Forums

Topic: Tomb Raider

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Tasuki

I am sure I dont have to go into detail here since Tomb Raider seems to be the talk of the town.  It comes out in a week, so what are you thoughts on it?

I tried the earlier Tomb Raider games up to Tomb Raider III but they just didnt appeal to me.  However this reboot has seriously grabbed my attention.   I can't wait for this game.  So for those out there are you interested in this new addition to the Tomb Raider franchise or is it a slap in the face to the series?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Gamer83

I'm sure there will be Tomb Raider 'purists' who will cry about the game just like the idiots who whined about DmC but I'm looking forward to this game. Being an N64 owner back in the day I didn't play the Tomb Raiders, they looked interesting but didn't seem like anything special compared to the other PSone games (MGS, RE 1 and 2, Twisted Metal 2, etc) I'd play at friends' houses. The first Tomb Raider game I played through was Legend on the 360, then Anniversary and Underworld. All were very good games but after Underworld it was clear the series needed this kind of reboot to keep up with Uncharted and I for sure am looking forward to it. Reviews so far have been pretty damn good (I'll be interested to see how it fares here and at PushSquare) and from the gameplay footage it looks like the clunkiness that kept Legend and Underworld from reaching the top of the action genre has been fixed. With this and MLB The Show, next Tuesday will be a great day.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

SuperKMx

I really have not been bothered about the franchise, if I'm honest. I care about the individual games. Mainly, that's because you'll get one decent entry in the series, and then three poor ones.

I've played all of them since the series debuted on the PSOne, and I've never been really excited to play the next one each time. But, this reboot had me properly intrested at last year's E3, and everything I've seen since makes me want to play it.

I'll be there on day one. If it is anything like Uncharted, then that's just a bonus, in my eyes.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Gamer83

Are you guys going to review it?

Gamer83

SuperKMx

Indeed we are.

Ken Barnes,

Gamer83

Awesome, I'm buying the game regardless but I'm interested to see what you guys and the guys over at PushSquare think about it.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Tasuki

@KenB:  Sweet look forward to it.  Nintendo Life hasnt steered me wrong on a review yet and I expect this site will be the same.  I am just happy cause now I have a place to go to for Xbox 360 reviews.

My Backlog

SuperKMx
Tasuki

@KenB:  Sweet look forward to it.  Nintendo Life hasnt steered me wrong on a review yet and I expect this site will be the same.

Well, I hope we can keep up that tradition!

Ken Barnes,

Gamer83

Eventhough this was a Kinect website for the most part, whenever a game I was interested in (Halo Anniversary, Mass Effect 3, Forza Horizon, NFS: Most Wanted) did get reviewed it was spot on, so I've no doubt the TR review, good or bad, will be accurate. Now that this is a full Xbox website, this, PushSquare and Nintendo Life are the only gaming sources I go to on a daily basis. There's trustworthy coverage and friendly communities and since there's a lot of crossover with the Xbox and PS games I like to see how the reviews compare, Metal Gear Rising for example got a 9 here and a 7 at PS and it was interesting to read the different perspectives.

Anyway, sorry for straying a bit off topic there. To get back on track, I traded in some games to full pay for Lara's latest adventure, the early reviews have been great and I'm getting more hyped for the game by the day, it's  not easy waiting for it though.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Tasuki

Yeah as much as I want to play this game I just might have to rent it.  There are so many games coming out this month that I dont know which one I want to get.  I want to get Tomb Raider, as well as Monster Hunter and Lego City for the Wii U are on the top of the list but I am also looking at Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion 2 for the 3DS and then there's also Bioshock Infinite as well.

I think this month I will have to win the lottery just so I can get all these games.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

jordanmarsden

I'm yet to buy Metal Gear Rising because I've just purchased Crysis 3 and am also holding out for this one.

I was pretty lukewarm on the game until all the glowing reviews started coming out, but now I'm really looking forward to it. Considering the Xbox lacks Naughty Dog's Uncharted series, I'm hoping that this game fills that Nathan Drake shaped hole in my game library.

Jordan Marsden

http://about.me/jordanmarsden

Xbox Gamertag: Jordan La Forge | Twitter:

Gamer83

Well, bought the game and one of the limited edition controllers. Only about 4 hours in so far but I can say I'm loving what I've played. I'll give some more detailed opinions on the game after I've had a little bit longer with it but right now it actually feels like the game I wanted Uncharted 3 to be.

Gamer83

Tasuki

Great review mate.  For sure I am going to have to play this one at some point.  I have never really liked the TR series before but after hearing all the positive stuff from this game I think it was a good idea rebooting this series.

My Backlog

Gamer83

The more I play this game the more I like it. Crystal Dynamics' prior TR games had all been pretty good but they really hit it out of the park with this one.

Gamer83

Tasuki

Well I borrowed the game from my friend today and I have to say I am really enjoying this game.  Its been awhile since I have enjoyed a game this much.  I am going to have to pick this one up now when I get the cash.  I never played the Uncharted series since I dont have a PS3 so I cant compare Tomb Raider to that.  But yeah this game gets a 10 from me.

My Backlog

Amigaengine

GOTY so far in my mind

Amigaengine

Gamer83

If it weren't for Bioshock: Infinite this game easily would be my favorite to this point in the year. It's too bad SquareEnix isn't doing any single player DLC to keep the adventure going.

Gamer83

Tasuki
Gamer83

If it weren't for Bioshock: Infinite this game easily would be my favorite to this point in the year. It's too bad SquareEnix isn't doing any single player DLC to keep the adventure going.

No single player DLC?    That sucks I was hoping that there would be some.

My Backlog

Gamer83
Tasuki
Gamer83

No single player DLC?    That sucks I was hoping that there would be some.

Unfortunately SquareEnix has fallen into the same trap as everyother company and thinks all people care about is multiplayer. Hilariously multi is the LAST reason most people bought this game. I was happy with how the main story arc wrapped up but I was hoping for say a 3-pack of new challenge tombs that were a little more drawn out and possibly add some backstory. I'd have paid 400-800 MS Points for that depending on how much gameplay it added. Sadly it's not in the works.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.