will not exist. We can start another thread to debate this but I think we're all tired of talking about it so to get this back on topic... Good luck with your decision @SunnyShores.

Gamer83

Emanouel

@SunnyShores,

I had a PS4 and i sold it for a XBOX One. here are a few cons i didn't like about the PS4, which made me switch.

1. Controller Battery Life (6-7 Hours at low light setting) vs around 40 Hours on Xbox One controller
2. No external hard drive support, i was at 60% full on my PS4. i did not want to spend $150 on a 1.5TB to replace a 0.5TB drive. thus paying 150 for a extra 1TB which will get full again. now on my XBOX One i got a 3TB external with only 9% used up.
3. The controller batteries don't hold a charge after a few weeks of no use, when my friends would come over the controller would be dead.

I know the PS4 is more superior hardware, but at the time those flaws just annoy me too much. i get one later on when they fix the controllers and have external Hard drive support

If you are cool with those flaws i mentioned, then go for a PS4.

Edited on by Emanouel

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

SuperKMx
SunnyShores

Today i decided to sell my xbox one, maybe. i can't think of many good reasons to keep it. the only game i play on it is titanfall. i was thinking about selling it to fund my ps4 games for the year, but i'm torn on if i should sell it or not. i can afford to get all the games i need, money is not the issue here, it's if the xb1 is worth keeping. i'm not a fan of halo, so the new halo is no reason for me to keep it. sunset overdrive looks fun, but not a deal breaker. i would love advice on the subject.

Nobody can really advise you on this situation. You kinda have to go with what you feel in your heart. If you don't see anything on the Xbox One lineup that would draw you in, but you want to fund a bunch of PS4 games that you like the look of - go for it! Do whatever makes you enjoy your gaming more.

In my experience - and I can only speak for me - I've regretted almost every time I've gotten rid of a current-gen console. I ditched my PS3 a couple of weeks after launch as I think I felt the same way about it as you do about the Xbox One, and ended up having to buy another one a few months later when more games appeared for it. I seem to remember doing it with the N64 as well, when I wanted to fund some PSOne titles...then realised that I was missing out on some great N64 games.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

sinalefa

Well, if money is not an issue, then you can fund your PS4 games without selling the One. I would advise you to wait a bit longer. Scalebound is actually the game that has me torn between getting a One instead of a PS4, but I want to wait till both consoles have more exclusives before I decide.

Right now my Wii U, PS3 and 3DS keep me very busy and satisfied, so I can take my time.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

TheHeroOfLegend

Honestly, I think you should, the Xbox One is getting so many amazing games later in the year and it's going to be exciting!

Edited on by TheHeroOfLegend

I tip le fedora to ye

HEADESTROYER4

As Microsoft says... "Games, games, games!"

There is a horde of titles hitting XB1 this holiday season and beyond that, which we KNOW of. I also strongly believe that Microsoft's Azure cloud power will play more and more into titles as we've seen with Titanfall and will see in Crackdown. As SuperKMx said, it all really depends on what games you're looking forward to, and in my mind, what your friends are gaming on?

In any case you'll always find friends here, or at PushSquare should you decide to make the switch

Edited on by HEADESTROYER4

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84

You always regret selling your consoles, I should know.

I sold DS and PSP, regretted that when certain titles launched. You could probably sell it, but when those specific titles come a knockin that is when you will cave. But do what you want, that's the key.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

heyzeus002

In the words of some famous song, you don't know what you've got till its gone. If cash isn't an issue then keep it I would say. I was kind of in the same boat as yourself as I have all 3 next gen machines and I was close to getting rid of the xbone but decided against it (I had it packed and ready to go) at the last minute and glad I did but like others have said only you can decide but I will say this, the fact that you've come on here and posted a topicsuggests to me that you probably would regret it at some stage and possibly buy it again anyway so I would say stick especially if like you said money isn't the main motivator..

Psn: heyzeus002
3ds: 1848 1730 6157
Nnid: kunheyzeus

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.