Forums

Topic: What are you listening to?

Posts 61 to 80 of 184

SuperKMx

I've just picked up the "For Now" and "Becoming" EPs by a band called Courage My Love. Really great stuff. The track "Bridges" is a boomer.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Vincent294

MF by AWOLNATION, We Are Not Good People by Bloc Party, & Defriended by Beck.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Vincent294

Now I know I'm not supposed to revive old threads, but this one I'll make an exception for. First off, damn has my taste in music changed. Junior year's almost here, and I feel like I'm peaking in maturity. I'm less cynical, not as crass, and more intellectual. I'm still a procrastinator though. That AP Bio homework's still sitting at about 5% completion. I gotta get on that soon. Anyways, time to make a few recommendations.

First off, time to pay thanks to all the people who introduced me to some of my newfound favorites. Thank you whoever picks the music out at my local Ruby Tuesday for reminding me of how much I needed to get New Beat by Toro y Moi. Thank you random reviewer reviewing Ghost Story for recommending Andrew Belle to me, he's great! Thank you Maroon 5 for recovering from Overexposed, Maps and Animal have me pumped for their next album V. And thank you Time for introducing me to Benjamin Booker, quenching my thirst for rock music alongside Linkin Park. Now that that's over, here are my other recommendations:
[list=*]
[*]I Never Learn by Lykke Li[/*]
[*]Sad Machine by Porter Robinson[/*]
[*]More Lenny Kravitz, you can never go wrong with the classics[/*]
[*]Entanglement by Imogen Heap[/*]
[*]Do You by Spoon[/*]
[*]Borderlines and Aliens by Grouplove[/*]
[*]Dan Croll, if the Baardsen remix of From Nowhere can't convince you, then I don't know what can[/*]
[*]Every Other Freckle by Alt-J[/*]
[*]Sometimes Life Isn't Easy by Mew[/*]
[*]Songs About Angels by Fences[/*]
[*]Midnight by Coldplay, it's a shame that half the people on iTunes check out their new album to only buy A Sky Full of Stars, when tracks like Midnight, True Love, and Another's Arms are way better. If you get the deluxe CD you even get All Your Friends and a couple other tracks.[/*]
[*]While 1<2 by Deadmau5, great album[/*]
[/list]

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

SuperKMx

Deadmau5's While 1<2 is a REAL cool album

Ken Barnes,

Vincent294
SuperKMx

Deadmau5's While 1<2 is a REAL cool album

I know, it's so well done. I was on YouTube and some guy was like "Did I just hear Trent fucking Reznor on this album?" Some people didn't like the flourishes of piano and acoustic guitar on the album, but I even liked the songs that were outright classical or alternative like Superbia and Monday. Can't recommend that one enough.

Vincent294

Vincent294

Listen to Leaving California on iTunes Radio or the leak on YouTube. I'm definitely getting V on September 2nd. Maroon 5 made some good pop rock, arguably album of the year. V more than makes up for Overexposed being too poppy and shallow at times. Its lyrics are deeper and the sound is richer.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

SuperKMx

I have been pulled into Fall Out Boy's last album again. "The Phoenix" is currently swimming around my brain all damn day.

Ken Barnes,

Vincent294
SuperKMx

I have been pulled into Fall Out Boy's last album again. "The Phoenix" is currently swimming around my brain all damn day.

That one, I remember that. It has some good songs.

Vincent294

Vincent294

I made a compilation of my favorite video game soundtrack music. Enjoy

Vincent294

holchasaur

Albums I'm currently listening to:

"Hang" by Lagwagon
"Growing In" by I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business
"Partycrasher" by A Wilhelm Scream

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

Vincent294
DRL

Albums I'm currently listening to:

"Hang" by Lagwagon
"Growing In" by I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business
"Partycrasher" by A Wilhelm Scream

Always good to see people listening to albums. It seems some have forgotten how good those are.

Vincent294

SuperKMx

Currently listening to:-

"Just Between Us" by Avenue of The Giants
"From Death to Destiny" by Asking Alexandria
and "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis.

Ken Barnes,

HEADESTROYER4

I'm listening to the Black Keys catalogue as I missed a planned concert one week ago in Winnipeg, it was lame but for the greater good. My Dad Skyped the entire audio and after that, it was all the much less painful!

Edit: Since our editor Ken HAD to bring Mr. Miles Davis' most jazzy record up... count that in as well!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

tylertreese

Run the Jewels 2. How can you be listening to anything else?

It is the best.

Edited on by tylertreese

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

holchasaur

Test driving the new Foo Fighters album. Lots of things I like about it so far, but I'd say that overall I'm slightly underwhelmed. I can't get past a lot of the cheesy/predictable/cliched lyrics (not that the Foos ever really excel in this area). I do, however, like that the song structures don't feel as formulaic as they did on Wasting Light. That's a big positive.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

crippyd

Some classic guns n roses from their double live cd. Fantastic songs from appetite for destruction, lies and the use your illusion albums. Fantastic tunes.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Vincent294

TV on the Radio has some good stuff, especially Could You and Test Pilot.

Vincent294

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.