Forums

Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

James

Ignore that Super Meat Boy rubbish, this is the finest game on XBLA (OK, so it's not, but it's still good fun.)

Have you been enjoying Sonic's return to his 2D roots on 360? Have you amassed all the Achievements and earned those awesome Avatar awards?

James

Corbs

I have enjoyed Sonic 4 a lot. Sure it's not perfect, but that's what we have the Mega Drive games for.

Plain old gamer :)

James

Exactly! I've completed it a few times on both Wii and 360 and it's a riot. I think they have a lot of improvements to make for the sequel but I'm really excited to see it, especially with the story as it looks like it might take inspiration from my joint-favourite 2D Sonic game.

James

JonWahlgren

I think it's garbage. It plays like a by-the-numbers, pandering, "Sonic fans like this stuff, right?" sequel with atrocious physics. So, nope, can't say I've gotten my money's worth on this one. Sorry, Sega!

JonWahlgren

Xbox Gamertag: johnnypanda | Twitter:

BBilson

Aye, Sonic 4:Ep 1 didn't do anything for me.

Tomb Raider though - that was an overlooked classic from the Summer of Arcade if ever I saw one. Surprisingly awesome game.

KINECTaku reviewer and man with a multi-coloured beard

James

I was torn by Sonic 4 at first. I know the physics are completely different to the original games, and yes it's really just a HD remake of Sonic's best 16-bit moments, but I ended up falling in love with it anyway. The level design was better than I'd expected, with comparatively fewer pits of death than I remember and all the bits I love best about Sonic.

I'm not going to say it's his best ever outing - it's got nothing on Sonic CD - but it's a really solid start and I think the follow-up could be ace.

James

CanisWolfred

I'm still pissed I missed the 800 free points promotional. I was soo gonna use them to get myself a cheap Sonic 4 (or a free Meat Boy, either one is good)

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

James

Now you're making me wish it were released on the Sega Saturn. Dammit!

James

WolfRamHeart

I thought that the demo was okay but something about it just felt kind of off to me. I can't bring myself to spend the 1200 points for it especially considering that the game so short and episodic. However, as soon as it goes on sale I will be sure to give it a download. I just hope that Sega is actually listening to the criticism of the fans in order to make episode 2 more polished sequel.

WolfRamHeart

James
WolfRamHeart

I just hope that Sega is actually listening to the criticism of the fans in order to make episode 2 more polished sequel.

As a hardcore Sega nerd my first instinct is to say "of course they're listening to the criticism!" but then historical evidence greatly disagrees with this assessment. Perhaps they'll listen to some of it and ignore the rest - that's a more Sega-like thing to do (love you Sega)!

James

SpentAllMyTokens

I have it on PSN (boo, hiss), and I love it.  I wish they had kept the old physics (at least for rolling), but once you get used to them it's fine.  I only need the trophy where you beat the boss without getting hurt at all to complete it.

@James

I would sell my soul to see Sonic CD on VC or PSN (or I guess I could just track down that GCN compilation with it on there - but then I wouldn't have that awesome icon on my Wii menu for all to see).

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

James

I would also sell your soul to see Sonic CD come online, although I already own the game (twice, woop) and no doubt the digital version would be the inferior American soundtrack as opposed to the awesome European/Japanese music. Do track down the Sonic Gems Collection though, it's aces.

James

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.