Forums

Topic: New Xbox One Owner Right Here!

Posts 1 to 20 of 32

ZyroXZ2

Hello, everyone!  I'm a new owner of a shiny Xbox One!  There's really one primary reason I picked the Xbox One over the PS4: the exclusives.  Not because the exclusives are better (necessarily, as that's generally a matter of opinion), but because this will be my FIRST Microsoft console!

I never played the Halo franchise nor the Forza franchise, despite tasting the first Gears of War on PC.  With the announcement of the 'Halo: Master Chief Collection' coming in November, I recognized the Xbox One as the perfect time to jump in, as I'll be able to catch up on that franchise immediately.  Additionally, not only did Gran Turismo 6 sorely disappoint me (I categorize GT6 as truly a rehash of GT5), but Top Gear UK is my #1 favorite TV show of all time.  When I looked to other "simulator" style racing games after my disappointment, and saw that Forza Motorsport 5 is basically endorsed (hosted) by Top Gear UK, it made my move from GT to Forza an easy pill to swallow.

My first impressions of the system are lukewarm.  I prefer to save energy, so I set the system to completely shut off when turned off, which results in quite a long boot up time.  People complaining about the Wii U startup being slow clearly don't own an Xbox One, lol... When tested in standby mode for "Instant On", it's cool, but the power supply brick fan stays on in standby, and that just bothers me to no end (of course along with the constant power draw).  The controller itself doesn't top the Wii U Pro controller, but definitely feels superior to the PS4's DS4.  I DID, however, have to exchange the controller within 2 days of owning the system because the left stick started to "pop" (a common symptom as I found out) because of a clip that can come loose, but I took it to a Microsoft Store and walked out with an exchanged unit in mere minutes, and the new controller is serving me much better!  I did buy the proper Torx screwdriver with the security keyhole so I can fix it myself if it starts "popping" after the 90 day warranty is up (accessories only get a 90 day warranty, what is with THAT!?).

Having said all that, since this is my first Microsoft console, I could use some XBL buddies!  Feel free to add me, as I have the same username: ZyroXZ2!

TL;DR - My first Microsoft console, got it primarily for exclusives.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Twitter:

TOMBOY25

Added you and welcome to xbox and the site.

Unfortunately it can be quite quiet around here (until a competition starts then everyone comes outta nowhere lol) but it should hopefully pickup around the time of new releases with people looking to play together.

Edited on by TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25

Xbox Gamertag: TOMBOY25

ZyroXZ2

I noticed it was a bit slow around here, and posted about this on the main site I frequent (NintendoLife), but they pointed me over here anyway

And thanks, looking forward to some new online gaming buddies!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Twitter:

Vincent294

Nice. Halo is a great franchise, hope you have fun with The Master Chief Collection. I have a 360 sadly. Wii U is nice too, that controller...

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Emanouel

welcome to the xbox one. i had a ps4 and i hated it. the DS4 controller battery is horrible doesn't last longer then 7-8 hours. on the xbox one play and charge i get 2 weeks of use out of it (40 Hours Approx) as i play a few hours each day.
My other issue with the ps4 is no external hard drive, which means I'm forced to get a internal 1.5TB. the 1.5 TB is only a gain of 1TB as you have to remove the .5TB so for $130 just for a 1TB gain doesn't seem worth it. for the xbox one i got the 3TB 7200RPM hard drive and a external closure for under $160.

My favourite exclusive on the X1 is still DEAD Rising 3. its a really great game i highly recommend it, i've put in over 40+ hours into that game and I'm still enjoying playing it from time to time. I haven't gotten the DLC for it. I Then got hooked on Tomb Raider, another great game by the way. i know its a 3rd party game. But its a prefect example of a ps3/360 port done right on the XBOX One. 

Another cool game is Ryse, the graphics are amazing, even though the game is short its still enjoyable for a few hours.

I wasn't too impressed by killer instinct that much, then again I'm not a big fan of the series. On the PS4 my favourite game was Injustice, i know its timed exclusive and I'm sure its coming out to xbox one this fall.

Regarding the instant on vs stand by. I have the system mostly on stand by but when i need to download a big game over night i leave it on instant on.

I can add you to my friend list, what games do you have or plan on getting for online play?? i highly suggest dead rising 3.

my gamer tag is Mr Chimps 2008. add me as well

Edited on by Emanouel

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

SuperKMx

Well hello! Welcome to the Xbox One, and to PureXbox.com

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

@ZyroXZ2

I envy you my friend!

Playing through the whole "Chief Collection" will be a BLAST! Especially if you've never the campaigns before!

(I envy you even more!)

Feel free to add me, I play EVERYTHING(

Edited on by HEADESTROYER4

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

Yeah that "Left-POP" thing got allot of initial consoles BUT not as bad as the red lights way back when!

Glad you got yours replaced!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

ZyroXZ2

Thanks for the welcome!

