Forums

Topic: Too many next gen ports?

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

WayneDavies89

We recently reported that the Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition is coming to Xbox One and PS4 in October.

It's the latest in a long line of ports and remasters since the current generation began and there are plenty still to come. Though most of these games are very good and worth playing on any platform, do you think this "Definitive Edition" phase is going too far and too many are hitting store shelves instead of new titles?

What do you think?

Edited on by WayneDavies89

Wayne Davies
Staff Writer,
Push Square

Twitter: https://twitter.com/waynedavies89
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/WayneDavies89

Xbox Gamertag: waynedavies89 | Twitter:

Emanouel

I don't mind the Ports if
1. They are done right and add value like DLC to the game
2. If the price makes sense, paying full price for 1 game isn't cool

Id rather have a Few HD ports while waiting on bigger games to arrive it gives us something to play.

Ive never played a Tomb Raider game, and I honestly had a blast with Tomb Raider on XBOX One. Games dev prices have been increasing over the years a few HD remakes will help the studios to raise capital to invest into sequels. Because of that ill be more then willing to grab a few Remakes

Im looking forward to the Metro Redux pack i never played the two games so this will be new to me.

Here are the ports I'm looking forward to, not in any order

Metro Redux
Diablo 3 (Been waiting forever for this game)
Halo Master Chef Collection

(Wishful Thinking)
Gears Of War Collection
Mass Effect Collection
Batman Arkham
Mega Man / Megaman X series all in one nice package.
Master Chef Collection 2 (Halo Wars, OSDT, Halo Reach)

Edited on by Emanouel

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

Gamer83

Way too many. I don't mind re-releases if they happen near the end of the generation or even if it's just an odd one at the start of a gen like REmake for Gamecube. But what's going on right now is absurd. Between Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Halo, GTA V and now Sleeping Dogs and, ironically, REmake... That's enough 'Remasters' or 'Definitive Editions' to last an entire generation. But I know we're in for more, much, much more. Can't wait to see what crap Sony, Square, Capcom and Konami pull out of their behinds. I'm sure Uncharted is up next, probably a late fall 2015 when we should be getting Uncharted 4 instead but Sony hasn't been prepared well for this gen at all. At least after Halo, I can't really see MS 'remastering' anything. At least not in 2015 anyway. Maybe a Gears 1-3 collection but I don't think that would happen for a while.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Emanouel

Sony isn't focusing on remasters as they are trying to MILK the PS Now customers for streaming games. The prices are too expense and aren't worth it. Sony is going after the iOS and android markets while abandoning the Vita. I loved my Vita, but i sold it due to sony is starting to phase out the device.

They want the 20+ millions of ios/android users to purchase a dual shock 3 or 4 controller and sign up for the service to stream games to the host device while using the controller to play.

I would love to see Microsoft remaster Gears of War, too bad they don't own the mass effect IP

HEADESTROYER4

It seems (to me) that we are dealing with an unwillingness or inability to purchase the newer XB1 and as such a smaller market. It also seems (to me) that this trend is on it's way to ending. Publishers have made the case that the "Last gen is over!"... As I believe it should be?

Back me up here or dispute my rhetoric!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

SuperKMx

Publishers are making the case that last gen is over, sure, but there's still a good number of cross-generational titles being released or announced. It'll be the end of next year before we see that die off.

I really don't mind about remasters, if they're good ports and good games to begin with.

Sleeping Dogs, for me, is a bit long in the tooth. It wasn't particularly impressive - although I know some who loved it - or original. The original release timing put it in the middle of a bunch of big-name titles, so it got lost in the crowd and didn't get the coverage that it should have done. I think that's why they're re-releasing it - so that they can essentially get a second attempt at convincing people to buy the premise. It isn't for established fans, in my view.

If Microsoft could crack on and bring me a remaster of Kung Fu Chaos from the original Xbox, that'd be great.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Emanouel

Id love to see a remaster of Mech Assault both part 1 and 2.

I do think XBOX needs to get some type of RPG game ported to help it stand out in Japan, and the best game would be Phantasy Star Online 2. Heck they could get a Monster Hunter game.

sinalefa

I do agree there are too many. I want to see new stuff, and this is one reason I only have a Wii U and not one of the others. My PS3 runs all these games, not as pretty but I am not into graphics that much anyway.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Ubiquitous_Doom
SuperKMx

If Microsoft could crack on and bring me a remaster of Kung Fu Chaos from the original Xbox, that'd be great.

My goodness, Ken! I though no one else knew of that greatness. I loved how ridiculous the plots were for each film and I would totally love to see this return, it would make for some great moments to record.

Just Add Monsters is now Ninja Theory, right? I wonder who owns the rights to Kung Fu Chaos?

As for the new-gen ports, I feel like they are fine if they actually add meaningful features and stuff or collect games together that are no longer easy to play; The Master Chief Collection is the perfect example because Halo 1 and 2 are on the original Xbox so most people won't play them now, if they haven't already so I think the MCC is a great idea that goes above and beyond and is a fantastic example of how fan service should be done.

I am also happy to get Sleeping Dogs again because it is supposed to have new additions on top of the graphical improvements. Also, since the original game had such a troubled development, I'm happy to help fund the Triad Wars sequel

Contributor,
Pure Xbox
Our Creed teaches us to be wise.
Sometimes for things to change, people have to die.
Knowledge is Power.

Xbox Gamertag: Ubiquitous Doom | Twitter:

TOMBOY25
Ubiquitous_Doom
SuperKMx

My goodness, Ken! I though no one else knew of that greatness. I loved how ridiculous the plots were for each film and I would totally love to see this return, it would make for some great moments to record.

Just Add Monsters is now Ninja Theory, right? I wonder who owns the rights to Kung Fu Chaos?

As for the new-gen ports, I feel like they are fine if they actually add meaningful features and stuff or collect games together that are no longer easy to play; The Master Chief Collection is the perfect example because Halo 1 and 2 are on the original Xbox so most people won't play them now, if they haven't already so I think the MCC is a great idea that goes above and beyond and is a fantastic example of how fan service should be done.

I am also happy to get Sleeping Dogs again because it is supposed to have new additions on top of the graphical improvements. Also, since the original game had such a troubled development, I'm happy to help fund the Triad Wars sequel

oh god i love kung fu chaos playing as ninja fu hiya "too fast for you"

TOMBOY25

Xbox Gamertag: TOMBOY25

SuperKMx

Outstanding game...makes me want to drag my old Xbox out of the garage to give it a spin again.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.