Forums

Topic: We Need to Make This Site As Popular As Nintendo Life!

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Link245
James

Link245,

The idea of doing a Kinect-only site is to focus all our energy into covering one part of the console well. 360 has been out for six years now and there's simply too much out there to cover.

When there's a new Xbox announced we'll be there from day one, trust me.

Cheers!

James

Link245

@James Oh, I see. I wish there was some way to get more activity, as I noticed on a forum thing on the side we're only getting a couple of posts a month.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

James

The way to get more activity is to spread the word about KINECTaku: share it on social networks, tell friends and family members who like Kinect, that sort of thing.

Besides, we have a lot of comments on the main site so perhaps that's why we're not getting so many forum posts. A forum is only part of the story of any successful site anyway, certainly not the be-all and end-all

James

Apposl

I'd love to help. There's a big 'but' at the end of this, though.

I love Nintendo Life, I love what I'm seeing at Kinectaku - the team over here is great. While it might be slow starting for you, it's a relatively competitive area and niche, you'll build steam and cement your position over time. You've built it, they will come. Motion-tracking technology improves our living rooms in so many ways, I don't see these going away. The big brands have anted up with their tech names, from Kinect to Move, and these names will be around for a while.

Anyway. I'm a college student, single Dad, and combat vet... I've recently started up two of my own websites, just learning as I go and making a few dollars when I can to supplement income...and unfortuately, one is a Kinect site. I'd love to be friends, and would really love to come up with something mutually beneficial.

I do wish you the best over here. I feel there's more than enough room in the typical gamer's browser for different sites within the same niche - I have like 100 tabs open right now and can't be alone in that, LOL.

(My site is only about 3 weeks old and I do everything from logo design in MS Paint to coding - and I can't even make a comment bold without using a cheat button, LOL. So it's a slow process but fascinating and so fun! Anyway, point being, if anyone over here sees it... I know it's rough, but I'm getting there. Slowly.)

Apposl

CanisWolfred

The big problem is that it's advertised as a Kinect-focused site. By the next generation, when this site is more generally focused, I'm sure it'll be much more popular. At the very least I'd have a reason to bring it up in general conversation.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

James

When you say "the big problem is that it's _advertised_ as a Kinect-focused site" -- KINECTaku _is_ a Kinect-focused site Calling it what it is isn't a problem

Besides our readership is significantly increasing so I think we're starting to take off!

James

pwllem

I'm glad there is a Kinect focused site. Don't get me wrong, I'm in the middle of several RPG & FPS games, but as a dad, Kinect has been helping my non gaming kids get into one of the activities I love. My tween daughter actually asks to hang out with me to play Dance central and Kinect sports. This is a time when most of her friends are like "daaaaaad get out of my life!" I know it'll come someday but for now Kinect is helping kill that noise! So Thank you Kinectaku for helipng me find the most for my Kinect!

Thats right. I play Gears & Kinectimals...

Tasuki

I am sure now that it has been changed form an Kinect site to a Pure Xbox site it will get more activity now, at least I am hoping it will.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Vincent294

Advertise the site on NLife & Push Square?

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

SuperKMx

There's links to the site on every page of NL and PS already.

It'll take a bit of time to get the community up to the level of those two sites, but with the likes of yourselves (Tasuki, VincentV) - we'll get there. Just gotta get people posting!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Ant:  I am sure it will.  As people discover that this is now a pure xbox site (pun intended) instead of a Kinect site people will come over.  Also I am sure the traffic will flow when MS makes an announcement on their next system.

I have also been passing the word around my work since there are a few Xbox gamers there about this site as well.

My Backlog

Vincent294
KenB

There's links to the site on every page of NL and PS already.

It'll take a bit of time to get the community up to the level of those two sites, but with the likes of yourselves (Tasuki, VincentV) - we'll get there. Just gotta get people posting!

That's how I discovered Pure Xbox. I accidentally scrolled down and was like hell yeah. But how many people do that? I do hope the word is spread some other way though. Perhaps a mention in the X360 forum topic on NLife?

Vincent294

DarkNinja9

i found this site by accident when my page just scrolled to the very bottom and i saw the link i though finally since know one in the xbox section of nintylife replied to me when i been looking for a xbox blog site :[ but yeah it needs more users still glad theres recent blog news which is what matters ^-^

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

Tasuki

I have noticed at times banners at the top of the page on Nintendo Life advertising Push Square.  Not sure if you guys have one for Pure Xbox but I am sure that more people will see that than just a link at the bottom of the page.

My Backlog

Vincent294

An idea: Have a banner at the top of NLife, Push Square, & Pure Xbox w/ the logos for each site in a thin banner. You can put an outline around the site you're on now, and clicking on one site's logo takes it to you. You'd get way more attention for each site that way.

Vincent294

SuperKMx

A good idea, no doubt. I'll be having a chat with the powers that be in the next week or two to see what we can get going.

Ken Barnes,

Vincent294
KenB

A good idea, no doubt. I'll be having a chat with the powers that be in the next week or two to see what we can get going.

Ok. That would help out all the sites that are part of NLife for sure.
Edit: Also, I tried posting this, & it told me I had to wait 1 min between posts. Is that a anti-spam measure, or a way to cut server costs? Because over 1 hour, spam could turn this place into hell anyways, especially w/ multiple accounts.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

SuperKMx

That's an anti-spam measure - just to ensure that folks can't post 60 times in a minute about the same thing, is all.

Ken Barnes,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.