Forums

Topic: Walking Dead Telltale Series

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Tasuki

Well since it started on XBLA I figure this would be the best place to discuss this game.  Not sure if any of you are familiar with Telltale games but they are alot like point and click PC games the made a Back to the Future one for the Wii and PC and a Jurassic Park one for PC, Xbox and PS3.  Walking Dead follows the same play style as those two but is based on the Walking Dead IP which is a comic series and as well as a TV series.

So I have to say that this one is the best Telltale game yet.  I really like the cell shaded graphics they use which makes it seem like a comic book.  From what I have heard due to popularity of this game they are working on another season for the Telltale game which is due to arrive sometime this  year.  Also from what I have heard is that it will play off of your choices from the first game if you have a save file from it on your hardrive.

So have any of you checked this game out and if so what did you think?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

SuperKMx

I have - shamefully - yet to try this one. I think I might have to give it a go this weekend

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

jordanmarsden

Absolutely adore Telltale's The Walking Dead. I'm a fan of the comic-book series, and the fact that this game was based on the awesome graphic novels rather than the current TV series reflects on how seriously Telltale took this project.

Few games have left me with such an emotional response by the time the credits rolled. A worthy game of the year.

Jordan Marsden

http://about.me/jordanmarsden

Xbox Gamertag: Jordan La Forge | Twitter:

Tasuki
jordanmarsden

Absolutely adore Telltale's The Walking Dead. I'm a fan of the comic-book series, and the fact that this game was based on the awesome graphic novels rather than the current TV series reflects on how seriously Telltale took this project.

Few games have left me with such an emotional response by the time the credits rolled. A worthy game of the year.

Totally agree with that statement.  Funny thing is I never got into the Walking Dead before this game but after this game I watched a few of the TV episodes on Netflix and I just couldn't get into them.  I like the characters alot better in the game than the TV show and I just think the overall writing is better.  Can't wait for season 2.

My Backlog

Kaeobais

I picked up the disc version recently. Only passed the first two episodes, but it's fantastic so far. Really well made games. The graphics could've been better (I know it's stylized, but the textures were still blurry), and it can be a little laggy. I've also had one or two strange bugs, but aside from that, it's absolutely phenomenal.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Tasuki

Starting Tuesday the price for each episode will be on sale as part of the XBox Live spring sale.  So for all the episodes it will run you 800 points with the first one being free.  If you haven't checked out this game now, that will be the perfect time.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So are any of you excited for the 400 days DLC coming out this Friday?  I totally can't wait for it.  It will be a nice distraction till season two comes out.

My Backlog

Anthinator

Definitely excited here as well. I ain't waiting till Friday though, buying it on PSN. That was where I had played the first 5 episodes anyway and apparently 400 days reads your save file even though this is a prequel. Either way, I hope it lives up to Telltale standards.

Anthony Bacchus,
Deputy US Editor,
Pure Xbox

Xbox Gamertag: ApartAnthinator | Twitter:

Tasuki
Anthinator

Definitely excited here as well. I ain't waiting till Friday though, buying it on PSN. That was where I had played the first 5 episodes anyway and apparently 400 days reads your save file even though this is a prequel. Either way, I hope it lives up to Telltale standards.

You lucky PS3 owners.  Kinda makes me wish I had a PS3 now lol.  Well at least I have the Injustice DLC now for the Wii U so that should keep me busy till Friday.

My Backlog

Gamer83

I enjoyed the 400 Days DLC, short but definitely a great set up for season 2.

Gamer83

Anthinator

Whoa, that was excellent; Just a great piece of downloadable content.

It's quite remarkable Telltale could create 5 distinct and interesting stories in such small doses. I enjoyed all of them and felt that this was a nice teaser to Season 2. Man, that was good.

Anthony Bacchus,
Deputy US Editor,
Pure Xbox

Xbox Gamertag: ApartAnthinator | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.