Forums

Topic: XBLA Kinect Games

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

RedToad64

Any chance of seeing downloadable games that support Kinect in the future?

RedToad64

RedToad64
Mickeymac

Ah, interesting.
Thank you for replying.

RedToad64

Crunchewy

Yes, but maybe not until a new dashboard. I say this because as far as I can tell there is no way to launch a download game from the Kinect Hub. You can't even launch a demo from the hub - I downloaded the Sonic Free Riders demo and you have to use a controller and the classic dashboard to get to it. Or am I just missing something obvious? If not, I really doubt we'll see many/any downloadable Kinect games. Of course I hope I'm wrong!

Crunchewy

Ringquelle

I am kind of curious why we aren't really seeing any XBLA Kinect games, besides the HUb not having an option to open downloaded games. Are the XBLA developpers waiting to see if Child of Eden on XBLA is a succes? Or has Microsoft not yet released developper's tools for the Kinect for smaller developpers?

Ringquelle

mastodona

Is child of eden an xbla game? I didnt know that. I imagine the answer is people are still learning how to even code for kinect and smaller developers probably dont have the resources to "waste" learning this and risking games when they can just release games to the much larger xbox ownership in general?

mastodona

Crunchewy

This weekend I downloaded the demo of Kinect Sports and actually it *does* show up in the Kinect Hub. So it does appear to be possible for download games to show up there. I'm not sure why that wasn't the case for Sonic Free Riders -that didn't show up in the hub. It does, however, make you wonder what the hub would be like if you downloaded a lot of Kinect games and they all showed up in the hub. Hmm.

Edited on by Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Gotcha0895

I should hope so

Gotcha0895

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.