Forums

Topic: WWE Discussion

Posts 1 to 20 of 136

tylertreese

So how about that Survivor Series?

Quick Thoughts:
- Loved that Miz and Mizdow won even though I love the 'Dusts'.
- AJ
- Bray/Ambrose was a big tease for TLC
- Main event was perfectly done in my opinion. Rollins stole most of the match and then oh my goodness when Sting came out I totally marked out. He was my favorite wrestler as a kid and I was just ecstatic. Also nice to see Ziggler get some love even though I think he needs to stop selling every bump so hard.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Tasuki

I have to say I did enjoy Survivor Series alot even before Sting made his appearance.  I really liked the tag team match the most its good to see them going back to traditional tag teams rather then lets put these two guys together that we don't know what to do with like they were doing a few years ago.  The  Ambrose/Wyatt match was great as well even though it was a total set up for TLC.

The only thing that disappointed me was the prematch with Cesaro again it just puzzles me as to why they are holding this guy back.  This is the guy they should have went too when Daniel Bryan was hurt instead of John Cena.  But hey maybe in few years we will be seeing Cesaro the soul survivor of a Survivor Series match like Ziggler.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

tylertreese

Yeah they have been handling Cesaro so poorly. He is probably the best worker they have. He can have a good match with anyone.

Tasuki

@TylerTreese:  Yeah it looked like they were going somewhere with him especially after that win at Wrestlmania but then nothing.  I don't know if he got into trouble back stage cause that happened to some superstars in the past (Triple HHH is a big example of that) or if it's just the writers or what.  It just irks me when they have a solid guy that can break out like that and they keep using Cena.  :/

My Backlog

tylertreese

Raw last night was pretty bad. Mystery GM again? -_-

SuperKMx
TylerTreese

So how about that Survivor Series?

Quick Thoughts:
- Loved that Miz and Mizdow won even though I love the 'Dusts'.
- AJ
- Bray/Ambrose was a big tease for TLC
- Main event was perfectly done in my opinion. Rollins stole most of the match and then oh my goodness when Sting came out I totally marked out. He was my favorite wrestler as a kid and I was just ecstatic. Also nice to see Ziggler get some love even though I think he needs to stop selling every bump so hard.

Cannot STAND the Dusts, so happy that Miz and Mizdow won. Bray/Ambrose was indeed nothing but a tease - should be pretty awesome.

Main event was fun. Agree with you about Ziggler overselling. It's ridiculous. Little slap to the face and his head spins round and he's dazed like he's just been hit with a Conchairto.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Gamer83
TylerTreese

Raw last night was pretty bad. Mystery GM again? -_-

Funny enough, Monday's Raw was the first episode I've watched in a good, long while and no surprise, something ridiculous happens at the end that bothers me. Part of the reason I stopped watching to begin with was because they went overboard and far too long with anonymous GM and Michael Cole acting like a complete tool. Hopefully it's just a one-night deal.

Gamer83

tylertreese
SuperKMx

Cannot STAND the Dusts

But Cody has a Triforce symbol on his boots

Gamer83

Hopefully it's just a one-night deal.

Yeah, I heard they are gonna do different GMs each week until they figure out an actual solution to who will be running it.

Also if anyone is interested CM Punk gave a great interview talking about why he left and getting fired on his wedding day
www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/11/27/7298557/cm-punk-story-wa...

Edited on by tylertreese

Gamer83

That was an interesting interview with CM Punk. As is always the case, I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in between, unless WWE ever folds though, it's likely we'll never hear that side of the story. One thing I will give Punk credit for, and I do think WWE took him for granted in this sense, while the guy may have been an a-hole, he was about as hard-working a person in the business. He was at the Raws, he was at the Smackdowns, he was at the little houseshows that champions back in the day like HBK, HHH, Taker, etc, would never dream of showing up at.

Gamer83

tylertreese

Yup, I'm really glad Punk is happier now. Hope the best for him and his wife.