I posted a video of my first impressions of the Destiny Beta since I played it on the Xbox One.  I'm a little lukewarm on the game, but since it's such a BIG deal, I'll be checking out the final game of course, lol

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Twitter:

SuperKMx
Emanouel

welcome to the xbox one. i had a ps4 and i hated it. the DS4 controller battery is horrible doesn't last longer then 7-8 hours. on the xbox one play and charge i get 2 weeks of use out of it (40 Hours Approx) as i play a few hours each day.

See, I'm getting the other way around! My PS4 controllers hold a charge for days, but I have three Xbox One controllers in rotation because they keep losing charge! I get maybe 8 hours out of them. I think I might have got hold of a bad batch of Play 'n Charge kits or something...

Ken Barnes,

Gamer83

I'll be joining the Xbox One family (finally) in a couple weeks when my Madden 15 bundle arrives. I'll post my gamertag then after I re-up my Gold account, hopefully some of you will add me and we can get together for some games of Killer Instinct and of course Halo 2 when it comes out. I'm an easy opponent so you guys will up your Win-Loss records or K/D ratios.

Gamer83

Tasuki
SuperKMx
Emanouel

See, I'm getting the other way around! My PS4 controllers hold a charge for days, but I have three Xbox One controllers in rotation because they keep losing charge! I get maybe 8 hours out of them. I think I might have got hold of a bad batch of Play 'n Charge kits or something...

I dont know I guess it depends on what you are doing.  I have had PS4 controllers last for days but mainly if I was using only netflix or occasionally playing a game on it. Now when my son and I go on a PS4 bender we have the controllers last sometimes for up to 10 hours.  Of course if one should die the PS4 is not far from the sofa so we can plug it in to keep playing even longer.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Emanouel

@SuperKMx, thats strange as two of my xbox one controllers have play and charge and they last a very long time. I do charge the controllers via a  powered USB hub from sony that was sold during the early PS3 days. Even if i don't use the xbox one controller for 2-3 weeks it still holds a charge, while on the ps4 they would hardly last when i had guests over the controllers would be drained.

how long do your play and charge batteries last?? I always use the headphones with my controllers so I'm aware that has a effect on the life but I'm getting around 40 hours with each xbox one controller. i've yet to try the envelop batteries on them to see how they handle.

Now if sony allowed you to turn off the light on the controller as well as disable the touchpad from draining power then i can see how they could push the power to close to 25 hours.

@Tasuki, most controllers usually turn off after a while of no activity, so i don't see netflix draining that much power from the controller.

At the end it was just a matter of preference for me to switch over. the ps4 is a powerful console ill give it that, but I'm hating what the did to the dual shock 4.

- Used a less power battery compared to the Dual shock 3, yet the dual shock 4 has more power requirements so you would figure a stronger more powerful battery.
- that annoying led light that will never turn off
- can't disable / turn on the touch pad, don't see much use for it to be honest yet it drains power just waiting for input.

Emanouel

@Gamer83, welcome to the club.  I would highly recommend you try out Dead Rising 3 for the Xbox One, its one of my favourite games on the console.  Killer Instinct is a good fighting game, i still prefer Injustice to it, hoping to see it come to xbox one as a ultimate edition.  Im hoping to see WWE2K15 in action and hoping it plats better then 2k14 and the previews pics look cool.

Gamer83

@Emanouel

Thanks.

I honestly never really got into Dead Rising 1 or 2 but after I re-up my Gold membership if I ever see 3 on a decent sale I will take your advice, it does look a little more up my alley than the first two. When I first get the system though it will be mostly Madden and KI. Been a few years since I last played Madden, I'm hoping this one is good.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Emanouel

@Gamer83, there is a demo for dead rising 3, give that a go and see how you like it. Honestly part 3 is better then 1 and 2.  I haven't played a Madden game in ages, I'm playing Madden 14 via the EA Access program where you pay $ 30 yearly to get access to older EA games on XBOX One. Its been well worth it for me. I finally played a Battlefield game for the first time and I had a blast with the single player, i don't play online pvp i prefer co-op. That brings me back to Dead Rising 3 as you can play the entire game after chapter 0 with online co-op which makes it more fun.

I was really impressed with the presentation in Madden 14, it was a lot better then what was in NHL 14. I just wish EA would bring back BASEBALL.

feel free to add me gamer tag: Mr Chimps 2008. I usually play at night time.

SuperKMx
Emanouel

I was really impressed with the presentation in Madden 14, it was a lot better then what was in NHL 14. I just wish EA would bring back BASEBALL.

Agreed! We need at least one baseball game on Xbox One, for sure.

Ken Barnes,

Emanouel

@SuperKMx, maybe EA has a Triple Play baseball game in the works. I don't see Take 2 releasing a full baseball game for a while. I skipped on RBI Baseball. If they had a demo i would have given it a chance.

SuperKMx
Emanouel

@SuperKMx, maybe EA has a Triple Play baseball game in the works. I don't see Take 2 releasing a full baseball game for a while. I skipped on RBI Baseball. If they had a demo i would have given it a chance.

RBI Baseball wasn't good, unfortunately. I think a demo would have made it MORE likely that you'd skip it!

Tripe Play on Xbox One? Now THAT I could get behind!

Ken Barnes,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.