Forums

Topic: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition

Posts 21 to 40 of 85

Kaeobais

Not exactly complex, but the entrance to a castle I made featured a long staircase, of which all the steps were attached to sticky pistons on their sides. A switch at the top caused the staircase to open up, dropping anyone on it into lava. It was a fairly decent defense.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Vincent294

I'll post my new stone generator soon. It runs @ about 100 BPM (I really tested it this time. My old equation to find the BPM doesn't take all factors into account & was about double the actual BPM embarrassingly) & is more compact, etc. I'm trying to make some nice houses, plan on constructing a massive city, make a hedge maze, possibly make a 2nd obstacle course (try making one, they're fun), & I'm planning a big renovation to my home. Spring break lets me do a lot in Minecraft. You should also watch Etho play Legendary in Minecraft. It's very entertaining, especially w/ Vechs's diabolical map designs.

Kaeobais

Not exactly complex, but the entrance to a castle I made featured a long staircase, of which all the steps were attached to sticky pistons on their sides. A switch at the top caused the staircase to open up, dropping anyone on it into lava. It was a fairly decent defense.

Nice. I've always wanted to make a retracting bridge / staircase.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Pixelrobin

I think the best redstone contraption I made was a standard looking house with a door activated by a pressure plate. Except that there was tnt under it. It was designed to blow up in your face but not to kill you. and it was also designed that all the tnt blocks would go off at once to reduce lag.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Vincent294

I recently moved around some stuff in my skyscraper & found myself w/ an empty room on the 6th floor. I decided to convert it into a recreational facility (like the battle arena on the 4th floor & the music room / living room on the 5th floor). I made the most out of the 10 X 10 (3 tall) room & made it into a game room. It has a 2-block-high interior wall around a fire pit w/ 4 entrances. The horizontal ones are different; the one on the left is a one-way entrance into the center w/ water in the outer hall leading to a pressure plate that activates an iron door. The other has a downward-facing piston above the passageway w/ a lever on each side to close the entrance. Everyone plays a game where they're unarmed hunting down someone donning a pumpkin on their head, hence the name I gave it, Pumpkin Head. The person wearing it has a leather tunic & a bow w/ 16 arrows to help balance it out. I also made an obstacle course a while back. Do you have any good recreational areas / activities in Minecraft or any ideas for some?

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

The new update on the Xbox 360 is out & I love it. It has quite a few bug fixes + music in the End & Nether. The End is really cool from what I've seen. My favorite new feature is the Nether Reset option makes your Nether like it was before, but w/ a Nether Fortress added if it wasn't there already. I've been able to make potions in my main world, which had an old Nether. I wouldn't mind seeing a similar option for certain parts of the overworld (make a Nether Portal-like monument in 4 chunks to make a square) so we can get strongholds & villages in the future, though it's unlikely. It loads a lot faster too. Ladders are a little weird now, which might be a glitch, and my brother has issues w/ TNT causing the game to get stuck at 0 FPS in creative mode, so it does have some issues. I've also heard some people have trouble accessing old saves, though I'm doing fine. All the new blocks are really cool, so I hope they keep up the good work.

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

can you post some pictures of your skyscraper?

Vincent294

Yeah. It's been under constant renovation w/ numbered increments aimed at certain improvements (plans for my 4.6 renovation redesigned & expanded the balcony farms, remodeled the guest quarters, redesigned the utilities room, & remodeled the greenhouse. 4.7 added a game room, & gave the exterior a major facelift. 4.9 improved the secret underground bunker's security [accessed in a secret entrance], remodeled the storage room, utilities room, & the rec room. 5.0 is adding a brewing area). It's paid off well. I plan to take & post some pictures of my skyscraper soon.
Edit: The newest update re-added TNT physics affecting the player (TNT may now blow you sky-high). It's not 100% accurate, because sometimes you get blown to the side when you're directly above the TNT or don't catch any air at all, but it's uncommon for that to happen.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

FullbringIchigo

by the way has anyone else had a problem connecting to a server since this update my dad (who is a free member by the way) can't play it at all any more unless i unplug the console from the internet

is anyone else having this problem?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Vincent294
Majin-Naruto

by the way has anyone else had a problem connecting to a server since this update my dad (who is a free member by the way) can't play it at all any more unless i unplug the console from the internet

Known issue. It will be patched in a new bug-fix update, which is about to be cert tested before release. Only affects free members on old worlds. That & redstone issues will be patched (dispenser issues to be specific).

Vincent294

FullbringIchigo
VincentV
Majin-Naruto

Known issue. It will be patched in a new bug-fix update, which is about to be cert tested before release. Only affects free members on old worlds. That & redstone issues will be patched (dispenser issues to be specific).

thank's for the info i'll tell my dad that should make him happy

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Vincent294

2 glitches that are like water & electricity together:
[list=*]
[*]Wolves attack you when you shoot yourself[/*]
[*]You can accidentally shoot yourself by aiming low & firing with minimal charge.[/*]
[/list]
I haven't had it happen while hunting w/ my wolves, but it's something I hope never happens. I almost did it once shooting at a creeper at the last second on a steep hill. Glad it doesn't always happen. Repeat shooting like that though, & it's inevitable.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

Ever thought of making a mob trap using an end portal?

Vincent294
bluerobin2

Ever thought of making a mob trap using an end portal?

Nope. Cool idea though. I drown mobs instead. Perhaps it's slow, but it's easy, compact, cheap, etc. Also, I'll post some pictures of my skyscraper tomorrow if not today. I'm also remodeling my old home to be as close to my current one as possible. It used to be 2 buildings, & they were expanded into skyscrapers. To make implementing my new interior design easy, I made a new home that was one building so I wouldn't have to gut the old house & deal with temporarily relocating necessary rooms, & it also made traveling simpler. It will have these cool looking skybridges my main house lacks, so when that's done, I'll post a picture of that house.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

Not sure if it's a good idea to post all the photos of my skyscraper on the site (I also took some photos of surrounding structures as well), so I might post a link or something.
Edit: Here's 4 select photos:
View of Spawn Point Beach, the Plateau, West Tree Network, & Twin Towers from the Viewing Area on the Tree Network
View of Spawn Point Beach, the Plateau, West Tree Network, & Twin Towers from the Viewing Area on the Tree Network
Main Base
Main Base
View of Plateau / Twin Tower - Main Base Railroad
View of Plateau / Twin Tower - Main Base Railroad
Storage Room @ Main Base
Storage Room @ Main Base

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Pixelrobin

Wow! I just got heck of inspired

Pixelrobin

Wait. I think you should check out a youtube channel from someone called mumbo jumbo if you have not already. He posts videos on a variaty of amazing redstone contraptions and how they work/ how to make them. Things like auto-farms, self building houses, secret areas, and more.

Vincent294
bluerobin2

Wow! I just got heck of inspired

And check out Etho's stuff on YouTube. He blows me out of the water right now. I'm catching up to rivaling his stuff though.

Vincent294

Vincent294
bluerobin2

Wait. I think you should check out a youtube channel from someone called mumbo jumbo if you have not already. He posts videos on a variaty of amazing redstone contraptions and how they work/ how to make them. Things like auto-farms, self building houses, secret areas, and more.

I saw his piano. I didn't subscribe, but I added a like to his video. Cool stuff.

Vincent294

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.