If he is happier then I'm glad he'll never wrestle again, he already put in his time and provided some great memories for fans. Even though as a selfish consumer I wanna see him back obviously

Gamer83

Yeah, I'd definitely love to see Punk return but it is what it is. What annys me is how pathetically out of touch WWE is these days. The most recent time I actually enjoyed it was leading up to Money in the Bank 2011. They had a great heel in R-Truth an angle which they completely blew, Punk was on fire and there was a lot of intriguing stuff they could've done but never really took advantage of it and of course HHH had to interject himself into the picture because we can't have a big storyline without big nose and his wife being a part of it.

Gamer83

tylertreese

I gotta say Mizdow throwing himself out of the Battle Royal after Miz got thrown out on Smackdown was pretty amazing. Mizdow is the best.

Also 'A New Day' had a good premiere. Glad to see Xavier, Big E & Kofi getting some TV time. Xavier Woods seems like a really cool dude (even did a top 10 list last year for Giant Bomb).

SuperKMx

I may have signed up for the WWE Network today using a DNS workaround. Sky Sports have basically prevented WWE from launching the Network in the UK, as they get a huge chunk of the pay-per-view profits over here.

Screw 'em. Been watching the Monday Night Wars series all day in the background. Really worth the $10, I reckon.

Ken Barnes,

Tasuki
SuperKMx

I may have signed up for the WWE Network today using a DNS workaround. Sky Sports have basically prevented WWE from launching the Network in the UK, as they get a huge chunk of the pay-per-view profits over here.

Screw 'em. Been watching the Monday Night Wars series all day in the background. Really worth the $10, I reckon.

I have been a subscriber to the WWE Network for since it went live and I have to say I am very pleased with the service.  I mean with as much content they have $10 a month sounds like too good to be true.  Even if you just watch the PPVs an nothing more its still a heck of a deal.

My Backlog

Gamer83
SuperKMx

You get access to full episodes of all the old Raws and Nitros, right? That alone would be worth the $10 a month for me. I'm just so disappointed in the current product and direction of the company though that I don't want to give them money if I don't have to.

Gamer83

SuperKMx
Gamer83

You get access to full episodes of all the old Raws and Nitros, right? That alone would be worth the $10 a month for me. I'm just so disappointed in the current product and direction of the company though that I don't want to give them money if I don't have to.

You probably do yeah, but I can't find them! I've got access to all the pay-per-views for all three companies, and all their original programming such as the Monday Night Wars series and Legends House (which looks awful) but I can't find Raw/Smackdown/Nitro/Thunder anywhere :/

Ken Barnes,

tylertreese
SuperKMx
Gamer83

You probably do yeah, but I can't find them! I've got access to all the pay-per-views for all three companies, and all their original programming such as the Monday Night Wars series and Legends House (which looks awful) but I can't find Raw/Smackdown/Nitro/Thunder anywhere :/

Should be under In-Ring Programming although they still need to add a lot of the older stuff. Also the most recent Raw/Smackdowns are not put up until a month or two later so I just catch up on those on YouTube

SuperKMx
TylerTreese

Should be under In-Ring Programming although they still need to add a lot of the older stuff. Also the most recent Raw/Smackdowns are not put up until a month or two later so I just catch up on those on YouTube

Aaaah...I didn't spy it in there, but you're right, they are indeed there. Shame the most recent ones aren't available for such a long time. I'd probably watch them if they were recent.

Ken Barnes,

tylertreese
SuperKMx
TylerTreese

Aaaah...I didn't spy it in there, but you're right, they are indeed there. Shame the most recent ones aren't available for such a long time. I'd probably watch them if they were recent.

Yeah its lame but I guess that is due to their TV contracts. I think Hulu shows a cut-down version of RAW if memory serves.

Tasuki
TylerTreese
SuperKMx
TylerTreese

Yeah its lame but I guess that is due to their TV contracts. I think Hulu shows a cut-down version of RAW if memory serves.

Yeah I think its because of contracts with hulu and such.  Although I thought but I could be mistaken that when WWE Network first started to advertise they said that you can watch all the current episodes of Raw and Smackdown the day after like Hulu but that never happened.  So that let me believe its cause of contracts.

I will say though that for the past month I have been watching Monday Nitro from the beginning then when it was time for the PPV I would watch that like I would if it was live lol.

I also really enjoy the old ECW PPVs.  Some of those matches are the best matches I have ever seen.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.