Forums

Topic: Forza Horizon 2 DLC - Who's in?

Posts 1 to 20 of 32

SuperKMx

The new Forza Horizon 2 DLC has been confirmed as coming out on Dec 16th. Link: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2014/12/fo … _very_soon

I'll be in for sure. Puts me in mind of the awesome Burnout Paradise's "Big Surf Island" DLC, which added STACKS of stuff to an already-great game.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

tylertreese

I need to finish the main game but I'm sure I'll pick it up afterwards.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Captain_Chao5

I'll probably pick this up. Really must get FH2 back on my xbox.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

I'm in if it's free... I bought the Day One Ultimate Deluxe super bloody duper edition and will be slightly miffed if they expect me to cough up even more money for this...

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

SuperKMx
stylon

I'm in if it's free... I bought the Day One Ultimate Deluxe super bloody duper edition and will be slightly miffed if they expect me to cough up even more money for this...

Nope, it'll be $9.99 to you sir. They deluxe edition only includes car packs, unfortunately. Absolute ridiculous state of affairs if you ask me.

Ken Barnes,

stylon
SuperKMx
stylon

Nope, it'll be $9.99 to you sir. They deluxe edition only includes car packs, unfortunately. Absolute ridiculous state of affairs if you ask me.

Yeah - £72 that version cost me. Checked the wording of it again last night - it's a 'car pass' not a 'season pass' plus the VIP membership. Bit of a clever con as I'm sure they were fully aware that this DLC was in the pipeline.

stylon

Captain_Chao5
stylon
SuperKMx
stylon

Yeah - £72 that version cost me. Checked the wording of it again last night - it's a 'car pass' not a 'season pass' plus the VIP membership. Bit of a clever con as I'm sure they were fully aware that this DLC was in the pipeline.

Jeez. That's harsh! You'd expect the 'Golden Balls' version to include update DLC too.

As at 10:40am UK time it's not even on the storefront

Edited on by Captain_Chao5

stylon

@Captain_Chao5 - Exactly, that's the only reason I shelled out so much for that version of the game. Just assumed it would include everything that would be released for it, at least for the first 6 months...

I'll definitely think twice before doing that again as to be honest there are more than enough cars in this game so the 'car pass' thing was a waste of money. Now I find out that it doesn't include any other DLC... wish I'd just purchased the basic game now.

stylon

Red620Ti

I've been burned that way before Stylon, hence just the Day One Edition for me.

On Topic, I'm not getting this yet.  Too many other games to play, and it'll be on sale in 6 months time........

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

Chameleon1977

Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I always read the car pass as exactly that, and would never have expected any actual DLC to have been included.
Of course, I wasn't expecting any DLC of this ilk to drop so quickly, if at all.  As it turns out, I'm actually impressed with Playground Games that they've seen fit to give a discount for VIP owners.

As far as release goes, I believe it's expected around 6pm UK time, and I've already topped up my account (£50 voucher is currently £43 at cdkeys, if anyone's interested) to get it, along with the Sunset Overdrive DLC releasing next week.

Chameleon1977

Xbox Gamertag: Chameleon1977

SuperKMx
Captain_Chao5

Nope, it'll be up at 6pm.

Ken Barnes,

Captain_Chao5
SuperKMx
Captain_Chao5

Nope, it'll be up at 6pm.

You weren't wrong. £7.99 for me (VIP). Not sure about that exchange rate though M$....$9.99 = £7.99?

Ordered anyway. It's about time I got FH2 loaded again.

stylon

Anybody played the DLC yet then? First impressions? Does it offer anything significantly different to what's already in the main game?

stylon

Captain_Chao5
stylon

Anybody played the DLC yet then? First impressions? Does it offer anything significantly different to what's already in the main game?

I've not yet played as the Wife called shotgun on the Xb1 last night.  I did watch a broadcast on Twitch with (supposedly) a Forza Motorsport guy playing it. I say supposedly as he had full racing line turned on and was wiping the floor with the racers without going that fast. Plus hit rewind several times. Me thinks EASY mode selected!

It did look quite good and I think he revealed the barn find - which I'll not mention here for fear of spoiler-death-threats 

stylon

@Captain_Chao5 That's not a bad idea (Twitch) will have a look tonight and see if anyone is playing it... I want to see these new weather effects and the new locale

Edited on by stylon

stylon

Chameleon1977

Had a quick blast on it this morning, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  So far, a couple of events, and they seem quite good.  The ones I played had got the hills and troughs of the off-road sections of the main game, but with dirt (mud) tracks through trees, so at least you don't get lost as I occasionally did in the off-road races in the main game (playing from cockpit view doesn't help).

Some tracks have the odd obstacle in the middle of the road to avoid - that sounds worse than it is.  They're like tyre barriers/water barrels that funnel you one side or the other.  Increased rain effects are good, swirling round in front of you, creating a bit of a fog effect in the distance.

Only three races in I think and, whilst I guess it's much of the same really, It's good fun.  Ultimately there's only so much different they can do, but it looks like they've done what they can and I know I'm going to thoroughly enjoy blasting around a new location.

Chameleon1977

Xbox Gamertag: Chameleon1977

stylon
Chameleon1977

Had a quick blast on it this morning, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  So far, a couple of events, and they seem quite good.  The ones I played had got the hills and troughs of the off-road sections of the main game, but with dirt (mud) tracks through trees, so at least you don't get lost as I occasionally did in the off-road races in the main game (playing from cockpit view doesn't help).

Some tracks have the odd obstacle in the middle of the road to avoid - that sounds worse than it is.  They're like tyre barriers/water barrels that funnel you one side or the other.  Increased rain effects are good, swirling round in front of you, creating a bit of a fog effect in the distance.

Only three races in I think and, whilst I guess it's much of the same really, It's good fun.  Ultimately there's only so much different they can do, but it looks like they've done what they can and I know I'm going to thoroughly enjoy blasting around a new location.

Thanks for that - I'm quite liking the sound of this actually. I wasn't a massive fan of the off-road driving through vinyards and fields of the original (mainly as I play from a cokcpit view like you said). This sounds much more Colin Mcrae which is great in my book

stylon

Captain_Chao5
stylon

Thanks for that - I'm quite liking the sound of this actually. I wasn't a massive fan of the off-road driving through vinyards and fields of the original (mainly as I play from a cokcpit view like you said). This sounds much more Colin Mcrae which is great in my book

Yeah. The bit I saw seemed to show more options for car 'tweaks' like raised suspension, dirt tyres, etc. Definitely a 'rally' feel to it.

SuperKMx

I'll have a full review up tomorrow

Ken Barnes,

stylon
SuperKMx

I'll have a full review up tomorrow

Nice one - look forward to it.

stylon

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.