Forums

Topic: The Crew

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

SuperKMx

Been delving into The Crew this week on Xbox One. It's...interesting.

Has anyone else taken the plunge? How are you finding it?

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Captain_Chao5

I'm hoping to pick this up as part of the Ubisoft apology package. Played the demo and wasn't too sure - but for free I'll give it a go.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

SuperKMx
Captain_Chao5

I'm hoping to pick this up as part of the Ubisoft apology package. Played the demo and wasn't too sure - but for free I'll give it a go.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the connectivity problems, I don't think it would be that bad. Full review to come.

If I stop getting disconnected halfway through single player races, that is.

Ken Barnes,

stylon

Looking forward to your review - all I've heard so far really is that the online side of things is broken. Bit ridiculous for an online only game... I know this is nothing new this generation but it's definitely getting old.

@Chaos - seems to have gone very quiet on the Ubisoft freebie front. I'm chomping at the bit for Far Cry 4...

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

SuperKMx

Yup, the review is on the way this week. We've had some troubles here and there, it must be said...

Ken Barnes,

Captain_Chao5
stylon

Looking forward to your review - all I've heard so far really is that the online side of things is broken. Bit ridiculous for an online only game... I know this is nothing new this generation but it's definitely getting old.

@Chaos - seems to have gone very quiet on the Ubisoft freebie front. I'm chomping at the bit for Far Cry 4...

@Stylon - There's a bit of an update on the Ubi site over the weekend. Seems they are "working" on a method to manage this. I'm looking forward to seeing the PureXbox review as the others I've seen on amazon are not too hot. I'm also chomping to play FC4, but I have to wait for Xmas day.

Red620Ti

So far (having played about 1 hour), so NFS Undercover.  Not necessarily a bad thing, I enjoyed it!

Driving is ok, cars seem a little inconsistent (understeer on one corner, wild oversteer on the next) but bearable for an arcade racer.  Seems to have a decent story and the acting is even better than the Dinklebot in Destiny!

However , the reason I;'ve only played an hour is the shitty never seem to have their stars aligned with mine, and thus won't let me in..........

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon

I have seen a couple of gameplay videos on youtube and the one thing that immediately jumped out at me was that bloody annoying racing line/GPS thing hovering in the sky... Can you turn that off? That would annoy the hell out of me - that's going to be so distracting wiggling around up there like a decapitated neon snake...

stylon

SuperKMx
stylon

I have seen a couple of gameplay videos on youtube and the one thing that immediately jumped out at me was that bloody annoying racing line/GPS thing hovering in the sky... Can you turn that off? That would annoy the hell out of me - that's going to be so distracting wiggling around up there like a decapitated neon snake...

I haven't tried to turn it off as yet, but there's a "perk" that you can enable that allows you to have a traditional ground-based racing line (like in Forza) during races and events. Outside of those, it reverts to the sky. Going to play an hour or two in a minute, so I'll check it out.

Ken Barnes,

Tasuki

Ok so I have to ask what kind of racing game is this?  Is it an arcade racer like PGR or more of a sim like Gran Turismo?  Been looking for a good racing game this gen.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

SuperKMx
Tasuki

Ok so I have to ask what kind of racing game is this?  Is it an arcade racer like PGR or more of a sim like Gran Turismo?  Been looking for a good racing game this gen.

Definitely not a sim. Pitched more toward arcade-style play along the lines of Need for Speed Underground, I'd say. Not a patch on PGR.

Ken Barnes,

stylon

This is only £24.99 at Game right now... is it worth a punt at this price? I'm very tempted I have to say...

stylon

Captain_Chao5
stylon

This is only £24.99 at Game right now... is it worth a punt at this price? I'm very tempted I have to say...

Same price on Amazon. Not really played enough to give an opinion yet, but will let you know.

stylon
Captain_Chao5
stylon

Same price on Amazon. Not really played enough to give an opinion yet, but will let you know.

Thanks - although I read yours and red's comments in another thread just before... picked up a fairly negative vibe between the two of you, especially with regards achievements and them being linked to multiplayer... I probably just need to fight my 'get it 'cos it's cheap' urge and just move on lol

stylon

Red620Ti
stylon
Captain_Chao5
stylon

Thanks - although I read yours and red's comments in another thread just before... picked up a fairly negative vibe between the two of you, especially with regards achievements and them being linked to multiplayer... I probably just need to fight my 'get it 'cos it's cheap' urge and just move on lol

I don't think it'll be a bad game...........Did you ever play NFS Undercover?  But the cheevo list is kinda depressing.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Captain_Chao5

Okay - just played the first couple of races on the FH2 DLC. It's a no-brainer for me. There's no way I'd pay for The Crew.  FH2 kicks it's ass into next year.

@Stylon - As you mentioned Colin McCrae Rally - I think you'll love the Storm Island expansion. The car handling comparison between FH2 and The Crew is worlds apart.

FH2 you can control a slide to go around a corner.
The Crew you struggle to keep the car in a straight line at speed.

Now I've remembered how much I like FH2, I'm not sure The Crew will even be on my HDD for much longer...and that's without comparing the graphics. The only thing The Crew has going for it is a massive map, but I value quality over quantity so it's not really a win point.

Red620Ti
Captain_Chao5

Okay - just played the first couple of races on the FH2 DLC. It's a no-brainer for me. There's no way I'd pay for The Crew.  FH2 kicks it's ass into next year.

@Stylon - As you mentioned Colin McCrae Rally - I think you'll love the Storm Island expansion. The car handling comparison between FH2 and The Crew is worlds apart.

FH2 you can control a slide to go around a corner.
The Crew you struggle to keep the car in a straight line at speed.

Now I've remembered how much I like FH2, I'm not sure The Crew will even be on my HDD for much longer...and that's without comparing the graphics. The only thing The Crew has going for it is a massive map, but I value quality over quantity so it's not really a win point.

Since it was free, won't hurt to keep it, will it?

Captain_Chao5

Sure. For free it's okay, but once the HDD needs space, it'll be high on the delete list.  I think Stylon was considering actual £££'s to buy it.

stylon

Thanks for that guys - I think I mentioned it on another thread (another forum even? lost track now) but I'm going to take your advice and stick with the Forza DLC - I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed with The Crew, especially if Chaos think's its 'meh' even for free lol

stylon

Captain_Chao5

Let's just say I've not even got as far with the real game as I did the beta before I was feeling 'meh'. In contrast, loading the Storm Island DLC made me realise just how piss-poor the handling in The Crew is. I like to throw cars around corners in a controlled slide...FH2 does this just fine. If I could un-install and give the code away, I probably would.   SO glad I cancelled the pre-order at Amazon or I'd have been £40+ down and mightily annoyed.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.