Forums

Topic: New Xbox One Owner Right Here!

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

Gamer83

I think if EA makes an MLB game it will be MVP, which I'd definitely buy.

Gamer83

Emanouel

@Gamer83, you are right, MVP was there newest baseball IP after they stopped with the triple play brand

@SuperKMx, i didn't know RBI baseball wasn't good, i know it looked dated. heck the home run derby could not be that bad too can it?? i guess you are right about the demo not helping, i wonder if it was priced at $ 5.00 if it would be worth it. I guess we can hope for a new EA baseball game come spring 2015.

Edited on by Emanouel

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

Gamer83

@Emanouel and anybody else, just got  my Xbox One and renewed my Gold sub. GT is NYYanks3621. I'm already friends with some people here but I'm looking to add more. I don't think I have any of the writers from the site on my friend list, so Ken and Dave, send a friend invite. And anybody who sends one just let me know who it's from. Thanks.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Emanouel

@Gamer83, i just added you to my friends list. do you have diablo 3 ? I'm looking for people who are playing diablo. lately there have been issues with the servers. once they are fixed I'll be happy to play online

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

Gamer83

@Emanouel

Sorry, not really into games like Diablo, I checked 3 out on my friend's PS4 and just couldn't really get into it. I will however be playing the heck out of Forza Horizon 2 and the Master Chief Collection when those are released. Thought there was a chance I might be playing a ton of Madden but I don't know, I'm finding the game kind of 'eh.' It's not bad but it's just the same old, same old and I'm not nearly as big a Madden player as I used to be. Free game though so I can't complain.

Also, now that I've got to use it I can see why others like the system so much. Seems like it moves a little slower than PS4 in some aspects but performs much better in others. The store for example is integrated a lot better in the Xbox One and that's huge for somebody like me who can be prone to impulse digital buys if there's a good sale. Sony has already missed some because for whatever reason, maybe it's just my PS4, the store is very inconsistent. Sometimes all I get is a blue screen then I have to back out and wait for pretty much everything to load again. I'm not surprised the store is better on MS' console though, it was the same last gen as well.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

SuperKMx
Gamer83

Sony has already missed some because for whatever reason, maybe it's just my PS4, the store is very inconsistent. Sometimes all I get is a blue screen then I have to back out and wait for pretty much everything to load again.

Yeah, I get that as well at times. Sometimes it takes me three or four attempts to get the store to actually load on PS4. Shame, as the rest of the PS4 interface is really nice, I think.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Gamer83
SuperKMx
Gamer83

Sony has already missed some because for whatever reason, maybe it's just my PS4, the store is very inconsistent. Sometimes all I get is a blue screen then I have to back out and wait for pretty much everything to load again.

Yeah, I get that as well at times. Sometimes it takes me three or four attempts to get the store to actually load on PS4. Shame, as the rest of the PS4 interface is really nice, I think.

I'm not really into the design side of things, do you have any idea what the issue might be? Could it just be a matter of the time of day and servers being overloaded?

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Tasuki

I get that too usually I just turn off the PS4 wait 30 seconds and turn it back on and its fine.  Hopefully today's maintenance will fix that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Gamer83
Tasuki

I get that too usually I just turn off the PS4 wait 30 seconds and turn it back on and its fine.  Hopefully today's maintenance will fix that.

Yeah, I was doing that for a while but then I got concerned about turning it on and off too frequently. Usually what happens is I have to back out and wait any where from 5 minutes to a half hour for it to reload. It's not a huge deal but like Ken said it is a bit disappointing because otherwise the PS4 UI is pretty solid. I wish they would have integrated the store more into system like MS does with the Xbox consoles but at the same time, online stuff is what MS does. Sony's improved but is still quite a ways behind.

Gamer83

SuperKMx
Gamer83

Sony's improved but is still quite a ways behind.

I'd agree with that for sure. I think they're going to have to do SOMETHING about the way games are laid out. Right now I've got maybe ten games installed, and scrolling through them is annoying. When I've had the system for a couple of years and have 40 or 50 games installed, it's going to be a nightmare!

The Xbox One will be similar, but at least more games are visible at a time. The PS4 interface is reminding me of the "My Games" list on the Xbox 360 at the moment.

They'll sort it out. Just needs a bit of thought and time is all.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Tasuki

Yeah I love the look of the UI but I agree with @SuperKMx, I hate how the games and apps and stuff are laid out, I wish I can organize them in some way.  Drives me nuts when I see Resogun for example then the icon for video apps then the icon for the browser then AC IV icon etc.  Man it bugs me just thinking about it lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Gamer83
SuperKMx
Gamer83

Sony's improved but is still quite a ways behind.

I'd agree with that for sure. I think they're going to have to do SOMETHING about the way games are laid out. Right now I've got maybe ten games installed, and scrolling through them is annoying. When I've had the system for a couple of years and have 40 or 50 games installed, it's going to be a nightmare!

The Xbox One will be similar, but at least more games are visible at a time. The PS4 interface is reminding me of the "My Games" list on the Xbox 360 at the moment.

They'll sort it out. Just needs a bit of thought and time is all.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be looked at. I've got probably 10+ games and feel the same as you about scrolling through them. Don't know if there's an ideal solution though.

Gamer83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.