Forums

Topic: Ryse Son of Rome

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

CliffordB

Having been playing the MP/Co-op of this game every time I get the chance, I can't believe the reviews this game has got, I honestly think it's fantastic, most reviews say it's repetitive, but, I think to score it low because of this is unfair, for example nearly every FPS game out there is repetitive and so are many games in other genres, in truth you don't find many games that don't get repetitive in one way or another.

As for the graphics, WOW! I am in no way a fan boy, but hands down Ryse is easily the best looking console game I've ever played, if XO can get these graphics in a launch title then the future is surely bright, I feel it will take something pretty special to better or even match Ryse in the graphics department on any current console.

It's rare for me to get into the MP side of any game, but, I really find Ryse addictive, I love the way you continue to level up and get better equipment via the booster packs, and going through everything in co-op is great fun.

I think anyone who enjoys games in the action hack & slash genre should love Ryse.

So am I alone, or do any of you on here think Ryse is totally underrated?

CliffordB

SuperKMx
CliffordB

I personally really enjoyed Ryse, but I can see why people wouldn't necessarily like it. I didn't get into multiplayer, but the single-player campaign was really fun and it sure kept me engaged right up until I'd finished it!

With that said, most of my friends who have played it have all said that they found it to be repetitive and dull. I guess we're the odd ones out here, Clifford!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

CliffordB
SuperKMx
CliffordB

I personally really enjoyed Ryse, but I can see why people wouldn't necessarily like it. I didn't get into multiplayer, but the single-player campaign was really fun and it sure kept me engaged right up until I'd finished it!

With that said, most of my friends who have played it have all said that they found it to be repetitive and dull. I guess we're the odd ones out here, Clifford!

It seems that way, can't believe more people don't like the game, as I said it's unusual for me to get into MP in any game but I have found Ryse a real pleasant surprise in this area, I just like the whole online setup, everything seems to work well and is all very smooth.

I started the SP campaign yesterday and already love it, can't wait to get back to it.

For me this is my favourite XO title so far (although I also have to mention Powerstar Golf as well which I've greatly enjoyed), while on the PS4 I'd probably say inFAMOUS: Second Son
is my favourite so far.

CliffordB

Skeet1981

I love RYSE. It's not a game I can play for very long, but I come back to it at least once a week. The biggest problem with it though is it takes forever to get much gold on MP. It seems such a chore to get enough to get some decent packs.

Skeet1981

tylertreese

I enjoyed playing through Ryse. It was a solid rental since as soon as the game ended I didn't want to play anymore of it

Might pick it up for my collection when it gets super cheap since I never tried the multiplayer but I'm sure it is dead now. It was kind of like Knack for me where the combat wasn't spectacular by any means but boy was the game gorgeous to look at and had a lot of style.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

stylon

I absolutely adored Ryse - I played right through the campaign twice so I could get the Legendary achievements and find the collectibles. It's still probably the best looking game on the one. When played on the highest difficulty the combat becomes really satisfying - you have to chain your combos in order to refill your health bar.

The MP was a lot of fun too - I bought the Season Pass for the extra arenas - but I've not been back to it for a long time. The MP achievements are very grindy - think I lost heart a bit trying to reach level 100 and I believe they've moved the goalpoasts now too...

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

tylertreese
stylon

It's still probably the best looking game on the one.

While I feel like there are games with a far better art style on the system from a pure technical standpoint I would probably agree with you on that.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Emanouel

I really loved playing RYSE, the graphics where superb for a launch title too bad the game was too short

Words of Wisdom: "Do Or No Not, There Is No Try !" .... Master YODA

Xbox Gamertag: Mr Chimps 2008 | Twitter:

Red620Ti

I liked it too, still need to finish it on super duper hard and do the DLC

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon
TylerTreese

This is super interesting!
http://t.co/JJk0n5FfwG

A look at it when it was first person

That was a very interesting read, cheers. I knew it was originally slated as a Kinect game but had no idea about the rest of its' long history. Glad it turned out the way it did though... would have been exhausting to play through it with Kinect (and probably a bit crap too)!

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.